Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Being scared? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Being scared?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Being scared?  (Read 351 times)
trisha
New Board Newbie
USA 

Being scared?
« on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Aloha from Maui!  

This is just a weird thing I thought I would share.  Awoke w/the beast at 5am and had my ice cold diet coke can on my face and blowing and blowing my nose and went outside to smoke and I was so upset sitting there staring into space and then these stupid bees that are building nests in my plyboards decided to come out early (usually don' tcome out til light) well they are big bees and I am afraid of them and it kinda buzzed at me.  Consequently scared the crap out of me.  Well I felt the beast drop from a 7/8 to a 4/5.  I was like cool.  5 minutes later goners.  Hmmmm.  Coincedence I am sure but heck I thought it was great.  Anyone else ever had a CH "scared" out of them?

Also, I find that excedrin quick tabs (the melting ones) work the quickest when I am in my "not using imitrex" mode.  I don't have 02 so I just usually suffer em.  But these melt tabs cause they have caffeine I think usually work pretty well.  Anyone else use them?

IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: Being scared?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Adrenaline and other "fight or flight" chemicals can constrict blood vessels.  Fear also stimulates the sympathetic nervous system.  Great if it works - haven't experienced it myself, but not surprised it helps some.  Vigorous exercise can do some of the same things.
IP Logged
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:29pm »

To bad nothing scares me anymore (besides "The evil look" of my wife of course)  Grin

My father has a big garden and one of those tractor lawn mowers and a few bee hives. Sometimes they get upset by the smoke of the tractor and they attack him in his tractor. Be carefull with these critters.  

You may have found a new abortive for you: fear. When you get another nighttime hit, go outside; kick the hives and poof: gone.  Cheesy

Ronny.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
trisha
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:42pm »

LOL!  Thanks for the posts.  I am sitting at work trying to come up with things that could scare me. I could have my husband sneak up behind me and spook me or something.  Who knows.  I have tried all kinds of "home remedies" red bull, cold/hot water, chili pepper up the nose (ouch  Lips Sealed), head in the freezer etc.  I think they are all just diversions to the pain and coincedently they were going away anyway.  

Getting attacked by bees at 3am in my pj's would probably amuse the neighbors and medics should the need arise.  

"but i was trying to get rid of my cluster!"  laugh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss