Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 3:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shrooms/Amsterdam »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shrooms/Amsterdam
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shrooms/Amsterdam  (Read 284 times)
Chronic
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Shrooms/Amsterdam
« on: Jul 29th, 2002, 8:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I'm off to Amsterdam on Wednesday for a trip through the Netherlands, Belgium and France.  I'm pretty sure, due to the easy availability, that I'm gonna try the shroom therapy.  I've read almost all of the posts on the matter, but I just have a few questions for anyone out there who has tried it -  

1.  I'm on Verapamil now, 480mg per day....and it is working.  Is it worth trying the therapy...or should I just be happy with Verapamil?  Verapamil doesn't seem to end my cycle...it just reduces the number of headaches.  If I go off it, they just keep coming back.

2.  If I go off it, how long should I wait before the shroom therapy.  Does two days sound reasonable?

3.  What about imitex shots during this "cold turkey" period.  I hear Imitrex leaves your system pretty quickly.  Do I have to avoid the use of this too?

4.  I'm only gonna be there for 10 days.....how long should I wait between doses?

Thanks for any help.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Shrooms/Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:02pm »

It has been stated that you should be COMPLETELY detoxed from ALL MEDS for as long as possible to give the therapy the best chance of working.  And it's recommended that you wait 5-7 days between doses.  I highly recommend reading this again before you go, as well as the all other relevant posts:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1013709016

-R
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Shrooms/Amsterdam
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:07pm »

on Jul 29th, 2002, 8:51am, Chronic wrote:
 Is it worth trying the therapy...

Yes.  Most definitely, if the individual has planned and thought through and thoroughly read over all relevant information.  Under the right circumstances and conditions, it has been very effective.

Peace,

-R
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss