Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 11:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « o2 Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jul-Sep 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   o2 Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: o2 Update  (Read 387 times)
CC

Email

o2 Update
« on: Sep 26th, 2003, 10:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well here is the latest saga in my quest for the o2.

Just called my doc today to see what the status was on the o2 after dropping off the reading material for her yesterday. Her secretary told me that she is doing the work of 2 people right now and cannot find the time to look through the paperwork. She also told me that the doc wanted some actual Medical info ont he o2. I said WHAT? That info comes from some of the top neuros around the world and people who actually use the stuff religously. So then i asked her when she thinks she will be able to prescribe the o2 to me and she laughed and said well with the workload i have, probably not untill the better part of next week. Well then i was just too frustrated to deal with it and said Whatever and hung up!

So thats my story, and doesnt look good for getting o2 anytime soon!

I'll keep ya posted!

Be well guys and gals!

And turts if you read this, you stiffed me on chat last night ya bastid! Tongue j/k
IP Logged
drnoe

Email

Re: o2 Update
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 10:14am »

Can you find another, less self-serving doctor?
IP Logged
CC

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 10:17am »

This already Doc #3

The only reason i don't want to leave this one is that she will prescribe my trex without a hassle, and she will recommend me to and neuro i request. i basically make the calls with her. except for the o2 this is the first thing she has givin me a problem with!
IP Logged
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Doctor ignoring a patient's pain has an ethics problem.
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 11:15am »

If she will refer you to any neuro you request, go to the docs page here and find one in your area, and then get your referral asap.  Then get the neuro to give you the O2.  

Use Margi's tactic and say that you need to get in immediately and use the suicide aspect of these headaches.  

Do whatever you have to do to get in right away.  I'd be happy to give her the contact info for Dr. Rappaport, Dr. Bigal, Dr. Sheftell, and Dr. Tepper at the New England Headache Center - all of whom will be happy to provide her with more MEDICAL info on the use of O2 than she could ever read.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 3:27pm »

CC

One step forward and two steps back I guess....dang it!
Being in Canada I imagine its pretty hard to fire a Doc when it may be some time to get a new one. Keep the pressure coming and eventually .........god I hope you get what you need. Tenacity works wonders sometimes, hopefully it'll work for you.

keep on em!
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 6:12pm »

on Sep 26th, 2003, 10:19am, FrankF wrote:
Doctor ignoring a patient's pain has an ethics problem.

As well as a refusal for a treatment known to work...  It is only one piece of paper on the doc's part.  Fill it out completely then ask her if she has the time to at least sign it!  Just make sure the flow/time is on it or the supply company will send it back.

Geeze...   Angry
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss