Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 6:55pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « drugs make things worse »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   drugs make things worse
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: drugs make things worse  (Read 340 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

drugs make things worse
« on: Aug 21st, 2002, 5:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i was on verapamil and have switched to all sorts of things, depakote, topomax, diltiazem and it's just geting worse. have gone from 1 or two a day to 4, 5, 6 a day. i hate meds. docs suck. i'd be better off with out any drugs at all.
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

Re: drugs make things worse
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2002, 10:38pm »

I am no fan of meds. Also believe I am med sensitive but o2 and low dosage of IM have helped. I just work on my anxiety level to keep it as low as possible when the Beast surfaces. The transcendental mind stuff is also another alternative that I am working on. Check the archieves, good stuff on the topic.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 1:00am »

I hear you Justin.  I really felt as though meds simply exacerbated my condition.  Honestly bro, you should really think about the shroom therapy again in a more controlled and relaxed setting after a solid detox period.  That's just my opinion, it's only advice.  I was in the same boat as you until I began dosing repeatedly.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 8:28am »

Justin, I also hate meds any kind but when the pain gets to be that bad I will take anything.....right now I'm using Klonopin .5 x2 at night and I also use Imitrex nasal and the DHE nasal for me the DHE nasal I think works faster but alot of Doc forgot about it when imitrex came out... I also have stadol if things get out of hand (I've used that 4 times in 7 weeks) I think I see light at the end of the tunnel for me I also used the Botox injections and I also think that helped I go tomorrow for more in different areas....for me after 24 yrs I have yet to find a preventive just and abortive and it's very rough, I get them around 7 weeks straight a couple a day when that happens no wine, not one drop until it passes I also make sure that I stay out of the heat and no one smokes near me.....and o2 never helped me a bit.....remember that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger......I'm raising 2 boys and I want them to know I wasn't a quiter.....love Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23rd, 2002, 7:34pm »

Dear Justin:  How right you are!  I started out on elavil.  This is what the GP gave me to tide me over until I saw the neuro.  Wasn't working but I was having 1 or 2 ch's a day.  Neuro tried me on pred (which worked for about 10 days) and depakote, naproxen, imitrex, amerge.  Went up to 8 attacks per day.

Started Inderal LA in April.  Been working like a charm.  (At least I think it is).

Good luck and wishing you PFDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 12:48pm »

I'm inclined to agree that meds either don't work, make things worse, make you miserable with sideffects, or all of the above. Haven't tried every single one, but got tired of being a human guinea pig. I'm surviving now on willpower and shroom therapy, although I don't like it (did all the tripping I cared to do in the 60's, thank you very much Winkand the jury's still out on whether it's helping. It appears to be more effective for episodics as a preventative.
Hey Linda - what kinda sideffects does the Inderal have? Are you episodic or chronic? I've had head pain to one degree or another for going on 16 months now and man, I'm over it...
IP Logged

I'm not a damn newbie! I just changed ISP's!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss