Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Blood Pressure? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Blood Pressure?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Blood Pressure?  (Read 428 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Blood Pressure?
« on: Aug 11th, 2002, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Looked through archives - not much.  Was curious.  I have LOW Blood pressure. All the time.  When having an attack, my BP has dropped so low that many times no meds - bp too low.  
what is your bp average - what is bp during ch - and could there be any correlation?

IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Blood Pressure?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 10:39pm »

Hi Kim.  I have suspected that my blood pressure drops right before CH attack.  I've been noticing that shortly before CH, I get headrush when standing or stretching.  Of course, I don't know for sure because I can't check my blood pressure when it happens.  Normally my blood pressure fluctuates between borderline high and low.  But maybe it's effect and not cause.  Maybe if blood vessels expand, the resulting pressure measurement will be lower.  I don't know.  Does vasoconstriction = increased blood pressure and vasodilation = decreased blood pressure?  I don't know.  Maybe it's not that simple.   ??? ??? ???
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 9:16pm »

Hi Kim,  This is were I run into trouble....my pressure is always too low....I think the last one was 98/72 but heart rate was as high as 98 and that was sitting....but DHE does that to me so I switch off with imitrex.  I'm very limited to what they can put me on....on Calan heart rate was down to 58 well that was stopped real quick.....Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 3:55am »

My blood pressure is normally 120/70 which is excellent.  However, when I get hit my bp goes up considerably.  It varies but is always definetly up to a point where they make comments on it.  I have often wondered if it is the imitrix raising it or me dealing with the severity of the pain at the time and being under that stress.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss