Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 7:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Prednisone Treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Prednisone Treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prednisone Treatment  (Read 419 times)
MoGuy32
New Board Newbie

Maybe a BEER will make the pain go away...

Prednisone Treatment
« on: Sep 5th, 2003, 10:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just wanted to let fellow "clusterheads" know that I recently went through an episodic bout from around August 1 until the 21.  I tried some samples of Vioxx and Celebrex from my doctor to alleviate the pain of the headaches, but it worked only temporarily.  Then, I discovered this website on an internet search to see if I could find a successful treatment for these dreadful headaches, and I found the section of this website devoted to different medications.  I tried the Prednisone regiment that was described in length, and I followed it to the letter.  My doctor prescribed 80 mg a day to be taken in 2 separate doses of 40 mg about 10-12 hours apart.  I followed this dosage for 7 days, then the doses went to 20 mg twice daily for three days, followed by 10 mg twice daily for three days, then stop taking the medicine.  IT WORKED!!!!!!!!  Better than anything else I have tried, so I hope it will work for others.  Fortunately, my episodes occur about once every couple of years for about a month at a time, but I have read some of the horror stories some of you have to tell.  I feel lucky, and wanted to share my good fortune regarding the prednisone.
IP Logged
surfshi
New Board Junior

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!

Email

Re: Prednisone Treatment
« Reply #1 on: Sep 6th, 2003, 1:26am »

Kissyae.. glad to hear that the prednisone worked for you... I have used prednisone for about ten years now... one thing to watch for I may add is to follow your Doctors directions exactly of the amount and the taper scale... Prednisone can cause some unwanted side effects in addition to the ones listed , when the directions are not followed to a tea...Surfshi[color=Purple][/color]TEXT
TEXT
IP Logged
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #2 on: Sep 6th, 2003, 8:40am »

Good to read it worked Mo ;D

thanks for sharing!
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
wayner57
New Board Newbie

Another site newbe!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2003, 11:09am »

When my sansert didn't seem to work, my neuroligst also prescribed Prednisone, it was supposed to help the sansert work, it was really hard to tell if it helped or the sansert just started to work on its own. But when i'm in a CH period and start taking sansert, I know if its not working after a week, I will get the Prednisone as well to use.
IP Logged

Have danced with the demon for 12 years!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss