Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2024, 7:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Going to Headache clinic...Can anyone help me? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Going to Headache clinic...Can anyone help me?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Going to Headache clinic...Can anyone help me?  (Read 546 times)
benontap
New Board Newbie

Email

Going to Headache clinic...Can anyone help me?
« on: Mar 11th, 2003, 9:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all, new to the board here, benn a sufferer for about 2 years now.  My neurologists has tried everything to break this cycle, but nothing is working.  Tried Topomax, Sansert, Prednisone, Lithium and o2.  I have tried Stadol, but don't care too much for it.  He has finally given up and sending me to a headace/pain management clinic in KC, KS.  I was just curious what they can do/try that he hasn't.  I'm really hoping something else is out there, but pretty nervous about going to one of these clinics.  Can anyone tell me what to expect?  
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2003, 12:06pm by benontap » IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: Going to Headache clinic...Can anyone help me?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2003, 3:26pm »

Welcome benotap!
You asked about headache clinics. Mopar's experience was not good - the clinician did not understand the nature of CH and wanted him to go off all meds and wait until he got hit, then drive for an hour to see him. This was not possible, of course, so he didn't bother to try this.  
However you really have nothing to lose seeing these people and you might just get a good result! I would suggest that you print some of the info relating to the pain and CH that is on this site and OUCH and take that with you. Print whatever is relevant in your case and do not permit the clinician to invalidate your claims. Try to be calm when you arrive and establish some kind of human bond with him/her. Good luck.
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
cbolony
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2003, 4:18pm »

Only been to a head clinic for the cluster trials which did not work.My first neuro told me to find a neuro that can help me because he can't after 8 months with him.Right
now i'am on verapamil 480mg a day and imitrex injection
and 02.my cycles last 6-8 wks get 3-4 cycles a year.Read
as much as you can here so when you see the neuro you will see if he knows anything about ch.Make sure you ask a lot of question to him or her
IP Logged
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2003, 7:33pm »

I guess I was lucky I have been goinng to a headache
clinic at Tampa General hospital in Tampa, Fla. have had real good results. I have two doctors there that are really up on ch's, in fact both are very current in what is going on in OUCH and at this very minute are in Spain  
meeting with top doctors from OUCH and others in the field of CH's. They both have been very compassient with me and very caring. If you have a chance to go to a clinic like this run don't walk. Good Luck and let me know how things work out. By the way I am on 640 mil.
aday of verapmil and it seems to be working also have imitix in case of a bad one that 02 or zomig doesn't work. I am chronic so I have to stay on meds all the time
tried to lower verapmil but have to stay on high dosage.
 Again good luck     Smiley Let me know how things go   Smiley
Have been pain free for 1 week and sleeping at night  Smiley

Mustang

"Mustang Sally is smiling for the first time in a long
 time "
IP Logged
subluxationskill
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2003, 12:01am »

benotap,
Dont give up there are answers out there. From what i read it appears to me that you have stuck to conventional approaches. I am an upper cervical chiropractor and I see people all the time with severe headaches. Migraines tension, cluster and most do very well. Now when i say upper cervical specific this is a specialized form of chiropractic. It is not "rackem crackem" type quakery. It scientifically based and the corrections are gentle and quick. It produces fantastics results. i urge you to look at this site to do a little reading yourself www.erinelster.com  or www.uppercervical.org  
You can e-mail at subluxationskill@hotmail.com also if you want to ask anymore questions. I am confident if you get to one of these docs you will do better. There are only about 300 in the nation that do this procedure. I believe there is one in kansas city. anyway good luck
Drew
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13th, 2003, 11:34pm »

Cracker,

I've taken the time to review the web sites you list and I can't seem to find one mention of cluster headaches.  Did I miss it somehow?

I did find that :"Your feet may hurt or you may be having kidney problems, but the cause of the problem may not be in those areas at all, but in your neck where a misaligned atlas is restricting or distorting proper nerve flow to areas throughout the body."

I also find that your procedure helps:
Allergies
Arm Pain
Asthma
Athletic Injuries
Attention Deficit
Disorder
Back Pain
Bed Wetting
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cerebral Palsy
Child Developmental
Problems
Chronic Fatigue Chronic Infections
Chronic Pain
Constipation
Depression
Diabetes
Digestive Problems
Dizziness
Dyslexia
Dystonia
Ear Infections
Epileptic Seizures
Eye Infections
Female Disorders
Fever
Fibromyalgia
Flu Symptoms
Frequent Colds
Hay Fever
Headaches
Heart Conditions
Herniated Disks
High Blood Pressure
Hip Pain
Hyperactivity
Immune System Deficiency
Indigestion
Infertility
Knee Problems
Learning Disability
Leg Pain
Loss of Sleep
Low Back Pain
Migraine Headaches
Multiple Sclerosis
Muscle Spasms
Neck Pain
Nervousness
Neuralgia
Neuritis
Neuropathy
Numbness & Tingling  
in Limbs
Organ Dysfunction
Parkinson's Disease
Poor Vision
Post-polio
Problems from car/  
sports/slip/fall accidents
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Scoliosis (how the heck does it help curvature of the spine?)
Shoulder Pain
Sinus Problems
Sleeping Disorders
Spasmodic Disorders
Stiffness
Tendonitis
Tight Muscles
T.M.J. Syndrome
Torticullis
Trigeminal Neuralgia
Whiplash
And countless more. . .

My friend hub is particularly excited about the bed wetting and constipation cures.

Take a hike dude.  This is right up there with Doc Farouke who could cure what troubles us.

One last question for you.  Can you explain to us what a cluster headache is?
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2003, 11:36pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss