Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 12:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How do shrooms work? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   How do shrooms work?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do shrooms work?  (Read 490 times)
PaulL
New Board Newbie
USA 

How do shrooms work?
« on: Mar 31st, 2005, 11:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's an interesting article from the New Scientist on how Prozac helps with depression.  The key idea is that the chemical gets into the blood stream quickly but it takes three to four weeks to see an effect.  This is because the Prozac induces a secondary chemical that helps the brain regenerate neurons in the hippocampus, a three to four week process.

The reports on shroom therapy have the same thing in common.  It can take two or three doses and several weeks before it becomes fully effective.  Could the psilocybin be inducing some kind of secondary chemical that helps the brain regrow neurons or other cells and heal itself?

http://newton.mec.edu/~zachary_snow/Anatomy%20of%20Despair%20article
IP Logged
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

Re: How do shrooms work?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 12:17pm »

Interesting spot Paul.  I'm currently working on a theory based around this hypothesis, mainly to do with the pineal gland.

Early days yet, but a lot of data is coming together, just need to bounce a few things off Floridian Cool

-Lee
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 1:17pm »

on Mar 31st, 2005, 11:49am, PaulL wrote:
 Could the psilocybin be inducing some kind of secondary chemical that helps the brain regrow neurons or other cells and heal itself?

http://newton.mec.edu/~zachary_snow/Anatomy%20of%20Despair%20article

Thanks very much for the article Paul.
It is possible IMHO that there is some "healing effect" going on. The fact that many people are able to spread out their maintenance doses and still remain cluster free leads me to believe that the dose is doing more than just "maintaining" things. If this was the case, I'd think these people would need to stay on a regular maintenence schedule and not be able to spread them out longer each time.
What confuses the issue a bit is that many people begin to get lighter and further spaced cycles as they get older, even without the shroom treatment. So, it could just be a coincedence but the expanding necessity for a maintenance dose appears for most shroomers and not just us old-timers.
All very interesting with answers somewhere in the future.........as long as the research continues.  Wink

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Flash

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 3rd, 2005, 1:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I used to have to dose every 3 months.  Now 12 years on I can dose every 2 years.  The last time I dosed was April 1993, hopefully I'll set a new record.  I've had 2 phantom episodes since April 1993, both during the past year and both 7 months apart which fits my original cycle.  BUT nothin over a kip 2 and both episodes terminated on their own.
IP Logged
PaulL
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 3rd, 2005, 2:49pm »

on Apr 3rd, 2005, 1:13pm, Flash wrote:
I used to have to dose every 3 months.  Now 12 years on I can dose every 2 years.  The last time I dosed was April 1993, hopefully I'll set a new record.  I've had 2 phantom episodes since April 1993, both during the past year and both 7 months apart which fits my original cycle.  BUT nothin over a kip 2 and both episodes terminated on their own.

I assume that the 1993 is a typo and you really mean 2003?
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yes 2003 was the last time.  1993 was the very first time LOL!
IP Logged
Marta
New Board Junior
England 

ok, what next

headcase
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 10:28am »

OK, what are shrooms?

Marta
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 10:51am »

Shrooms, when put together shide by shide, work to create a Shouse. In between each shroom are shwalls with shdoorways cut out. Inside a shroom you put appropriate shfurniture for its intended use. For example one shroom might be a bedshroom, or a shkitchen, or maybe even a dining shroom, or a bathshroom. They are covered by a shroof that might have shingles covering it. Ideally you would have it surrounded by a beautiful green shlawn with a shdriveway with a sharage to put your shcar in it.
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 10:54am »

LOL, Scott....Marta shrooms are the alternative treatment. Look here for info:

http://www.clusterbusters.com/
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss