Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 8:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zyprexa (olanzapine)--follow-up report »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zyprexa (olanzapine)--follow-up report
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zyprexa (olanzapine)--follow-up report  (Read 305 times)
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Zyprexa (olanzapine)--follow-up report
« on: Aug 21st, 2002, 6:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Looks like I'm coming out of the present cycle and now have more experience about this new abortive treatment (posted another message a few day ago).

I used Imitrex nasal spray on some attacks and Zyprexa on others. Both worked effectively in 20-minutes but, given the cost difference, planning to continue with Zyprexa for future cycles.

The disadvantage with the spray is that I have heavy nasal discharge during many attacks and that blocks the action of the spray.

5mg is starting dose for Zyprexa. Use 10mg for subsequent attacks if this not sufficient.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Zyprexa (olanzapine)--follow-up report
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 12:14pm »

Does Zyprexa not render you unconsious 2 hrs after taking? It sure did me! And took 2-3 hours to resurface the next day. It'll get ya thru the night, but I gotta work for a living. If you can call having CH living...
IP Logged

I'm not a damn newbie! I just changed ISP's!
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 1:15pm »

I had no sedation or any side effect. In 20-minutes the cluster quickly stopped and that was it.

What dose did you take? Anything more than 10mg would be excessive unless you had worked up to it via a series of attacks, using 5 or 10mg.

Were you taking other medications at the same tme? Could be some interaction. If not, then we can only write it off to individual variation in response--something which cannot be predicted.

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2002, 2:33pm by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Kilo

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 10:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I dunno about anybody else, but I would welcome being rendered unconscious.  Of course, I have no job and no real obligations.  I can understand the objections of people who have actual lives.

Where do I sign up?

Glad this regimen is working for you, Bob.  So nice to hear success stories!

Kilo
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2002, 10:01pm by Kilo » IP Logged
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27th, 2002, 10:37pm »

Bob, dude! Unbelievable! My neuro (last year's) prescribed Zyprexa to help me sleep while taking Zomig. I was breaking 10mg pills into QUARTERS and it was still kicking my keister! It even says "if necessary at bedtime for sleep" on the freakin' bottle! I took it at suppertime and by 9TongueM I was in the ozone. We gotta be from different planets...I can tell ya, the beast never woke me up when I was taking it.
Hey Kilo, not to pry or anything, but are you like independently wealthy or something? I'd like to not work, but I keep getting these 379 monthly statements in the mail... ;D
IP Logged

Kilo

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 1:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

gtar_man:

Well, not independently wealthy but close--living on SSDI for a totally unrelated medical condition.  Last year I got a $17 cost of living raise!  Shocked

Hoping I can work again someday, but the govbots say I am "permanently and totally disabled."  I guess if there's anybody that knows about futility, it's the federal government, eh?

Kilo
IP Logged
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 3:19pm »

Yeah, and speaking of the gov, they keep sending me these estimates of what I'll draw in soc security when I retire from a fund that'll be dry as Osama's socks by then. Futility, indeed!
G-man
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss