Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Neti Pot?? Worked for Me!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Neti Pot?? Worked for Me!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Neti Pot?? Worked for Me!!!!  (Read 1856 times)
skiedout
New Board Newbie

Email

Neti Pot?? Worked for Me!!!!
« on: Sep 16th, 2003, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been a cluster suffer since I was 19 years old (10 years of suffering).  I have been able to knock the pain successfully durring an attack with Imitrex...the stuff is God-sent, but expensive!  Understanding this entire time that a cluster headache can be misdiagnosed as a sinus problem, I have ignored any treatments associated with the same.  Well, after 10 years of suffing through mainly the fall months of the year, I had gotten to the point that I am sick of putting up with the pain (even with the relief Imitrex gives), and I now was willing to try ANYTHING to cure the pain once and for all.  

My mother for the past year has been coaxing me to try an actual ancient Chinese secret called Jalaneti or otherwise known as a Neti Pot.  Like I mentioned earlier, I was now willing to try anything, so I decided that it couldn't hurt anything even though I was sure the demonic pain was not related to my sinus.  I tried it, and would you believe...IT'S A MIRACLE!!! I feel as if I have been cured, and have not been happier in the ten years I have been aflicted by clusters.  

The Neti pot is a simple procedure that cleanses the frontal sinus cavities using a light solution of warm salt water.  The pot is filled with the solution, the spout placed up to one nostiril and allowed to flow throught the nasal cavity and out the other nostril.  Then a slight blow through the nose gets rid of some crazy looking stuff. I know, sounds horribly gross, that's why I was persistant with my mother not to even try it, but since first using it a week ago, I have not had one cluster attack (I usually had 1 at night and 1 in the evening), and I can say that I physically and emotionally feel SO MUCH BETTER as well ;D!!!!  

Being a fellow suffer, I know how frustrating it can be for someone to tell you that the pain is coming from a sinus problem, but it's cheap, easy, and it worked for me!  It is very possible that it may not work for everyone, but I can't be more pleased with what it has done for me.  I would hope that this could work for everyone...I feel your pain.  

I would do a search on the internet...I used Google for "Neti Pot".  You should be able to find all of the information you should need.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
LSUnut
New Board Newbie

"Evil will always win because good is dumb!!!"

Email

Re: Neti Pot?? Worked for Me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2003, 11:54am »

This is a standard practice that many ENTs will recommend to their patients, especially after sinus surgery, not just an ancient chinese remedy.  In fact, you can probably go to your local pharmacist and request a kit.  I believe the manufacturer's name is neilmed.  Try searching for it online.  The kit comes with like a months supply of saline packets that are preformulated to be pH balanced and isotonic so that it doesn't burn the sh!! out of your nose.  It's only like ten dollars as well (worth the investment for relief).  I've been using mine, even long after my sinus surgery.  There is also a product called Alkalol, which you will have to ask your pharmacist for.  It looks like a peroxide bottle, but it contains a wonderful mucus solvent.  Neither of these items requires a perscription, you just have to ask your pharmacist because they usually keep them behind the counter.  If you suffer from sinus headaches and CHs or you think your CHs may be in some way triggered by your sinuses, then these two products can be magnificent.  I have to admit, though, the rinse doesn't keep my headaches completely at bay.  I think it may help to decrease the severity, or then again it may just be relieving sinus pressure that makes me feel better.  Good luck!  I hope it continues to work for you. Wink
IP Logged

Whoever said the fear of death is worse than death itself, obviously never suffered from cluster headaches!!!
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2003, 1:58pm »

I saw an ENT dr within the first year of my ch's.  The dr. recomended I try a neti pot.  I did this and it did nothing for my headaches.  My husband uses it alot for his sinus headaches that he gets and swears by it that it works.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2003, 2:19am »

Before I was correctly diagnosed many ENT's passed me around trying to find the link from my sinuses to my headaches. I had my sinuses cannulated, or flushed in the ENT's chair....just my luck I got a nice Kip10 right then and there. I wound up vomiting up the saline flush....and getting passed to another doctor.

It was another 5 years or so before my Neuro got it right, and we still have not found the magic bullet to prevent them. Imitrex works 90% of the time...it's the 10% that still sucks!

If you find something to gain relief by all means keep it up, and thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Stranger things have been tried, thats for sure!

PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss