Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 7:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Calling ClusterBusters... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Calling ClusterBusters...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Calling ClusterBusters...  (Read 443 times)
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Calling ClusterBusters...
« on: Aug 25th, 2002, 1:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Where are you? Haven't received any messages since changing my email address (now on cablemodem) but gave new add as alt add when signing on. EA, Rick, Pink & Pinky, where are you?
I've now taken 3 doses (shroom therapy), waiting on results. Hangovers from first 2 doses but much better this time, guess the body gets used to it. Jury's still out, though, on amount of relief obtained. Will keep ya posted.

DAMN I HATE CH!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry
IP Logged

I'm not a damn newbie! I just changed ISP's!
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Calling ClusterBusters...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26th, 2002, 12:13am »

Mike,

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to get back to right away.  As I said in one of my last posts, I'm being pulled in many different directions at once right now.  I'm trying to play catch up from everything in life I fell behind on in my last cycle.  I worked 13 hours on Friday and 9 yesterday.  I am not complaining though, I am very grateful for the current relief.  Pinkfloyd went on a fishing trip for the weekend, I believe.  

Yeah, the body really seems to get used to the hangovers.  Mine  went away, although I can't remember exactly how many doses later.

Are you seeing your attacks decrease in intensity and severity at all?  Remember that breaking a cycle is said to be the toughest route in using shrooms to treat CH, the most effective use of them is as a preventitive by dosing before a cycle begins.  You and I took the hard way.  I still don't believe I actually broke my cycle, but the shrooms kept my attacks subdued until the cycle ran it's course.  The best advice I can give is to keep going until the beast is put on a leash.  I'm sorry again man, are you chronic or episodic?  If episodic, is your cycle due to end soon?

Peace,

-Rick
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26th, 2002, 1:10am »

Sorry to tell you, dude, but I think yer cablemodem provider is bogus. I have been trying to send a reply to your last e-mail to me for several days now and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

I am sending it to: g_tarman@comporium.net

If that ain't right, let me know what is.

pinky
IP Logged
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26th, 2002, 4:58pm »

Hi fellers-
Rick - Yeah I hear ya about the work thing. I went in this morning but had to leave at lunch as I wasn't getting anything done but sitting there holding my head.
I have to deal with clients and customers on the phone and it's tough enough without a stiletto stuck in your cranium.
I guess you'd call me chronic. My first cycle was in '97 and lasted 6 months, then went completely away for over 4 years. Then cranked back up May '01 and really busted my chops untill August but after that never went away, just wound down and it's been a constant KIP3-6 ever since. Since that hasn't changed after 3 shroom doses in 3 weeks, I can't say if it's helping or not. I can tell you that the prospects of spending the rest of my life like this aren't very appealing. I guess I need to start a thread and get some feedback from other chronics; seems like most sufferers are episodics. Bad as it is, I could live with that, but this just plain SUCKS OUT LOUD.
Yo Pinky -  you got my new address wrong. Try:
gtar_man@comporium.net and you should get through.
I haven't received anything from CLusterBusters in a week so maybe they got it wrong, too.
Later - Gman

IP Logged

eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 6:15pm »

Sorry gtar man for not being around lately.

'It's a long way back from hell'
... and it's dark there too.

I incorporated your suggestion into my part of the ClusterBusters FAQ.

BTW... in about a week I will become chronic, but the doses have GREATLY lessened the frequency and severity of CH.  I have taken about 7 or 8 doses (I forget exactly), so you may have to remain persistent to see a benefit.  You and me are doing this the hardest possible way... we are trying to break the clusters at peak.

Well wishes my ClusterBuster brother.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 7:20pm »

hey eyes(teve)....i think you're putting too much emphasis on this *chronic* deal.....ok the "book" sez you are after a year...but it's NOT like bein' promoted..... you may only age 0.99999 years per year...... ;D ....like me, except I still think I'm ..."just 22 and I don't mind dyin'....." (apologies to Quicksilver Messenger Service-"Mona"Wink  

...the fact that "the doses have GREATLY lessened the frequency and severity" has got to count for sumthing....and the fact that you don't remember 'zackly how many doses you took ......well, this means I love ya, bro....only God knows how many doses I took in my life..... and I'm STILL HERE....... apickin' and agrinnin'..... ;D

...lastly, How'd the MushrooMasks turn out?.......LOL

Best....2 all my ClusterBuster buds.......Steve
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 10:14pm »

Jeeze Louise, somebody still remembers Quicksilver. I met John Cippolina on my only visit to the "left coast" - years ago (ooh-ooh ooh ooh, have another HIT! "Fresh Air"Wink.  Not4hire, you must be a damn guitar player too. Cool
Not that I do much of it anymore since the Beast started "managing my act..."
I can tell ya, if "chronic" is a promotion, send me back down to the mailroom at $5/hr. CEO of Clusterdom, Inc is not my idea of a career move!
Thanks for the support, Eyes, I generally do everything the hard way.  I'm gonna skip a week and take the wife to the beach for a long weekend, then go for #4. What have I got to lose but a headache?
BTW, what the hell is a "MushrooMask" ????

Rock on, Clustercompadres... G-man
IP Logged

eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 10:48pm »

Hi Not4, you're right, I'm too preoccupied with becoming chronic.  I'm just mad because I didn't think I would still be fighting this same cycle 6 months later.  Shrooms have definately helped... and they make TV football mascots multiply.... rapidly.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 11:55am »

Hey, all us aging hippies remember Quciksilver! Found a greatest hits CD in a bargin bin a few months back. Highly underrated.  I'll have to pull it out for the next treatment, and make it a San Francisco trip -- some Grateful Dead, a little Jefferson Airplane, (not starship), Buffalo Springfield, Byrds...okay, the Byrds were LA, but still eight miles high.
Any idea what's become of Cipplolina and the others?
By the way "just 22 and I don't mind dying" is from "Who Do You Love?" -- an old Bo Diddley song. 'Course it might be in "Mona," too, which is also a Bo Diddley song. In fact, they are both really the same song, since ALL Bo Diddley songs are pretty much the same song. Bum ba dum ba dum, ba dum bum.

-tommyD

"I feel like a stranger in the land where I was born."
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 1:47pm »

.....ya got me Tommy....."Who do you love?" is correct......BTW...I think I read that Cippolina finally died....last time I saw him was at Pyramid Lake, Nevada with the Dead...or most of 'em.....Bobby and the Daylighters....turned into the Twilighters....and then the Moonlighters as the day went on.......great show  Grin

The FIRST time I saw him was at Southern Oregon College in Ashland-Fall of 1967....warm up band for the Dead....my first concert/first acid trip .....and I ain't never been the same  Cool ;D

...don't forget to cue up some Hot Tuna, Santana, and (early) Journey on yer next excursion.......

IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 2:59pm »

Ya left out Moby Grape! Ya can't do no SF trippin' without the Grape. I've got the 3-CD set which has almost everything they ever recorded except "Gypsy Wedding". Wow! "Hey Grandma" - "Murder In My Heart For the Judge" - "8:05" - incredible stuff. Lost in the mists of time, replaced by boy bands, hip-hop and rap. Swing low, sweet chariot, and carry me back to those days when songs had an actual melody line, I had a hairline, and a 30" waistline. And my freakin' head didn't hurt. Well, unless I abused it. Regularly. ;D
Somebody stop me before I mist up and bubble over  Roll Eyes

When I met Cippolina he showed me this amp Fender had custom-made for him. It had horn drivers built into the top with - I'm not making this up - 4 actual trumpet horns sticking out the front. What a rig.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss