Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shroom update and CPH-Shroom question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shroom update and CPH-Shroom question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shroom update and CPH-Shroom question  (Read 2386 times)
Henk

Email

Shroom update and CPH-Shroom question
« on: Jul 26th, 2002, 1:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi All,

first of all I want to let you know that I'm still doing OK on Shrooms. Or better: not on Shrooms, januari was the last time I used them! Still only get shadows and good nights of sleep, 9 out of 10 nights.

I have a question though... How about CPH and shrooms? I know 2 people with CPH. Anybody knows if a CPH patient tried shrooms?  

Thanks a lot in advance Smiley

And DJ: thanks for this MB, it gave me my life back after 6 years of hell. And thanks flash, pinky and Shrooms for the same reason!

PFDAN's to y'all,

Henk

IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Shroom update and CPH-Shroom question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26th, 2002, 1:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Henk,

Great news, and thank you for the update.  Are you/were you episodic/chronic?  

???  Sorry, what's CPH?

GrinR
IP Logged
Henk

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26th, 2002, 2:11pm »

Hi Rick, I was chronic for 6 years, started halucinogenic treatment a year ago, weekly at first, then bi-weekly, once per month until last januari. Seems that Shrooms have tamed the beast.

CPH = Chronic Paroximal Hemicrania ( sorry If I misspell this *grin* ). It's a "sister" of CH, same symptoms, but attacks much shorter ( 3-15 minutes) but this will b e compensated by having many more a day, compared to CH. An other feature is that CPH is responsive to indomethacine where CH is (usually) not. And CPH is more frequent among females where CH has more male patients.

Hope this is correct, else someone will correct me Smiley

Henk
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 12:31am »

Henk,

That's fantastic.  How big were the doses you took?  Which of these levels would you say that you reached:

Level 1  
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colors, etc). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".  

Level 2  
Brighter colors, and some subtle visual anomalies (i.e. objects appear to slightly shift position or "breathe"Wink, some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.  

Level 3  
Very obvious visual distortions: everything looking curved and/or warped, patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye images become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etc). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".  

Level 4  
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.  

Level 5  
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived ceases to exist. Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).  

The above info was taken from a post by PinkSharkMark.

Peace,

-Rick
IP Logged
Henk

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 1:58am »

Hey Rick,

I reached levels  2 and 3 usually. Except when I took some of my hown grown stuff that turned out to be much more potent compared to what I bought.

It was 1 of 4 strains I grew. ( all psilocybe cubensis)  
And somehow that strain felt like my 'special baby' all along. Guess that had it's reason. The 1st time I took it, I had the most wonderfull colored trip!
But the 2nd time I used it, it produced my first (and only ) bad trip. I couldn't feel my heart anymore and that scared the hell out of me. Then I realized that as long as i could *think* my heart was out of order, it must have been beating! *grin* I had to wait out that nasty ride for about 2 hours just trying not to flip out.

Most times the side effects were pleasant. I had some very vivid and colorfull trips. Had the caleidoscope patterns on my white wall, with some dragonheads coming out of it  ( they looked cute by the way, so they didn't scare me)   Flew through extremely beautifull 'landscapes' that were distorted by the music I was listening to.

All in all tripping was fun! But I don't take them just for tripping. IF CH flares up again, I'll redose.
And considering the bad trip: Shrooms are serious stuff, it's not a 'toy', be carefull and prepared!
But that 1 bad trip was peanuts compared to the pain I was saved from!

Cheers,

Henk
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 2:43am »

on Jul 27th, 2002, 1:58am, Henk wrote:
Shrooms are serious stuff, it's not a 'toy', be carefull and prepared!

Good wisdom, my friend.  

Keep in mind that maintenance of remission seems to be sustained best by dosing before the beast flares up again.  Flash and Pinky recommend that episodics dose at the midpoint between cycles, as well as right before a cycle is due to hit.  You may want to consider dosing periodically before the beast gets a chance to return.  Pinky or Flash may be able to provide you with more advice if you email them.

-Rick
IP Logged
Henk

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 3:41am »

Hi Rick,

thanks for your advice, Flash's and pinkies input have always been of great value to me.
But unfortunately, I can not define the "midpoint between cycles" , I am/was chronic *grin*. And since I still get some shadows, I expect to notice the flear-up if one comes. I'll catch it early!! I've got plenty of medicine, well preserved. And if it degraded, I can buy it in normal shops since I live in the Netherlands.  Grin

Cheers,

Henk
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 10:28pm »

on Jul 27th, 2002, 3:41am, Henk wrote:
And if it degraded, I can buy it in normal shops since I live in the Netherlands.

Lucky dog!

;DR
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 10:38pm »

True green-eyed envy here!
So good to hear it worked for a chronic Henk!So pleased you are well!!
Hope your PFDAN continue.
Now howza bout ...............
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss