Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 1:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I was a wonderin'... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jul-Sep 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   I was a wonderin'...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I was a wonderin'...  (Read 271 times)
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

I was a wonderin'...
« on: Sep 26th, 2003, 10:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was wondering if anyone had this happen.  I had brochitus a few weeks ago.  They gave me the Z-Pack, zithromax.  A week after finishing the Z-Pack, my CH cycle starts up.  It seemed to happen last year, too, or it was really close to it.  Maybe it is just a coincidence.  Probably is, but wanted to get some input from other people.
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: I was a wonderin'...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:10am »

Hmmm.... tough call Tom.
 I would tend to suspect coincidence to a degree. Back when I was episodic my cycles hit every year at the same time and for the same duration.
 This of course caused a lot of stress as that time of year grew closer and closer. Just thinking out loud, I wonder if you might have been more subject to getting sick due to high stress? Just a thought. Then again, there could be something in the medications that are a trigger for you. Have you had to take these meds before and not follow up with a Cluster cycle?
 Now that I'm chronic, I can't keep a log of things I do, eat, weather, etc., like I used to before when I was episodic. But back then, I would be asking the same question. Wish I had an answer, but I tend to lean toward the cycle would come regardless, it's just a bastard in it's ability to hit us so precisely.
 Hope this is a short cycle and you return to pain free days,
 Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Carla_Comiter

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh Man, say it isn't so!  I just finished a Z-Pack on Sunday.  Have been fighting shadows all week.  Took a Zomig this PM.

My cycle ended about 6 weeks ago and it was the first full-blown episode I had had in 12 years.

Oh Man, Please no no no no.

Carla
IP Logged
KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 3:31am »

Zithromax has never caused me any problems.

I have taken it several times in the past
with no CH cause & effect result.

KOP
IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss