Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 11:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The beast is back!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jul-Sep 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   The beast is back!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The beast is back!!!!  (Read 356 times)
Kenzie60

Email

The beast is back!!!!
« on: Sep 25th, 2003, 10:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The beast has come back.  I have been pain free since June.  I have been have shadows Kip 3 for the past week and I know it is just going to get worse.  I have been having panic attacks thinking about what is coming.  I have an appointment with the neuro on Tues and I am back on all the meds and have the O2 ready.  I am going to see my GP this afternoon about the panic attacks.  Talk to you later.

Roseanne
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

Re: The beast is back!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 10:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Kenzie......welcome, welcome, welcome.

sorry you are having a rought time of it. Panic attacks happen to me too, unfortunately, I have to take a narcotic med for it ugghh, sometimes makes the HAs worse. The lighter note about it is that it does help with the panic thing, but makes me drowsy and THAT sometimes aggravates things a bit. Glad to hear you got meds and O2............stick around and do what ya gotta to get relief, we're all pullin fer ya.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 10:23am »

Well that just sucks! I can relate to the thoughts of impending doom.  I'm getting ready for my season stomp as well.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

miCHel
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 11:16am »

Hi Kenzie:

This seems like a rotten season for a lot of us.  I've been getting shadows as well during the past week.  Hopefully, it will stay that way and not degenerate.  That is certainly what I am hoping for you too.

Take care!

miCHel
IP Logged

Good one Scotty! Now beam down my clothes...
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 6:06pm »

Been getting hit so hard...I look forward to a damn shadow!   ;D

Hope you're doing ok Roseanne...hang in there!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Kenzie60

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 6:34pm »

Thanks! Roll Eyes  I just got back from my GP and he gave me .25 Xanax for the panic attacks until I can see the neuro on Tues.  I haven't had a Ch above a Kip 5.  But I know that the big ones are coming.  This is how my cycle always starts out.  My neuro also called me back this afternoon and asked if my GP would be willing to do an EKG before I came into the office on Tues so that she can increase the Verapamil.  I am having the EKG on Tues morninig before I go to the neuro.  Wish me luck.

Roseanne Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 6:39pm »

Yo Rosie.....

See _This_ thread:
 http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meetings;act ion=display;num=1063117136

Get thee to Ozzy's on Sat,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 7:13am »

R.
Try Margie's water thingy until Tuesday along with the xanax. Sometimes it helps.

Sorry you're having to come to the prom with the rest of us right now. This morning I'm just shadowing - hope the beast is going away, but wouldn't count on it. I upped my topamax and hope it's taking effect and he'll soon be going on down the road for a while. I've enjoyed about as much of him as I can stand for a while.  

There's just something about this time of year that brings out the worst in "him". Guess he's getting wound up for the winter or something.  

Hang in there sweetie -- we're all here for you.  

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 7:23am »

Sorry to hear it Kenzie, but welcome back and Im glad to make your aquaintance.

Keep strong, take care  
Turts
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 7:28am »

Hang in there, Roseanne Cry this beast likes to drive us crazy....... Cry try to be strong... there are other out there that understand you....

Good luck, Zaira  Undecided  
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 12:55pm »

I'm sorry it's back.  Cry  I know how you feel..the anxiety because you know what's coming. Just remember that you can fight these things because you have treatments available. Try to find some comfort in that.  

Hang in there!
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Kenzie60

Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 3:44pm »

IP Logged
Kenzie60

Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 7:36pm »

I just wanted to thank eveyone for there support.  I am really tying.  As you all know it is not easy.  I have been taking all  my meds and so far they are not working.  The neuro on the phone wants to increase the Verapami, but first she wants me to have and EKG befroe she increases it.(Beter Safe that sorry?)  I am also going to bring up the lithium.  It seems to work for alot of people, with less side effects.  Anyone else had any side effects that I should be aware of?

Roseanne Shocked Shocked Shocked
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 8:23pm »

Roseanne,

I personally have no experience with lithium ,however, Jonny does and he's chronic. The Only thing ,that I can think of, is from a close friend who's wife takes it. It can be a really really bad thing if you miss the dose. He said she literally went insane until her doc gave her dose again and even then it was a couple of days before she was "right" again.......hearsay yes, but from my perspective extremely reliable. He's NEVER lied to me before. Not that kinda guy, no reason to lie.

Good luck!,
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #14 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:34am »

Roseanne:

Get ready.   Are your ready?   OK, here it comes....

ALL MY PAIN FREE GREAT VIBES IT WILL GET BETTER HANG ON GIRL AND WE'RE HERE FOR YOU MAGIC HAS JUST BEEN SHIPPED TO YOU VIA THIS WEBSITE!!!
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:42am »

on Sep 26th, 2003, 7:36pm, Kenzie60 wrote:
The neuro on the phone wants to increase the Verapami, but first she wants me to have and EKG befroe she increases it.(Beter Safe that sorry?)  I am also going to bring up the lithium.  It seems to work for alot of people, with less side effects.  Anyone else had any side effects that I should be aware of?

Roseanne Shocked Shocked Shocked

EKG is not normally required for a dosage increase in verap unless you are complaining of side effects from the dosage you are on already or have some medical history that warrants an EKG.  Either way, do what it takes.  I do not think that the claim that lithium has less side effects would be accurate.  It does, at least, require blood monitoring.

Is there any discussions about abortives?  They are nice to have while you play guinea pig to preventatives and then for any attacks that "break through."

Best wishes to you!
Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss