Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How long has anyone had a "10"? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   How long has anyone had a "10"?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How long has anyone had a "10"?  (Read 1442 times)
Drk^Angel

Email

Re: How long has anyone had a "10"?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 11:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

How about changing the subject to the thread to... How long has anyone had a mind-numbing, screamer, of a Hell raising, brain blazing, life threatening suicide headache?  

Of course the scale in subjective, and can change with one's perspective, but the scale represents the impact the cluster is causing at that time.  If you have a cluster tonight that is so bad, you wish you had a gun to end it all... And tomorrow you have a cluster even worse causing the same wishes... They're both 10s.  Just because tomorrow's is worse physically, doesn't mean today's ain't as bad mentally.  

There is no true way to accurately measure our pain on a hard and fast, chiseled in stone way.  Pain itself is subjective, and determined by perspective.  The scale is just there to simplify what we each are dealing with instead of having to describe every little detail.  It's alot easier to say, "I had a kip10 last night."  than it is to say, "I had a cluster last night that was so bad, I thought it'd kill me, or I'd kill myself."

PFDAN.............................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Marcos618
New Board Newbie

Re: How long has anyone had a "10"?
« Reply #26 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 1:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My tens are always my first CH of a new session. And they LOVE to start when I am on vacations. 1998 had a major #10 to start a new session while in Puerto Rico. Had another major #10 three weeks ago the start of a new session while on vacation in Las Vegas.  

Throwing yourself out the window of the hotel when your on the 22nd. floor does enter your mind during a 10.  

Large Hotels and resorts often have tanks of Oxygen on hand I have learned. But expect your hotel room to become very crowded quickly after you pick up the phone and tell the hotel front desk you need a tank of oxygen brought up to your room NOW!. Hotel/resort security and medical staff all rush to your room (with the Oxygen) along with the fire department and ambulance company.  

I will give a 10 about 30 minutes, during which time I try all my tricks to stop it myself before I give up, wave the white flag and ask for help.  

Has anyone ever had their blood pressure checked during a major CH?  Kind of scarry numbers aren't they!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss