Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 4th, 2024, 6:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Advice on Meds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Advice on Meds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Advice on Meds  (Read 294 times)
Fine0626

Email

Advice on Meds
« on: Sep 7th, 2002, 8:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have never been on preventive meds for my CH, many years ago they put me on procardia, didn't help.  I have a Dr. Appt. in a couple of days.  Could you give me some examples of preventive care that I could discuss with my doctor, I've only been interested in stopping the pain when I'm in it.  Didn't even know there was something that could possibly help prevent it.  Dealing with a clueless doctor, so would like to go in armed with as much info as possible.  Thank you all very much.
IP Logged
ChristineL

Email

Re: Advice on Meds
« Reply #1 on: Sep 7th, 2002, 8:35am »

I can only tell you what I have started since my Ch's came back.

Tried prednisone - it lessened the severity and occurances but did not kick out the cycle so I started Verapamil yesterday. I started with 120 MG twice a day for a week and then will go back to have my BP checked on the 17th and have the dosage upped at then.

Chris L
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2002, 11:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fine - I started Verapamil about two weeks ago and had sporatic success at 120 mg per day. The Doc upped the dose to 180 mg per day and as soon as I did, got hammered with four last night. The Vera has cut the intensity from very high to mid level on the Kip scale. And I am sure longer term it will kick the beasts butt.
There is some outstanding info available by clicking on the "medical info" button on the upper left of the sceen. Also visit the OUCH website (also to the left) and join up. OUCH is dedicated to finding a cure for these damn things and can use your support.
I would also ask your Doc for some Oxygen to help abort. It works for most of us, as you will find as you read through these posts.
I am sorry you have this damn horrid condition, but you found the best place for help and support.  
domm
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 7th, 2002, 12:21pm »

Fine, bookmark this site, and print out the info to take to your doc...

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/medications.htm

Good Luck!
 SmileyMel
IP Logged
riavaigh

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 8th, 2002, 1:51pm »

I can't reccommend ever taking Prednisone but I notice many people are taking it on this site. That upsets me. I myself am new to the prevention idea but I'm not into having side affects so I too am looking for a drug to help me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss