Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 5:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « novicaine injection? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   novicaine injection?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: novicaine injection?  (Read 386 times)
Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

mufon member looking for serious ufo/alien stories

ufo_guy1  
Email

novicaine injection?
« on: Mar 28th, 2003, 10:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i just got back from the doc where i had an injection of novicaine/cortizone in the base of my skull. has anyone else had this? does it work? aparently a neuro in austriala (sp) discovered this as a way to stop the current chs cycle and block the pain for up to 3 weeks at a time. if any one else has had sucess with this, please let me know! untill then, im keeping my fingers crossed. ---N
IP Logged

field investigator for mufon(mutiual ufo network) looking for serious people only to share their stories with me. total anominity promised. chs and alien abduction may be related.
Ueli

Email

Re: novicaine injection?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 12:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nathan. I'm no doctor, and I never played one on TV  Wink,  but from what I have picked up:
In the back of the skull, near the surface, are the occipital ganglions, where the optical nerves enter the brain (the rear most part of the brain processes what we see).  The occipital nerve has a close connection to the trigeminal nerve, involved in CH.
Therefore, manipulating the occipital ganglion there may be benefits in treating CH.  
The way you are taking about is numbing the ganglion with an anesthetic (novocaine).
Dr. Dodick, of the Mayo clinic in Scottdale, is working on an electric stimulation in the same spot. He has archived some spectacular success. His method has been mentioned several times on this MB.
Finally, I have been a Guinea pig in a CH related research (psssst, it's still secret) were the blink reflex time was measured, before and after numbing the optical ganglion.

If my description is not correct, I'm sure sublux will correct me, after all, he earns (or sucks?) his bread and butter by messing around with the nerves in the base of the scull.   ;D

PFNADs
Ueli
IP Logged
Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

ufo_guy1  
Email

occipital ganglion
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 8:15am »

........occipital ganglions, where the optical nerves enter the brain (the rear most part of the brain processes what we see).  The occipital nerve has a close connection to the trigeminal nerve, involved in CH.......

Ueli,  
you got it right, thats the nerve i was talking about and thats exctally what they did. only problem is... it didnt work. about 2 hours after i got home i had an attack of about 4 clusters, all ranging about 4 to 8 and olasting about 2 hours total. oh well, it was worth a shot. (pun intended).  
    what intrest me is what you said about the nerve processing everything we see and it having a connection to chs. i have a visual disturbance that the docs cant pinpoint. some say it is an aura to the chs (even though we all know chs is NOT a migrane) some have said it is partial seizures, and one quack even told me it was from the one hit of acid i took in my life time.    
   Does anyone else have this problem? i describe it as "altered vision" or a "kiledascope effect" in which what ever your looking at just doesnt make since and sometimes feels like your seeing multiple images. Would this be related to the optical nerve? somebody throw me a bone here, i got too many questions and ZERO answers! ---N
IP Logged

field investigator for mufon(mutiual ufo network) looking for serious people only to share their stories with me. total anominity promised. chs and alien abduction may be related.
terrylch
New Board Newbie

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 8:50am »

Ueli,
    This sounds like you are putting a plug in for chiropractors.  

Quote:
Therefore, manipulating the occipital ganglion there may be benefits in treating CH.  

Subluxationskill  will be pleased.

amazing
IP Logged

terry
Ueli

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 11:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

terrylch,
why don't you shut the fuck up when grown ups talk?

The occipital ganglion is in the skull and chiropractors manipulate the spine, so where is the connection?

Do you get a few $$$ for every time you post a  yahoo for a quack? Do you feel it is your duty to plug all the time chiropractic treatment,  many time proven as useless against CH?

Annoying.

IP Logged
terrylch
New Board Newbie

« Reply #5 on: Apr 1st, 2003, 12:27am »

Ueli,
    I think you (think you) know so much you are a danger to finding a simple solution to CH.  So you know how to cut and paste.  Anything simple is not in your vocabulary.  I don't think a pain below your cheek bone makes you an expert on CH.   I don't even think you have CH.  There is a quiz on this board that helps you to determine if you have CH.  Have you tried NUMZIT on your tooth???
    I was not plugging chiropractors.  I haven't been to a chiropractor in my life.  I just want to hear what they have to say.  This should be an information site.  Not a censored site.  At least not censored by you.
IP Logged

terry
Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

ufo_guy1  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 1st, 2003, 7:49am »

Wow. you ask a simple question and a fight breaks out! i think i can settle this real quick. i have been to a chiropractor, not for my chs but he did try to adjust my neck because he thought it would "cure" me. (i just didnt have the heart to tell him it wouldnt). bottom line, if a chiropractor can make you feel better you dont have chs, period. there are several headaches that have similar symptoms of chs ... stress headache, sinus and yes, even a toothache if its bad enough. i agree, this is an information site (and sometimes a good place to vent) but i think we should be venting about our problems, not at each other. we are after all, in this together.

now, if its alright with everybody, can i get an answer on my previous post about visual disturbances????
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss