Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do you guys think I have cluster headaches? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do you guys think I have cluster headaches?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do you guys think I have cluster headaches?  (Read 403 times)
SnowPunk98

Email

Do you guys think I have cluster headaches?
« on: Aug 14th, 2002, 3:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Alright well I have been to the doctor but I just found out about this being a possibility for me and wanted to know what you guys thought, of course I will go to the doctor about it but I wanted to know what you guys thought, here are my symptoms....

Headache is only on left side

neck is almost always very sore and stiff (left side)

my right nostril usually seems plugged

My head feels like it has pressure in it rather than like a pounding headache

Gets worse as the day goes on, worst when dark it seems

basically everyday all day with only times of relief

at times I feel dizzy, I feel kinda like im not really here like seeing through someone elses eyes
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

Re: Do you guys think I have cluster headaches?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 5:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dont think at all,just get a GOOD neuro as soon as possible.Let him give you the diagnose

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 6:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Snowy,

Take the "Cluster Quiz" on the left of your screen

Most likely you're suffering from Chronic Tension Headache. The pain that you describe in your neck sounds like the huge muscle group that connects your head to your neck and shoulders (cranio-cervical) is siezing up big time.  

Dig your fingers into the muscles and see if they hurt. Dig your fingers into the muscles on the side of your jaw, chances are those will be painful too.

Its unlikely that you have clusters because clusters come in short sharp bursts and then disappear completely.

Unfortunately even a great neuro is unlikely to know much about the muscle tension component of your pain.  But I agree completely with Svenn, you need to make sure there's nothing serious or life threatening going on ... its unlikely, but you do need to be sure ... see a neuro.  

Once you're sure that you don't have a life threatening condition, my advice would be to see a physiotherapist. But not any physio, they must Specialize in treating headaches, otherwise don't bother.

Good Luck
Tin Tin
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2002, 6:25am by dannyboy » IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 10:30am »

Chronic Tension Type Headaches are fun!  My TTH feels like presure like you've described.  My CH doesn't feel like pressure, it feels like a big, rusty, dull drill bit drilling into my head X 10.  Where on your head is the HA located?  Like Dannyboy said... Take the cluster quiz on the left, it'll help ya figure it out a bit, but a good headache doc is a must.  Good luck!

PFDAN........................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
SnowPunk98

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 11:28am »

mi worried that its a brain tumor to be honest but everyone says I am a hypocondriac, I need to get to the doctor. The pain is only of the left side of my head on the front 1/2 my stupid doctor is saying I just have sinus headaches but I wanna get a CT or MRI to make sure there is no tumor cause it scares me
IP Logged
Cry-or-die

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 1:23pm »

Doesn't sound like CH to me at all...go to a few different docs and get a few opinions/referral to a neuro and an MRI/CT wouldn't hurt either...better safe than sorry.

Good luck Snowpunk
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss