Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help with med costs »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Help with med costs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help with med costs  (Read 283 times)
Smiles

Email

Help with med costs
« on: Jul 21st, 2002, 5:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't have any insurance and need help paying for my meds.  I just went in today and only could afford three pills-the cost was $55.00.  I can't afford this.  When I go into the OUCH site - where can I find help for this.  I find that Immitrix and Maxalt help me.  Also oxygen but haven't purchased this yet-no clue to what the cost will be.  Anyone out there that can help me?

Smiles
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Help with med costs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 6:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's the OUCH link to the medication monetary-assistance program:

http://www.phrma.org/searchcures/dpdpap/

I paid about $100 per e-tank and the regulator is at least twice that. But you can also rent the complete set-up from a home medical equipment place. I'm not sure what that costs but it should be between $50-100 p/month. If you tell them you don't have insurance they might give you a break. that's happened for me before. A refill of an e-tank is $12 for me since I go to the welding supply store to get my O2. It was $25 when I used the home medical equiptment place.  I'd suggest calling around and finding out since each place has different prices. Also, call the home health places and ask who refills their O2 and then call that place and see what it would cost to rent the equipment and O2 from them directly. Should be cheaper that way.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Help with med costs
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 6:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiles......E-mail me.    calientev8@snowcrest.net

In the meantime,  The initial set-up cost of an e-tank is pretty daunting. I think 15 yrs. ago, I spent 375.00 for the initial set-up which included the mask, regulator, and tank holder on wheels.  After that, the e-tanks cost depending on where you go, who you know.  I went to Lincare which is all over the US.   If I went through my INS CO... it cost me 32.00 for each tank.    I made a deal with them, casue they'd never seen a cluster patient before and were interested.  I now pay 10 in cash. Leaving the ins out of it... you can do this too.    

I'd like to help you.  Just e-mail me, O.K?  Linda Howell

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss