Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oil of Oregano. Swedish Bitters. "Stabilized" O2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oil of Oregano. Swedish Bitters. "Stabilized" O2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oil of Oregano. Swedish Bitters. "Stabilized" O2  (Read 1156 times)
ScottL

Email

Oil of Oregano. Swedish Bitters. "Stabilized" O2
« on: Aug 12th, 2002, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have seen these produicts advertised and had paperwork sent to me from relatives.  Oil of Oregano touted as a super-antibiotic for candida, giardia, etc.  Swedish Bitters are touted as a general cure-all and relief for sinus and headaches.  Stabilized O2 is advertised as being able to boost 02 carrying capacity of blood.

Anyone hear of or try these??  I ordered them and will check them out.  There is always hope!?!?!?!?
IP Logged
Cry-or-die

Email

Re: Oil of Oregano. Swedish Bitters. "Stabilized"
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 11:24am »

Hi Scott,
I'm always interested in new organic pain relief. From what I have seen of this essential oil is that it is expensive and very little reference to headache other than general pain relief (likened to morphine which doesn't work worth a hoot on me), there are other side effects that should be noted however..."do not use if pregnant or if prone to epilepsy". Here's a few links I found relating to it. Do some research to where you will find the best quality for the best price because it looks like there is a lot of it on the internet. Beware the cooking oil watered down versions and mislabeled versions. Keep us posted tho.

http://www.youthful-living.com/oregano.html

http://www.tiferetonline.com/oregano.html

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html

http://www.oiloforegano.com/pages/description.html

Hopw this help you all to decide if it is for you, but it looks like it is a really good oil for lots of other things too.

Pain free days are comin' soon,

Cry-or-die
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 1:40pm »

Scott,
I haven't heard of the properties of oregano oil. However, You'll always have to ask about any 'natural' product: How comes, if this is such a marvelous product, why hasn't the pharma industry not jumped on the bandwagon and included it in one of their products? Also, as there is no 'cure all' remedies, the larger the number of ailments a product is supposed to help against the larger is the chance that it only helps one thing: to fill the pockets of the seller.
Furthermore, clusterheadaches are a condition very hard to treat, so the chances are slim that some cure-all headache remedy will put a dent in CH.

'Stabilized O2' sounds impressive.  Shocked   But this is a typical example of the methods the scam artist use: Embellish their gibberish with some scientifically sounding terms to impress the suckers.
O2 is a simple chemical molecule and there is nothing to 'stabilize' it. There is only one way to increase the oxygen carrying capacity of blood: Increase the amount of red blood cells.
I wager my cluster headaches against a hangover: There is nothing to replace the breathing 100% oxygen.  Any sort of activated, stabilized or otherwise twisted oxygen, whether dissolved in water or any other liquid, filled in a spray can or what have you, serves only one purpose: to transfer money from the pockets of to unwary to the account of a scam artist. It certainly cannot help CH in any way.

PFNADs
Ueli

IP Logged
Jaybee

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 8:46pm »

<i>How comes, if this is such a marvelous product, why hasn't the pharma industry not jumped on the bandwagon and included it in one of their products?</i>

Probably because they can't patent it and make outrageous amounts of money.  There are lots of diseases that can be treated using non-patent medicines, but the pharmaceutical industry grant money directs 90% of research at public (tax payer funded) universities and institutions.  Aren't sure if the industry is really slimey?  Check out some of the recent campaigns to block generic medicines - the industry has had a long standing campaign to malign the concept of generics, even though they are chemically identical to what they sell.  And when a patent is due to expire, they file ridiculous patents that are irrelevant or likely to fail, but the threat of lawsuits keeps companies from producing it for several years/billions of your insurance dollars.   Enron styled capitalism.
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 8:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I believe that stabilized o2 whould be o3 which is now know to be harmfull. Becareful what you inhale.
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Jaybee

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 9:23pm »

O3 is Ozone, which is less stable than regular oxygen. Strange that it would be called that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss