Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 3:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « LIncare/oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   LIncare/oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LIncare/oxygen  (Read 535 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

LIncare/oxygen
« on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was told today, by the nasty receptionist at LIncare, my local oxygen provider that "Lincare isn't doing cluster patients anymore". When I asked where I was suposed to now get my oxygen, she said "Look around, you'll find it"

It seems the worse my painlevels/coping skills are the nastier and incompetent everyone is around me.

Does anyone else use Lincare and have they been told this? I am in Connecticut.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

Re: LIncare/oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What gives them the right to be prejudice against a group of people for the affliction they have?  That is ridiculous... What if a pharmacy chain decided not to provide prescriptions to a certain group of ppl?  Who are they to care?  They still get paid... They should be happy for the business.  Maybe you should report Lincare to your insurance for discrimination.  Hell... Report them to the Better Business Bureau.  We have the right not to be discriminated against.  We have as much right to receive the medical supplies we need as any other group.  Companies like that really make my blood boil.   Angry

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 4:42pm »

SHITSHITSHIT    Angry Angry Angry Angry
Companies like that really make my blood boil.
I`m so sorry for you my friend.

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 4:46pm »

I have put in a call to Lincare Corporate, they said someone should get back to me, I demanded an explanation of how they can cut off cluster sufferers.

How else can we nail these guys???? This is totally unacceptable.
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 4:50pm »

I will bet it's the receptionist and not the company that "isn't doing cluster patients anymore." Mention the new policy to the branch manger and see how she reacts.

Corporations may do a lot of nasty things, but its rare when they turn down a customer...
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: LIncare/oxygen--Not4Hire Rants AGAIN...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 5:33pm »

Hey Kari......sorry you're having such an uphill battle with o2...... a few comments:
(hope I don't start RANTING, cuz this REALLY FUCKING PISSES me OFF!!!!)

.....save the call to the Better Business Bureau: they are as effective at solving a problem as George Dubya is at pumping up the stock market

...If Lincare Corporate does not resolve the problem (they should), then report this FUCKING ABUSE to your State Medical Association, your CongressPeople, and probably your local Sheriff (ok, NOT)...

I say State Medical Association, because they license Medical Supply Houses just as they do pharmacies, because you need a prescription for oxygen, right? They DO have the *stones* to apply pressure=USE 'em!!!

This is purely UNACCEPTABLE....I wish I was closer to you... we could go together and throw a cluster fit in front of the store and tell their customers how they unilaterally decided "not to do cluster patients".....who's next? "Sorry, no more wheelchairs for paraplegics.....they're SUCH a pain in the ass......" or "no more bedpans for them old folks.....not enough profit margin...."  
Dammit, God gave us oxygen so we can breathe....it oughta be FREE...... it's not like we're asking for HEROIN/COCAINE/ECSTASY.....  

I have dealt with LINCARE....on the road and needed a refill of an "E" tank I strapped on my mosickle.... these clowns wanted $35 to re-certify my tank..... a week to do so....and finally told me take my business elsewhere......NO FUCKING PROBLEM!! Please do the same..... these idiots deserve to go broke turning away customers. Tell Corporate THAT when you talk to them....IF they call back (Don't hold yer breath!)

Kari...as always.....you know where to find me....best...Steve
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 6:12pm »

(still rantin')

Contact the media... Let them know that a company that's supposed to supply medical supplies is turning away ppl in need of their services.  Hell... Contact the ACLU... We are being discriminated against, and it's illegal for any business to discriminate against any handicap, disability, or illness... And it should be especially so for a company that provides services to the handicapped, disabled, or medically ill.

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
BobB

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 7:12pm »

Hey,

I would think that if a doctor writes an Rx for Oxygen, it shouldn't matter why. Does a doctor have to write a diagnosis for presicption drugs?

What is this world coming too?

Do yourself a favor and find a different supplier and a good lawyer. It sounds like grounds for a lawsuit.

Bob
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30th, 2002, 12:24am »

Hey BobP... Does OUCH have enough money in the bank to support a discrimination lawsuit against Lincare?   Talk about publicity for clusterheadaches and OUCH.  Could be a good way to get our case into the limelight, and all over the news.

PFDAN................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss