Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Talk about the E.R. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Talk about the E.R.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Talk about the E.R.  (Read 544 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Talk about the E.R.
« on: Aug 12th, 2002, 6:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

During a night from hell where a "10" wouldn't let go . Imitrex didnt cut it, oxygen didn't abort it. In the 4th hour, I went to the dreaded E.R.
It was as bad as I imagined, screaming in the waiting area while my ride gave the information to register me.

Put in a room with a bright light and lots of noise, told to put the gown on and wait for the doctor.

When he came, he was kind, tried to do a really quick neuro exam because the light was killing me.

He ordered oxygen and a pain killer I cant remember the name of (too many 20's for 7 weeks).
It did nothing. THen another painkiller ( all IV.) , nothing
then some heavy duty  steroid, though I had 3 previos rounds of prednisone during this cycle and a 4th pain med was given.

Well 5 hours later, it broke. THe hospital credited the steroid, I know it wasnt the pain killers,, I could feel every beat of the devil right through it. Maybe the devil just left after 5 hours of trying to kill me.

Earlier that day I had had 2 other 8/9 attacks on the Kip
that I aborted with injectible Imitrex and oxygen.

Am now going on Lithium.

Any body else have ER stories?
I have yet to get a bill!!!!!!

Side note: Head Neuro told me later I was the 5th case he had seen in 25 years at the hospital.

IP Logged
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Talk about the E.R.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 6:48pm »

Sorry, when I read that back, I meant to write  (too many 10's over 7 weeks)  (not 20's)
IP Logged
ChristineL

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 8:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You poor kid...........I have always had a fear of what would happen in the ER. I hope you never have to go through that again.  

Chris L
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 12:17am »

it probably felt like a 20... no need to apologize... glad it finally broke.  How are you now???   ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss