Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need Help with 'Shrooms' ~ pls »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need Help with 'Shrooms' ~ pls
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need Help with 'Shrooms' ~ pls  (Read 545 times)
Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Need Help with 'Shrooms' ~ pls
« on: Mar 30th, 2003, 8:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was going to try doing my own last cycle.  The process seems so intimidating.....  I am so desparate, I am only in the 1st week of this cycle and they are hitting hard.  Can someone help me out or tell me the 'easy' (if there is such a thing) to go about getting some?  Or do I have to build a lab in my house and grow them?  Call me stupid, but everything I've read about seems so overwhelming.  THANK YOU!!!! Wendy
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Need Help with 'Shrooms' ~ pls
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 9:10am »

Here's a few links that may get you started in your reasearch.

Click on these  

http://home.attbi.com/~rwold350/index.html
‘schroom web site from PinkFloyd

http://clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/82778.html
discussion thread on the good and bad of ‘schroom use for clusters

http://clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/91050.html
pinksharkmark 5-7-01 “meds and mushrooms” drugs to avoid with schrooms

http://clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/82900.html
pinksharkmark (3-16-01 Hallucinogenic research)  
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
amber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 11:21am »

Wendy1,

It's not as hard as it sounds, it's just that growing them has to done carefully so that you don't get mold or whatever on the shrooms.  The instructions often sound tough but really aren't that bad ...the ppl writing them are just thorough so as to avoid these types of problems.

Check out the pages that BobG mentioned.  The first one is a great place to start.  Then if you still need help, contact a shroomer to walk you through growing them.  It takes a while to grow though, and I don't know how long you are going to be in cycle for.  

I wouldn't advise buying them off the street or anything.  You never know what they are laced with.

take care and good luck
amber
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 3:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The 2000 line insturctions that you see for goring your own shrooms could easily be condensed down to about 20 lines.  The reason they are so long and complicated looking is that they go into everything down to the nth degree.  It's like:

327a - take lid off box
327b - all the way off
327c - add soil
327d - all the soil

328a - pick up syring and hold between finger and thumb.
328b - try not to drop the syringe
328c - if you dropped the syringe then goto 412c
328d - press the round bit at the end of the syringe the 'plunger', see 564 for full description og suitable plunger mechanisms)...

blah blah blah

Just get all the shit together and follow it through one step at a time, to the letter.  Each step takes about 0.2 secs to execute.

Kids in kindergarden grow mushrooms (OK not these in particular) for projects.  As we say in Aberdeen "It's a doddle!".  

Flash
IP Logged
michaelc
New Board Junior

Surrender to the Strangeness

just+ask+me+:)  

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 5:15am »

Well this is BAD advice ... but if you are REALLY suffering,
there are 2 other ways other than growing them ...

1. Drive to the south and pick some.
Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Florida all produce literally 1000's of TONS of free mushrooms every spring/early summer.
 They grow in Cow dung, lol. So go to a small field/farm (larger ones use fungicide in the feed) preferably at sunrise after a humid or rainy night.  
Bring a dozen COLOR photos of Stropharia Cubensis and someone who has picked them before to avoid mis-identification.
ONLY problem? They are illegal, so once you pick it, it's contraband and you then need to get them somewhere to dry them.  They will not be quite as strong as the "gourmet" varieties you get thru mail order.

ALSO - "wild" mushrooms should always be boiled before consumption - there is a possibility of e-coli infection from the cow patty. It's very rare, but i have seen it happen. So wash em, dry em and when ingesting boil the tea for a minute or so.

ONE GOOD, SAFE IDEA is to pick the mushrooms, get them somewhere quick, boil them into a mush and JUST FREEZE it into a Food container, lol. It's just some of "DAD's Mushroom and eggplant sauce" lol.
I dont think you'd ever be suspected of anything if it was in a cooked down, frozen form in a cooler w/ some frozen corn, lol.

way to get em #2,
Ask Around .......
Mushrooms are available from "illigetimate" sources in every major metropolitan city in the usa.  If you know or have kids that know any "hippie" or "raver" kids, then just ask around. Someone will get you some. Research indicates a going price of about 50$ for 7.5 grams.

If Phish, the grateful dead, widespread panic or Glalctic are playing in your area - they tour around and dozens of hippie kids follow them, many funding their travels by selling mushrooms (and other more unsavory substances.  Sad  )  This is a dangerous scene because the police know exactly what is happening at these shows.

MAPS sponsors a program to purchase and chemically analyze drug samples from the "street" and clubs in the USA in order to monitor trends in drug purity and health risks. NONE of the mushroom samples have been 'spiked', though one was the store-bought variety dried. BUT, on the other hand, a good 85% of the ECSTACY was either laced with various things or not even ecstacy at all. Very, very dangerous.
from 15 years of personal monitoring I can attest that "street" mushrooms are 95% safe, because the customers are educated & can generally tell if they are real (they have a very distinctive look & smell), & if they are real there is no need to "spike" them with anything. College kids buy mushrooms, crack heads do not, so it's a Totally different circuit.
Psychedelics users and distributors generally have a MUCH higher code of Ethics to their 'business' than those involved with other more addictive and less intellectually oriented drugs.  
I have never ever heard of anyone buying tainted mushrooms ....  i have heard of people buying some that were real but too old to be effective, but mostly i hear people say they were real, fresh and just about launched their brains out of their skulls by taking too many before testing the strength.(duh, lol)

so ... there are a couple of options. I think picking them yourself is the best way - but the ones I am using for this cycle were obtained at a local club.  

discalimer: this post is for informational purposes only, any similarity to real people or events is entirely fictional.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2003, 11:48pm by michaelc » IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 9:51pm »

Sorry folks, I need to stress this point.  Potentially the single biggest mistake you can make is to consume a poisonous mushroom.  So, before anyone goes picking, they better make damn well sure they know what they're picking.  Poisonous mushrooms have the potential to shut down your kidneys and liver causing an exquisitely unpleasant death.
Sorry, just a friendly reminder.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Flash

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 1st, 2003, 4:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It is very hard to tell certain species of mushrooms apart.  One reason for this is that there can be a lot of variation between samples from a single species, in terms of size, colour, shape, weight...  In the UK we are lucky because the main hallucinogenic species - Liberty Cap - does not resemble anything particularily toxic.  It does however resemble other species and it is easy to become confused.

In other countries such as the US the situation is more dangerous because the main hallucinogenic species are relatively indistinct.  There is a significant risk of mistaking them with toxic mushroom.  There is also the danger that the person selling you mushrooms may have made a mistake...

My take on this is:

1) Growing your own is both easy and safe.  The people supplying the spores know exactly what they are doing.  Even so I'd still encourage everyone to make a positive identification once the shrooms are ready to be harvested.

2) If you gather wild shrooms then perform every step in the identification process, and only select shrooms that are a perfect match.  This will mean disregarding shrooms that may be the correct species but it's safest to exercise extreme caution.

3) If you purchase shrooms from a dealer, then try and find someone that is older, knowlegable, and that is easily located (as opposed to someone that you may never see again - comeback = less likely to do harm).  Best of all find someone that is known to you or a friend, someone that you can trust.

4) Even safer is to purchase LSD.  A couple of important points though...  

a) Only purchase 'paper tab' acid.  This comes in sheets of thin paper card with serations that separate into little 5mm (or 1/4 inch) square 'tabs'.  Each tab is coated with a full hit of LSD (in theory at least).  For treatment purposes cut the tab into quarters with small sharp scissors.  If you have access to a UV light then hold the tab under it first and the LSD will show up as a glwoing spot.  This enables you to judge exactly where to quarter the tab.  Each quarter piece will be very small, like 1/8th of an inch or a couple of mm square.

b) LSD is effective against CH in tiny doses like 50mcg.  That's 0.050mg.  The normal dose for paracetomal is 1000mg.  See what I mean?  The only substances toxic at doses of 50mcg are nerve agents, and the chances of anyone dripping nerve agent onto acid tabs (and living to tell the tale) is close to absolute zero.  Aside from nerve agents there does not exist a poison that can har, a human being in a quantity small enough to coat 1 side of a 1/43inch square of thin cardboard.

c) LSD is very cheap.  1 tab is enough for 4 doses and the tab will cost something like £5 or $7.  It is very easy to conceal and there is little chance of being busted.  

d) It is esential that the tab is in good condition, and that you keep it that way.  Keep it cool and dry and away from direct light.

e) A 1/4 tab of LSD is extremely safe to consume.  LSD is less toxic than caffiene, nictotene, aspirin, paracetomal, all CH mediciation (except O2).  LSD is only slightly more toxic than vitamin A.  There are no known deaths from LSD poisoning.  There are only 4 recorded deaths where LSD was an indirect factor and all of those were from people swimming whilst under high doses - they drowned (this is common with alchohol).  The jumping out of windows thing is an urban myth, and that is easily confirmed with some light net surfing.  If anyone ever jumped out of a window directly due to drug intoxication then it was due to PCP, and entirely different substance.

f) a 1/4 tab of LSD will produce little in the way of noticable side effects - at worst a mild and extremely pleasant buzz.  Like shrooms LSD is classified as a counter-addicitive drug.  This means that not only is it impossible to become addited to LSD, it has also been demonstrated to help people break other addictions (there is on going research in this area).

So my advice is grow your own - although wild gathering is reasonably safe for novices in the UK.  Failing that it is safer to buy paper tab acid on the street than to purchase shrooms.

Please note that I have used LSD to prevent 4 episodes, and shrooms to prevent many more.  Both are equally effective.

Flash

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss