Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hey I really think this drug is working.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hey I really think this drug is working....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hey I really think this drug is working....  (Read 514 times)
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

Hey I really think this drug is working....
« on: Aug 5th, 2002, 11:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, Everyone I just wanted to share with you that I had a fantastic weekend....I feel that I shared the bad now I wanted to share the good....I went to the shore on Sat Morning.  I really thing the DHE45 nose spray at least for me is so much better then the imitrex...It killed the beast in about 5-10 minutes and I had about a 2 on the kip.(did the meds fast) that said I was off and running Hubby packed the car got the kids up and we were off to Cape May.....I sat on the beach played in the ocean with the family and had a great time.....came home(we have a house there) got showered and out to dinner.....at night I took the 2 Klonopin .5mg and went to sleep.  Sunday morning I woke up with a minor one took the DHE and applied the ice and in 5 minutes it was gone and has not returned.  So you guessed it headed to get a very large cup of coffee and headed once again to the beach.....I loved this weekend and wanted to share the good with the bad so for all of you that are still at the bad....hold on it's going to get better.....I'm in my 5th week so I think I have about 2 to go.....but I'm going to beat it if not forever at least this time.....Luv Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
ChristineL

Email

Re: Hey I really think this drug is working....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 12:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Congrats!! I hope it stays well for you.

The shore must have been wonderful this weekend with the hot and muggies we have been having. I am soooooo envious!  

Chris L

(in hot humid Maine) wonder if the insurance co would go for a pool for my headaches - the cool water ya know!

IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 12:44pm »

Hey I'm thinking you should go for it.....but then again they may just  limit your useage to 12 dips a month....LOL...ok sick humor....Sami
IP Logged

ChristineL

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 12:53pm »

They'd have to catch me first - I'll sneak in under the cover of darkness as my CH's always seem to come in the middle of the night!

Interestingly last night I was having one and I got up and made myself a big bowl of ice cream. I swear the headache eased off for about 1/2 hr but then came back. Lets submit that to the insurance company and see what they say.

Maybe we can get Ben and Jerry's to sponsor OUCH!!!
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 2:18pm »

Hey this reminds me when I was younger going pool hopping....LOL....now ask me why since we always were able to use the neig. pool anytime we wanted but it was more fun to fine someone else's....LOL....now laugh but tomorrow we are going pool shopping and I won't be suprise if next yr if this beast shows it's ugly little face you'll find me in there.....seems the cool water helps.....hey my hubby found me the other night laying in the back yard on the grass with my blanket and afgan.....what ever works....now I think we do need the ben and gerry's help also.....LOL....Sami
IP Logged

ChristineL

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 3:29pm »

I read your post on the general messages about your being on the front lawn..........it's not funny but I had to laugh at the image and having been in that state myself on a few occassions.

I was called to a meeting Wednesday and had to give a report. I had just taken some meds and I was pretty zoned out - I have no idea what I said but I still have a job so I guess it wasn't that stupid!  

This morning I woke up with a nasty CH and jumped in the cold shower. For some reason I started having a sneezing fit - OMG - I thought my head was going to fly off! Talk about adding insult to injury.  

Hope you are feeling better. The hot and humid weather is due back this weekend which always makes my CH's worse so I am not looking forward to that. Time to stock up on more ice cream. If things get really bad I'll just go lie in the kiddie pool I have in the backyard for the dogs.  Wonder if I can get my Dr. to write a script for a pool and for Ben and Jerry's. At least we would get something for all this pain.

Chris L
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 10:16pm »

Great news Sam.  Pool hoppin.  So funny.  We have a big camp near my house that has about 6 built in pools (trampolines too! Cheesy)  I guess you know after dark we snuck in and bounced on the trampolines and jumped in the pool(s)!

Jumping in a cold pool DOES seem to work.  For me body craves extreme temperatures at different levels of the attack.   I guess it's really the live action dance we do to cope.  

I can remember jumping in the COLD water and it felt good.  But later, I needed that blanket to be warm and unwind...  

Hope things keep improving.  Kim
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss