Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 7:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « about oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   about oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: about oxygen  (Read 224 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

about oxygen
« on: Jul 24th, 2002, 9:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, I have a 8 liter, ? I believe cylynder at home now.
Question: Do you guys all have portable units also?
If so, how long do they last, I mean hours attack wise? Enough for just a couple attacks, etc?
Is their usually any problem getting them in addition to the home unit?  
Thanks everybody, I need to know
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: about oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 9:48am »

Hey Kari...when you say you have an "8 liter cylinder" ...I'm assuming you are referring to the regulator.....the *low flow* regulators usually have settings from 0(zero)/off up to 8 liters/min.

These are NOT what you want. The *high flow* regulators go up to 15 liters/min. This IS the type you need. MOST all of us o2 heads need at least 10-12 LPM to be effective along with the NON-REBREATHER mask (with the bag)

Portable units, i.e. a small backpack tank are used by some in case of an attack, a tank that small at high flow (10-15LPM) would only last long enough for one attack, maybe two.

An "E" tank has 22.5 cubic feet of o2....you may get four *doses* out of one at 10-12LPM.....figuring 10-15 minutes on the mask per attack.

The home unit, i.e. o2 concentrator unit that takes oxygen out of the ambient air (which has about 20% o2) and bumps it up to about 95% o2 will only flow about 6 LPM....NOT enough to be effective for most of us and therefore a waste of your time and money.  

I have an "S" tank, with 154 cubic feet of 99.x% o2....good enough for several days attacks.....YMMV(your mileage may vary).....these tanks are HEAVY and cumbersome, but ya gotta use the BIG GUNS to kick the beast's ass..... ;D

You shouldn't have any trouble getting these from any Medical Supply house if you have a doctor's prescription.....including the *high flow* regulator and NON-REBREATHER mask....accept no substitutes.

Hope this helps........ feel free to email me w/ ANY questions: carpe_diem49@yahoo.com ......good luck....Steve
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

Re: about oxygen
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 1:52pm »

ditto what she said.

i ask for N tanks. i get 4 at a time. with non-breathing masks. i tell them i need 100% O2 . make sure the Neuro writes that on the on the script and he writes the flow rate down as 10-12 liters per minute and you're set. email me with questions

jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss