Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Accupuncture »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Accupuncture
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Accupuncture  (Read 286 times)
smartie

Email

Accupuncture
« on: Aug 4th, 2002, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[/color] SmileyDear all
Just wanted to post this message, my husband is in week 5 of what usually is a much longer haul. I found this website in a moment of desparation and thanked my lucky stars!!! I marched to the doctors surgery the next day and came away with the Sumitriptan injection (which we had never been told about or offered), these are fantastic and work within 10 minutes, in fact they are so good, my husband is able to sit in a room with our noisy 1 year old soon after taking it. The down side is that he can only have 2 in a day or risks a heart attack, which is no good for the days when he has 5 headaches. Again in desparation we went to seek accupuncture as we had never tried this either. I am please to report, although the treatment is expensive, he had it done last Thursday and has only had 1 headache which we controlled with the Sumitriptan with ease. It is now Sunday and there is a feeling of semi-normality in our house again (although we don't want to be too optimistic just in case)
I appeal to you all, never give up trying new methods, some do work!
Love and pain free days to you all [color=Pink]
IP Logged
LauraP

Email

Re: Accupuncture
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 8:19am »

Hello Smartie,

I, too, am a supportive wife a clusterhead. And like you I stumbled across this wonderful website. I've learned more from chatting with other clusterheads than we have learned from the many doctors that Rick (my husband) has been to.  

A couple of years ago Rick tried accupuncture. The first and second treatment didn't seem to do anything. On the third treament he got a CH while in the doctors office. And it was a pretty bad one. When they stuck the needles into him it intensified the pain and actually spread the pain to his legs. It was very painful for him. Needless to say, he stopped the accupuncture. But it was worth a shot. We, like many others, are willing to try ANYTHING to get rid of these damn headaches. Good luck with the accupuncture. Let me know how he does.

I've never heard of Sumitriptan. Tell me more. Rick isn't crazy about injections of any kind. Does this come in any other form, i.e., nasal spray, pill form?

Rick just started taking Magnesium and Potassium pills on Tuesday of this week. So far he has not had a headache all week. That's not to say it's the pills. He could just be in between cycles. But, he will continue taking them to see what happens.  

It's amazing all the different things we try just to find some kind of relief! As you stated, never give up trying new methods. I couldn't agree with you more.

Cheers.
Laura
IP Logged
smartie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 12:35pm »

Dear Laura
So far so good with the accupuncture - keep your fingers crossed please. The Sumitriptan injection is the Imigran injection, very easy, like a diabetic pen, still feels like a sharp jab but it works within 5 minutes. You are restricted to only 2 a day but they work brilliantly. There is a write up on this site regarding it, look it up in the medical info, thats where I found it and took it to show the doctor
Good Luck!
Helen & Alister
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 1:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smartie,

Hello and welcome!  I am another Rick who tried accupuncture.  I spent a great deal of money on many treatments with little success.  I personally wouldn't recommend it for clusters.  Please keep us posted on how it works for your husband.

Peace,

-R
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2002, 1:30am by rick » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss