Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 4th, 2024, 6:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ergomar -- not available until Fall »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ergomar -- not available until Fall
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ergomar -- not available until Fall  (Read 433 times)
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Ergomar -- not available until Fall
« on: Aug 5th, 2002, 1:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ergomar is off the market until sometime in the fall, according to the manufacturer (just called them today).

If you inquire about it then, the company's name has changed from Lotus to, New River Pharmaceuticals.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Ergomar -- not available until Fall
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 6:31pm »

Hi Bob,

Ergomar is ergotamine tartrate, you get the same substance under the brand name Ergostat.

There are also combinations of ergotamine tartrate + caffeine, theit brand names are Cafergot, Ercaf, and Wigraine.

ATB !     Thomas
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
soworried

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31st, 2002, 6:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My dad had a prescription for ergotamine medihaler and we were told that it is off the market because of the adverse affects on the heart.  Is this true does anyone know?
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 2nd, 2002, 8:06am »

The Medihaler has been off the U.S. market for several years. It was available from Canada but was removed from the market there also. I traced it to Australia but never tried to buy it from a source there.

It was my understanding that it was taken off the U.S. market because of quality control problems--getting the active material in small enough droplets to be taken into the body effectively.  

I haven't checked the current status for several years so someone might want to explore the situation.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss