Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2024, 7:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Got a question... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Got a question...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got a question...  (Read 528 times)
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

Got a question...
« on: Mar 20th, 2003, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has there ever been any significant findings where CH sufferers are also gential herpe sufferers?

Thought I read about this somewhere?

Can anyone help me find it again? Roll Eyes
IP Logged

I'm on a train, but there's no one at the helm.
And there's a demon in my brain starts to overwhelm. And there it goes, my last chance for peace. I lay me down, but get no release...
(3b)
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

Re: Got a question...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2003, 8:11pm »

Or it may have been something i read about herpe medication working on some CH sufferers?
IP Logged

And there's a demon in my brain starts to overwhelm. And there it goes, my last chance for peace. I lay me down, but get no release...
(3b)
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 2:30am »

I do not know if it is related but my last cycle last year was preceded by a rather nasty case of  shingles, ( Herpes Zoster ) which then kicked into one the worst and longest cycles I have had since my twenties. Top it off with a major sinus infection and I did not have a good fall. Better times this year...I hope!
Archives

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/40139.html

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/40163.html

PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
ave

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 7:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Never had anything like it, Kimmy.
But - I think I remember something about herpes meds working for somebody. If you know herpes meds names you might want to search on that.

My grandma (not the one with the daily headaches) once had shingles and her doctor told her to drink dark beer! She did too.
He said it was 'cause of the yeast... Might as well try Vitamin B in a pill if you are a clusterhead. Beer!
IP Logged
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 8:21am »

I have never had genital herpes, however it IS common for the male CH sufferer to have an enormous ...
   Are cold sores a strain of the herpes virus? I seem to get those a lot.
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 9:02am »

on Mar 21st, 2003, 8:21am, CJohnson wrote:
  I have never had genital herpes, however it IS common for the male CH sufferer to have an enormous ...
   Are cold sores a strain of the herpes virus? I seem to get those a lot.
-Curtis

Big hands and big feet.....you know what that means.......big shoes and gloves! Back on topic....yes about cold sores. Click here for more information.

PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
amber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 2:41pm »

CJohnson,

Unfortunately yes, Cold Sores are usually Herpes Simplex 1.  Herpes Simplex 2 usually shows up on the genitals, but they can show up on either area.  Nowadays docs don't even bother checking which strain you have, but if in fact you have cold sores, that means herpes.  

Amber
IP Logged
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 3:07pm »

Anybody want a drink of my Mountain Dew?

More importantly, is there any real evidence to refute or suggest a correlation between them?

Even more importantly, hasn't just about everybody had a cold sore at one time or another? Does that mean Just about everybody has herpes?
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 5:32pm »

I have never had a cold sore or herpes of any kind.  I think it varies amoungst the individual and is not a constant in ch.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Cory
New Board Newbie

You're so $$$

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 5:51pm »

I have never had cold sores or herpes either...

Just my two cents,

C
IP Logged
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 7:06pm »

Thanks for ur input u guys...

i have to say...some of u guys have a great sense of humor!

but, i need something to stop my Ch's. as far as my docs are concerned, it's hormonal...and i say BULLSHIT. the types of headaches i get start in my face and quickly move to teeth, then back of nose, eye, temple, entire left side of head then down left side of neck. If it wasnt for Zomig to rid of these, i would not be here today.  Now, i am looking for preventative...

i know, i read somewhere about this and i am searching any alternatives to stop this pain. Doctors SUCK!  

I am looking for any possible way out. Please help.

Thanks for u r input. Would appreciate something substancial though!

KimmyV
IP Logged

(3b)
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 7:10pm »

Ave,

thanks. did look up med names...and nothing from this website.

think i may have seen it somewhere when i was searching another facial pain web site...

will go back there...thanks.

KV
IP Logged

(3b)
WendyHowe

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bloody doctors. It seems very common for doctors to blame hormones for women's CH. For me it is a factor in migraine but NOT CH.
If you definitely have Ch, don't let them prescribe Pizotifen as a preventative- it is good apparently for migraine but I found it useless for CH, just made me feel shit when awake and didn't stop the headaches at all.
Verapamil seems the best choice.

r.e. the Herpes. I think some colossal percentage of the population now carries herpes in some form, whether oral, genital or shingles. It is therefore very likely but probably utterly meaningless that CH sufferers have the herpes virus in them too.
IP Logged
amber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Mar 21st, 2003, 10:27pm »

hmmm

I don't have herpes in any form and still have clusters and probably cervicogenic headaches (seems now to be a mix of both).

I know the stupidity of some doctors blaming hormones for us gals.  It's old-time sexist thinking.  If in fact clusters are a different beast than migraines, which I believe the docs have proven, that they start somewhere else and are caused by a different mechanism, blaming them on are female hormones just doesn't make sense, considering that mostly men get them anyways.

Kimmy, can you get another opinion?  It sounds to me like you aren't entirely happy with their opinion, and to be honest, I'm not entirely happy with their opinion either.  Keep seeing them for drugs and get your gp to refer you to another highly recommended neuro just for a second opinion or third if you haven't already.

Have you looked into the shroom therapy?  It might be something you want to consider if the drugs aren't working.  Just a thought.  

take care
pfdans
amber
IP Logged
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 22nd, 2003, 2:21pm »

of course i looked into shroom therapy...began to research...but, honestly wouldn't know where to begin. Being i am a horrible cultavist and all....i'd probly kill them before they begin to sprout...would have to do alot more research on subject also.

I figure its worth a try...where do i start?
IP Logged

(3b)
amber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #15 on: Mar 22nd, 2003, 3:12pm »

Kimmy

I'll write you privately so that you have all the info you need....be ready Wink

Amber
IP Logged
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 23rd, 2003, 9:50am »

Thanks to all for ur input, and amber thanks for your mail...i did write you back...keep a lookout. Shocked

Kim
IP Logged

(3b)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss