Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 7:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kanga Kid,  Can I ask you if your Dr. is Farber »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kanga Kid,  Can I ask you if your Dr. is Farber
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kanga Kid,  Can I ask you if your Dr. is Farber  (Read 328 times)
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

Kanga Kid,  Can I ask you if your Dr. is Farber
« on: Aug 9th, 2002, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I too am in Philly, and I was wondering if we go to the same Dr.  He is a firm believer in this and I know that it's helped many many people.  I for one he just laugh and tells me I'm the one that keeps him guessing.....I really love this Dr. and he calls to check on me when he knows that I'm having a bad cycle.....I was just wondering if that is who you where talking about.....If not I'm sorry for intruding.....Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Kanga_Kid

Email

Re: Kanga Kid,  Can I ask you if your Dr. is Farbe
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 1:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

That would be the same Dr Farber  Grin. I think he is great. I am going to have the surgery done on Sept. 16th by Dr Zager. I will keep you poasted on the results. How have the Blocks worked for you?
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 4:01pm »

Well I think I give him gray hair....LOL...blocks don't do the trick by themselves....I've had now I think 5 in different spots....I just got the botox last weds. and I do think that's starting to work....he also put me on Klonopin at night and they seemed to have stopped them from coming through at night but I also can be on as many as 3 imitrex or Dhe a day.......I think he's tops.....And Danny, she keeps a close eye on me because I'm one of their problem children....I get real serious if not watched....Last bout I was in and out of hospital....Good Luck I think we are one of the lucky one's to have found him.....Sami
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 12:19am »

Sami are those DHE in pill form or injectable... I didnt know you could get DHE to take at home, I thought that was only administered by IV.  thanks Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 8:41am »

Hi, Ree....I take Migranol which is DHE nasal spray....I was taken the injections but I really hated that and they hurt like hell, you had to draw your own drug up and inject.  It isn't like the imitrex....I fine that if I do the imitrex everyday,  at a point it takes longer to help me this way I which off and the insurance company thinks it's two different meds so at least I'm coverered longer....I think I can have 6 Imitrex a month and 9 Migranol every 19 days  the rest my Neuro gives me.....Any questions come get me....Sami
IP Logged

Kanga_Kid

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 4:03pm »

Hey Sami - I think that you and I may throw Farber into retirement  Grin. Has he spoken to you about the surgery? Really hope that this works out. I just spoke to Danny about it and she assures me that it will work. I will keep you posted.
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:17pm »

Sami - I'm getting Botox tomorrow.  How many shots did they give you and was it just in your forehead?  What kind of Dr. administered it?  I'm going to a plastic surgeon.  Hopefully, it's just one shot because it's expensive.
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:05pm »

First of all my neuro gave me the botox, it took 4 shoots and I go again next friday for my left temple....my insurance is paying for it because it's a neuro doing it.  I'm not sure if your medical insurance will give you a hard time if they see a plastic surg doing it but my neuro has had great results with getting reinbursment from my health plan because of a neuro doing it....they can't say that it's cosmetic.  I wish you luck with this I really think it has helped me.  My Neuro also does what he calls a buddy system that way your not stuck with extra botox when it's not needed.  You can always order more, but botox once open some have a very short life span.  And give it about 5 days to kick in. Best of luck.....Sami
IP Logged

Cry-or-die

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18th, 2002, 11:13pm »

Love the nasl misting Migranol DHE...no needles. Works fast. Unfortuantely $15 per bottle and it is only good for 8 hours after you open it. One squirt usually does the trick and HA is gone within 15 minutes. Works even BETTER with verapamil (6th week on verap 8th week into the cycle and I fluctuate verap between 80mg-320mg/day to prevent body adapting to constant levels). I have taken it (migranol) for my last 3 cycles and get great results. Just don't sniff when you squirt...it tastes HORRIBLE!!! (Makes me sick Tongue)

If you haven't tried it, I say give it a go...works like a hot damn for me...8 days...1 kip5 or 6 when I was posting a few days ago...shadows are rare on this program for me. Without a doubt my best cycle in 10 years of scrappin with the beast.

Good luck in your battle with the CH beast.

Pain free days are here for me...hope for you soon too.

Cry
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss