Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « YAHOO, I'm WINNING!;D »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   YAHOO, I'm WINNING!;D
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: YAHOO, I'm WINNING!;D  (Read 331 times)
Cry-or-die

Email

YAHOO, I'm WINNING!;D
« on: Aug 12th, 2002, 6:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This is my 10th anniversary of having clusters...8th cycle in all, each cycle lasting 6 to 10 weeks. Beginning with 1's on the Kip and winding out with 10's once to 4 times daily at the end of my cycle.  
Good news on my front tho, and I hope it works for someone else. This cycle I started with verapamil (I'm not sure if short or sustained action as queryed by nancyc   nancy) and at FIRST INDICATION of incoming mind-crusher I use migranol nasal spray. If you use it at FIRST INDICATION it will abort 90% of the time and usually works within 45 minutes and keeps it between a 5-8 kip until it works the other 10% of the time. My main indicator is a poke in the occipital area at the base of the skull and/or a plugged right sinus....if it starts hurting behind my eye, I know I'm probably too late to abort, but take it anyways because if I don't I turn into a rock-n-roll head banger without the music  for 1-3 hours.  
This is the most effective combination I have ever used and am happy to report only five CH's 5-8 kips in the last two weeks (normally would have 2-4 / day at all hours).  
Migranol nasal spray works great and if you haven't tried it, by all means get the perscription and give it a go. It's a bit expensive, but seems to work almost every time.  

I am a total anti-perscription person, this is the only thing I take meds for...fill me up I say to CH's, I'll die anyways if I don't...I'm sure. THe reason I bring this up is so that I can say that the directions call for one 1mg bottle to be administered all at once (4 sprays per bottle). At the beginning I only use one spray at first indication and this usually aborts it...in 10 min. if no relief one more spray and it usually works. 4 sprays are supposed to take care of CH's for approximately 24hours ("recurrence wthin that period is rare"WinkI reiterate once again as I find this very important...FIRST INDICATION! We all know our beast and we all know his personal knock. Spray it in the face via the nasal cavity right away and it might go away.  
Also, a small tidbit about my verapamil, I was advised to take my meds at one time stating with 160mg. I spread it to two 80mg doses 12 hours apart, when it was time to up the dosage....instead of going to 320mg/day I went to 240mg. 80mg 8 hours apart, then 1 week later to 320mg....I think that this will keep me from hitting my upper cieling of 480 before my cycle ends and help to avoid rebound headaches...so far it is working good, but I had a lulu this morning, so it is not infallible...but then it was because I woke up and it was behind the eye, so like I said...too late to abort.  
I Just got out of bed again, woke with the poke and ran for meds and came in here...guess what? That's right...no CH right now...it works for me and I sure as hell hope it works for you.  

Things I tried but did not work:  
amerge (tab)  
zomig (tab)  
morphine (drip, intramuscular and tab)  
demerol (intramuscular)  
Tylenol 3 (tabs)  
Rhizatriptan wafers  
prednisone  

Occasionally work:  
Hot shower  
cold compress on the affected side neck  
100% O2 (works often, but can't get it readily)  
Migranol nasal spray (works best in combo with verapamil)  

These are all my own experiment and strongly advise consultation with your physician before undertaking any protocols like mine  But I have a good doc and she lets me try whatever I want coz she knows I hate prescription drugs. Do the research, it will pay off I'm sure. As far as I'm concerned Migranol nasal spray is a gift from God himself. I hope it works for you. Please,please,please don't forget...it's worth repeating for a third time FIRST INDICATION! hehehe  

I hope you all enjoy my novel-like message and I hope I leave you time for reading other posts...I will repost the majority of content in a new topic in the general discussion under YAHOO, I'm WINNING!  

Take care, hugs and sympathy from your fellow sufferer,  

Cry-or-die
IP Logged
Cry-or-die

Email

Re: YAHOO, I'm WINNING!;D
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 6:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

By the way, I've been coming in during my CH's for 4 years, but under another name and forgot what it was...lol...hence, new username.

This was posted originally in a reply to "gills" whose tried morphine for kip10 reduction? and it turned into a long protracted novel like letter. So this IS the repost...ignore the reference to another post at the end.
 Kiss
hugzzzz,

Cry-or-die
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss