Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 9:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tell me what works, PLEASE!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tell me what works, PLEASE!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tell me what works, PLEASE!!  (Read 755 times)
HypnoticFreddy

Email

Re: Tell me what works, PLEASE!!
« Reply #25 on: Jul 10th, 2003, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Imitrex injections are successful for me. But so gosh darng expensive. I stayed on 240 mg of Verapamil for 2 years. Clusters came back with a vengeance after beginning pyschotropic medication (due to other issues....oh issues). Verapamil....no longer successful as maint. med. But for many, I agree a first line-defense against CHs is without doubt Verapamil.  

There are anti-convulsants, anti-seizure, mood stablizers, etc. out there. I think it is incurable and will always come back. At least for me. I am 30 and have had 3 "episodes", each one lasting longer than the previous episode since I was 25.  

Medicated or not, they come back. Then you have to play the games with the nuerologists. Try this, try that, try this, try that. I am quite tolerant to medication, so I never suffer/worry about side effects, except Prednisone (which gave me awful dreams and feverlike syndromes). But that's just me. It's an awful game to play.

I was treated with oxygen last summer during my 4 month chronic bout. My apartment looked like a nursing home. I had 3 different size tanks, and they were on carts. It's not too good if you're single and want to date!I liked to suck down the oxygen before a tennis match, but for headaches.....no, I did not get relief. When I went to the ER last year, I begged for relief. It was the morning after a series of about six CHs over the previous night. They unfortunately, gave me Roxicet (oxycodone/acetominophen), and then a prescription, and then..........boy it gets real rocky after that. Narcotics are not really good for CHs. I recommend people stay away from them for CH treatment. I know.  
         -HypermanicFreddy
IP Logged
TracyS.
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Tell me what works, PLEASE!!
« Reply #26 on: Jul 11th, 2003, 8:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wow I am sorry to hear about all the problems. I pray things will get better for you. I have wondered about some of the issues you have brought up. Thanks for the insight. I hope the verapamil will be a get me by until my cycle should be done. Right now it seems to be Spring Summer yearly I pray it never goes more. I want to be careful as to not push it into more, esp. with meds.  Senidng PF vibes to us all! Thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss