Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « this is insanity »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   this is insanity
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: this is insanity  (Read 281 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

this is insanity
« on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

attack after attack after attack  at the highest levels.
how do we sustain? i dont understand how i keep coming back
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

Re: this is insanity
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:45am »

Man oh man Kari - sounds like you are not finding any relief whatsoever!   Undecided  I'm not sure of the list of meds that you are on, but it sounds like you obviously need some sort of change in your combo.

Are you going to the best neuro in your area?  If not, check the OUCH site for a listing of preferred docs - maybe there is one listed that could help you.

I'm sorry that I don't have any magic answers for you.  These ch's are such a nasty devil and they take so much away from us - mentally, physically and emotionally.  You must stay strong though and not allow it to win.  

Keep the faith,
NotH20
IP Logged
mobetta

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

kari
wish i could help you i totally understand what your going thru
if you have a good doctor he can try a cocktail on you and try to break the attacks
good luck
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 1:28am »

Kari,

Keep fighting girl, I know how horrible it is, but do not surrender to this thing.  Don't ever let "it" win.  Keep reading and learning.

You are in my prayers,

-Rick
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2002, 1:29am by rick » IP Logged
Lorsman

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 2:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kari,

Please,  find yourself a neurologist that will take aggressive action.  If your taking narcotics,  then stop them as soon as you can.  Trust me,  I have had clusters for over 30 years now,  and the narcotics actually actually made them worse in the long run.  Great prevenatives like O2, verapamil and ergotamine are used now as well as other avenues.   I sense you cant take much more.  I think we all have been there with these monsters.  I had gotten to the point at one time,, of bawling my eyes out,, and pounding on my head for relief.  I do feel for you.

If worse, comes to worse,, have the doctor admit you to the hospital for pain control and physical therapy.  Yes,, physical therapy to relieve neck and trapezius pain helps considerably.  Please hang in there,  for this to shall pass Kari.

Kevin....
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 4:31pm »

Verapamil Retard 120mgX5-7/daily during cycle  
Oxygene alone at 10ltm for 15 minutes or combined with imitrex-shots does miracles.The shots should start working in 6-9minutes.a few secons after that you are almost painfree  
Prednisolone in high doze for 10 days 80mg  
then over a 3 weeks periode step down like 60-40-30-20-10-5mg /daily  

This is the miraclecure for me,but i`m not a doc.just another clusterhead from Norway  

Take care my friend  

Your Friend Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss