Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new medication »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   new medication
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new medication  (Read 456 times)
barbee

Email

new medication
« on: Aug 5th, 2002, 10:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey...I just read about a new Triptan called Frova. It stays in the body 26 hours....long enough to abort another headache. But, if is too slow, you can use up to 3 tabs in 24 hours.   Now, to get the neuros to prescribe it, and get the pharmacies to stock it........
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

Re: new medication
« Reply #1 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 4:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Friend

If what i`ve read about Frova,then its way to slow for us clusterheads.But perhaps an ok thing for the migrainers

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Ueli

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 5:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Svenn,

You are right, Frova is - as as all other triptans that come as pills - too slow to abort a CH attack.

However, the longer lasting triptanes are usefull as a short time preventative, to keep away the nightly attacks or before going to dinner at the MIL (when she insits to spice with MSG).

I take a Naratriptane (Amerge) tablet before bed time, and it gives a few hours protection.  

When I go to the neuro in 2 weeks I'll ask for Frova, that should give a longer protection.  

PFNADs  
Ueli

IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:41pm »

I wonder if one per day would be helpful?

I go to the neuro next Wednesday... I'll be asking.
Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 10:58pm »

Sorry Svenn I did the Frova for my migraine hoping it would be the miracle cure... I took the first one and it took forever to abort the pain then the pain came back and i took the second one.... You cant take any other triptans with it ie: imatrex or zomig  or amerge... personally zomig is my abortive drug... the others make my muscles sore for days... I dont know if anyone else had any success with Frova but I have a sample if anyone wants to try it... Im not taking it again
()Smiley  Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 11:35am »

Hi, I was one of the first to use the frova on the board I think it came out of Monday and I got it on Tuesday, I was to use it as an abortive.  I took one everyday and for the first 3 days it seemed to work, but I guess in time all good things come to an end.  I was aloud to use Imitrex along with it if one broke through, in fact I could use up to 2 imitrex along with it, Dr and Druggest also said it was ok.....but the Frova wasn't doing anything for me after the 3 day so I stopped.  I'm now using Klonopin 2 at night and Imitrex or DHE nasal as needed.  I also just got the Botox shots wed. and that will take up to 3 to 5 days to see if that will help, along with 7 nevre blocks that really didn't help me.....Sorry for the bad news....but maybe for you it will do wonders.....Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss