Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 7:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A question on oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   A question on oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A question on oxygen  (Read 378 times)
Giggs

Email

A question on oxygen
« on: Aug 17th, 2002, 5:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just got set up with an oxygen tank, havent used it yet but I'm hoping It came with the right type if mask. After reading several posts here I understand that a rebreather mask is prefered, or was that an non-rebreather mask? The one I have is a clear plastic cup with slits on the sides. Is this the correct mask? ??? ???
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: A question on oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 6:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome to the board Giggs.

You should get a non-rebreather mask. And you need a regulator that will deliver a minimum of 10lpm. Some people are using as much as 15lpm.

Click on these for information on non-rebreather masks:

http://www.jlenterprise.com/nrbmx.htm

Ueli's reference to re-breather masks posted Dec. 31, 2000  
http://www.salterlabs.com/products/oxygen_masks/high_conc.htm
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
whart
New Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 7:35pm »

Man, am i glad i found this board. Latest Neuro finally presribed ox, but all i got was a lame little tank that wouldn't help a rat with light congestion. 6lt./min. flow rate, and hasn't helped at all. The doc said that was more than enough ox to have an affect, so i must be one of those whom ox doesn't help. I heard, anecdotally, that it must be a hi-flow (not sure how high) regulator/tank. Thanks in advance. This is my first post here.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18th, 2002, 2:16am »

6L/min is the bare minimum that'll help some (actually few) ppl.  I've got my concentrators cranked to the max, approx. 12L/min.  Below that, I was gettin' little (if any) help.  As BobG said... Some ppl are up to 15L/min, and if you use the tanks, it's best that the regulator goes up to that high, so that you can at least give it a try at that high.  If you are using the proper mask at that high of concentration, then it may be safe to say that O2 ain't going to work for you.

PFDAN............................ Drk^Angel
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18th, 2002, 3:41am »

10-12lpm does miracles for me.Tried 6lpm but that did not help me att all

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
pborde

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18th, 2002, 11:20am »

Not sure about rebreathers - but when I tried O2 I had a soft plastic mask with slits on the sides. It worked fairly well. I had a large (3ft tall) tank, and used it at up to 15 L/min. good luck!

-peter-
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18th, 2002, 12:44pm »

Hey Giggs...whart....and pborde....here's some good info on oxygen...also has a pic of the NON-REBREATHER mask....the only really effective mask for clusters.....just click on the links.

[url]http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1025929622;start=6[/url]

[url]http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1014270746;start=2[/url]

....hope this helps......works for me and about 70% of us according to the OUCH oxygen survey......... check this site and JOIN.... you can do this for free........

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/

....hope you find your *key*.......best....Steve
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss