Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 7:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « shroom therapy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   shroom therapy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: shroom therapy  (Read 716 times)
mfqb19
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

shroom therapy
« on: Mar 15th, 2003, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just completed my first shroom therapy and am extremely nauseated from it.  This is the only effect I have  felt and I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: shroom therapy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15th, 2003, 8:39pm »

It is common to experience nausea with eating shrooms.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15th, 2003, 10:06pm »

PUKE!!!!

Smiley  but it worked!

Do the TEA...you've read the fungus FAQ?
I heard the tea helps the tummy troubles.
Good luck, hope it works for you!
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2003, 7:47am »

mfqb...

Lots of folks get some nausea from ingesting shrooms. Not as many get extreme nausea...it's usually fairly mild and short-lived. And as Mast said, using the tea recipe helps avoid the stomach upset. Anyway, even if you don't keep them down, some of the active ingredients will get in your system.

Please let us know how things went.  Any psychedelic effects?
Were/are you taking any other medications? Any attacks or shadows since? How do the attacks comnpare to the usual?

And tell us a little of your cluster background...chronic or episodic? Severity? How long have you had them? Other treatments tried? Tell us anything you can think of without breaking confidentiality.

We're just a bunch of nosy bastards that want to poke into your business.... No really, just kidding. Detailed reports really helps us see how this treatment works, and more importantly, how and when it doesn't work.

You say you "just completed the shroom therapy." By that I assume you meant you just ingested some shrooms.  If so, good morning! How'd it go?  

Unless there is no sign of headaches after one dose, at least two doses (at leats four days apart) are needed for therapy. Some times three or four. Some chronics with stubborn cases must dose weekly or every two weeks for months.

Thanks for reporting!

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Flash

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18th, 2003, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shrooms are a medicine (be that without legal sanction).

Shrooms are no a miracle.

Medicines are typically taken at a certain dose and frequency over a set period of time.  This is true of shrooms.

Miracles are something that (usually) works instantly and permanently.  

Shrooms are a very powerful medicine.  It is easy to mistake shrooms for a miracle.

Some people have written words to the effect of "I tried shrooms a whole 8 times and they didn't work!!!  Goddamn!"

Substitute the word shrooms for verapamil and you can quickly see how nonsensical such a statement is.

Because shrooms are not legally or medically (officially at least) sanctioned people give them less of a chance.  Another recent post to this board recites how a chronic dosed 4 times with shrooms recieving substantial periods of relief (3 weeks at a time), then switched to 34 botulism injections...  I'm not getting at that person - I don't entirely enjoy the side effects of shrooms either (I crap it every time), but it illustrates how when a doctor prescribes something the sufferer will stick with it till the death.  

Imagine you are prescibed a certain class of drug and the first drug in the selected class is tried several times but proves ineffective.  What course of action would your doctor take?  Most likely he would prescribe an alternative drug from the same class.  Shrooms are from the class known as psycedelic or hallucinogenic.  There are other very similar drugs in this same class - LSD, LSA, Mescaline, DMT, Ibugraine...  There are also many different species of hallucinogenic mushroom, and they all have slightly different perceivable effects.  Therefore trying a couple of doses of a single mushroom species and then giving up is bullshit.

In addition we know exactly the ideal circumstances under which to apply this type of therapy.  Many, many people ignore these and then cry that it didn't work.  You cannot just go out and purchase a perfect dose of shrooms over the counter.  They must be treated with care and respect and ingested under the best possible circumstances.

Those of us that take time and effort over this treatment, and that respect it for what it is, receive consistent long lasting remissions with the minimum of fuss.

Even taking into account all the botched, half assed attempts that have been undertaken, nothing and I mean NOTHING else has a record anything like as good as shrooms.  Don't believe me - OK look through all the posts on shrooms and add up the approx total number of doses taken by everybody.  Next add up the total number remissions achieved.  Divide the number of remissions by the number of doses.

Try finding another drug that consistantly achieves remission to any degree.  Some people complain their shrooms remission was only 2 weeks for every dose...  Jeez what so you mean ONLY 2 weeks???  The active ingredient in shrooms is present in very small quantities.  A fraction of that found in any other medicine used to treat CH (with the possible exception of methysergide).  Name any other medicine where a single dose of 60mcg can bring about 2 weeks of remission) let alone 12 months.  Name any other medicine where a single dose results in 2 weeks remission full stop (apart from a bullet to the brain).

So now divide the total remissions of 5 or more days by the total approx mcg's of psilocybin ingested.  Compare this with any other medicine.

Now multiply out the total remission time achieved by shrooms (or as near as you can guess it to be) and divide that by the number of mcg's ingested in total.

Don't ask me what the results are.  I'm just trying to illustrate the approx success rate per mcg ingested.

In fact I hereby create the Flash rating.  The Flash rating for a drug is based on the total remission time in days divided by the total number of mcg's (note micrograms as opposed to milligrams - mcg is smaller unit by a factor of 1000) ingested.  It's easy to see that the flash rating for hallucinogens is way superior to anything else, by a huge factor.  Can anyone come up with a more reliable and objective score than the Flash rating?  Fuck change it to years per kilo if ya want - it still works out the same.

No - lets settle this.  Lets make it hours per gram - that's pretty fair.  Now I'll even let you use the dried weight of mushrooms as opposed to the active ingredient.  A typical remission period is 1 month (in fact it's probably much higher since people like me that go 12 months at a time would skew the results up).  SO that's 30 days x 24 hours = 720 hours, divided by 2gs of dried shrooms.  Therefore typical FLASH rating is 360.

So lets try the same for Imitrex... hmmm 4 hours / 0.4g = ooops only a FLASH score of 8.  Hmmm.  So how about someone that gets relief from verapamil at 200mg per day.  That equates to 24/0.2=120.  Better but still shite, and look at the side effects.  What about me using LSD.  Well 8760/0.00006=146 000 000 or a FLASH score of 146 million.

Get the picture yet?

Try it with any drug for any condition.  The only thing that manages a decent score this side of hallucinogens is Zantac for indigestion.

See ya!

Flash

IP Logged
mfqb19
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2003, 6:30pm »

Hey Flash,
   Thanks for the confidence booster. Since doing your tea recipe on Saturday I had a nasty day on Sunday with a Kip score of about a 9 followed by two days of shadow headaches. I am going to wait the full five days and take another dose. I have been doing the therapy in conjunction with a friend named Geoff who you helped approximately three years ago. He has been cluster free since his second dose at that time. Thanks again for your support and I'll keep you informed.
Marc
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss