Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 3:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « imitrex question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   imitrex question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: imitrex question  (Read 242 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

imitrex question
« on: Jul 28th, 2002, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Should I be getting a new pen and kit with every  prescrip refill or just the cartrdige refills?

The stupid doctor is only writing for 2 at a time anyway.  Not sure if this makes sense, I have been slammed too many times to care
IP Logged
erik
New Board Junior
Canada 

figthing the mother off all battles.

Email

Re: imitrex question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 11:02am »

I think you are talking about the auto injector just get the prefilled syringes . you dont need to buy a new autoinjector everytime it will work for years ERIK
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 11:03am »

best to axept 2 pens,then you can have 1 in reserve.I have 3 pens.1 at home. 1 at my summerhouse, 1 with me wherever i go.and then i has always some reserve.
IP Logged

_WhO_

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2002, 3:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sad in Italy Imitrex (Imigran) is only available in full sets of auto-injector and 2 doses, so i now have some 15 pens!!! GRRR
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2002, 3:42am by _WhO_ » IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30th, 2002, 3:57am »

Here in Norway we got them in 2pacs with pen
Refills in 2packs and 6 pacs

Svenn
IP Logged

JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #5 on: Aug 1st, 2002, 8:42am »

In South Africa you get 2 refills in a pack. The full starter set with pen costs much more.

I took a pen and shortened it by about 8mm so I can use the imitrex tip and take half the dose. Use another full size pen for the 2nd shot when you need it. Carefully mark the pens full/2nd half shot and 1st Half shot. The short pen needs to be reloaded by hand using a pen or pencil.

Take special care returning the remaining shot into the cartridge holder. You need to inscrew it be hand before putting it back in the holder. The needle can ben if you try and put it back inthe normal way while still in the pen.

This worked well for me. I found the idea in the archives. It is MUCH better than trying to stab yourself with the needle and a q-tip or golf tee.
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 1st, 2002, 3:10pm »

JMorgan - I continue to get the older type of injections...not the type with the pen.  Mine come as a full size injection in a tube - I take the injection out and don't use a gun/pen to administer the shot.  During my next cycle I'm going to see if a smaller dosage will work....just an idea if anyone else is trying to get multi-shots out of the stat dose pen.

NotH20
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss