Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « FIRST TIME IMITREX injection »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   FIRST TIME IMITREX injection
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FIRST TIME IMITREX injection  (Read 317 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

FIRST TIME IMITREX injection
« on: Jul 24th, 2002, 5:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

any tips? I have never used anything like this before, can you make a mistake? Anything is possible when the beast is raging.....Help?
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: FIRST TIME IMITREX injection
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 9:45pm »

Are you using the auto-injector? If so you should be fine. The only mistake you can make is shooting the cat instead of yourself. Just follow the directions provided on the pack.  
 I hope you don't need to find out how easy it is to use for a long time.
IP Logged
Helen

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 9:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I tried the Imitrex Nasal spray today for the first time and it worked.  I read the instructions thoroughly before bedtime so that when it woke me up I would know what to do.  It didnt make the pain worse but it did take 45 minutes to 1 hour before I had total relief.  Good Luck
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 7:39am »

Kari - if you are referring to the "pen" stat does system the only thing I can advise you to watch out for is that you push the entire unit onto your leg/arm and don't let it rise up at all or you will shoot the med into thin air.

The sound is really worse than the pain of the injection.  Don't be imtimidated - you are much stronger than a little ole shot.  You will be scared the 1st time - we all were, but when you realize just how quickly you can kill that beast each and every time it will be extremely easy.

Keep us posted on how your first time was....

NotH20
IP Logged
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 7:43am »

Its always creepy the first time to stick a needle into your body, but I guarantee, it will not hurt anywhere near as much as the CH.  I always give it in the soft part of my forearm, just below the elbow.  It works well there and it is the closest flesh I can reach.  You might be tempted to give it in the thigh, and that is okay, but it will take twice as long to work as in the forearm.  After you get used to it, check out the imitrex tip at the left of the screen.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss