Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 11:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Myofascial & relief »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Myofascial & relief
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Myofascial & relief  (Read 277 times)
cleon

Email

Myofascial & relief
« on: Apr 19th, 2005, 2:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Been a while since I have posted. Have just come out of my usual 12 week cycle, but this time I have some relief with Myofascial therapy.  The therapy is done with needles, which are inserted into muscle tissue to zap trigger points. The TP's were found in my jaw,(from the ear and down), in the side of the neck, on top and under shoulder muscles and down to the shoulder blades. During my cycle, my attacks went down to  2 a day from 6.  The pressure in my head still remained, but to have only 2 attacks a day was unbelievable.   I believe there are Myofacial clinincs around the world - my therapy was done by a Dr who studies alternate medicine and also by some else who has learnt the same therapy - she was a chronic migrain sufferer for 20 years,following a massive car smash and this therapy has cured her.   It has certainly made a huge diference to my cycle.
The Dr's opinion is that as well as the TP's in my muscles causing severe pain, there is a problem at the base of the skull which interferes with the spinal fluid and hence the pressure buid up in the head - he also has known severe head pain to be related to damamged nerves deep in the elbow area.
I now wear magnetic bands around my elbows and am continuing to have the needles.  
If anyone can advise me how to attach some scanned illistrations to this board for you to look at, I would be greatful
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss