Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How long has anyone had a "10"? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   How long has anyone had a "10"?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How long has anyone had a "10"?  (Read 1440 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

How long has anyone had a "10"?
« on: Jul 21st, 2002, 10:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

how many hours has anyone ever had the highest level of pain?
IP Logged
mobetta

Email

Re: How long has anyone had a "10"?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 11:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

before the meds were available  
i would tip the kip  
8to 12 hours
SUCKS
suicide was tried several times
obviously failed  thank god
IP Logged
markdavid
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 2:29pm »

After 2 mo. of constant 2 hour 10s I got one 2 hours 7to8 and then peaked at 10 for 3.5 hours untill I blacked out only to wake to a 8 then finially after 6 hours I felt better with a 5...

mobetter you da man.....god I couldn't imagian
IP Logged

Mark Hoebener
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 3:07pm »

Well, I wasn't watching the clock but I'd say I've kept my "10" going a couple of hours before. Here's an MSNBC article on a similar subject:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Supersizing sex  

Advice for men on a mission
to maximize female satisfaction  

By Al Cooper, Ph.D.
MSNBC CONTRIBUTOR  

July 17 - Q. My girlfriend and I have a great sex life — but I know it could be even better. How can I give her multiple orgasms?

A: Ah, America, home of the brave and the free — and the bigger, better, new improved, jumbo, ultra, supersized everything, especially in the realm of sex.  
  But up until Freud declared it so some 70-plus years ago, it wasn’t believed that women even had sex drives. Women’s sexual pleasure was once the domain of harlots who would engage in sexual activity for (unmentionable) motivations other than procreative and marital obligation.  
  We’ve come a long way, baby! Today, the girl next door and, certainly, the gal in the bed next to you, is expected to feel absolutely entitled to a good time in bed. But just where did the notion of multiple orgasms come from? Is this something that all women really long for or just another example of the American obsession with supersizing pleasure?

WHAT WOMEN WANT
  In men, the axis around which most sexual pleasure and activity revolves is all up-front and visible for him and whomever to see.    

Not so for women. Women’s physical sexual responses are interior and not so obvious to their partners and sometimes not so obvious to themselves. Orgasms are not an inevitable outcome of a woman’s desire and excitement but emerge from the confluence of her upbringing, her prior sexual experiences, her comfort with her own body, and trust and ease with her partner. And multiple orgasms may not especially be the goal. Many women are more concerned with physical contact, emotional intimacy and other kinds of sexual pleasure than counting orgasms.

So if you want a mission, make it one she desires. Figure out why it’s important for you to “give” her multiple orgasms. Is it possible that you want to feel more skilled, more of a man, as good as your golf buddy or the macho sex advertisement or article you just read? If so, then step back. Under the guise of satisfying her, you are more likely  
they don’t want or are not in the mood to receive. You can either foster a desire or you can kill it by pressuring her.  
  If you really want to please her then talk with her. Does she already have orgasms? How does she give them to herself? Does she prefer having you bring her to orgasm by yourself or does she like to assist? When she climaxes, is once enough?  

DON’T BE A PEST
  A considerable proportion of women are very sensitive following an orgasm and experience more stimulation at that time as uncomfortable (just like many men). Some women spontaneously experience uterine contractions that, while pleasurable, subside in intensity as she glides into the “afterglow.” A lover who persists in “extending her ecstasy” could be perceived as a pest or insensitive at best, by either type of woman.    

If she is open to finding out if more is better, do a bit more research. Maybe paying attention to her breasts, ears or toes will bliss her out. Experiment with mouth, hands, various parts of the body or different objects. Stop when she says she’s had enough.
  You might find out that being direct has its advantages — not the least of which is her feeling considered and understood. And it works both ways. You can fill her in on the things that rev your engine.  
  So, if you are willing to listen, experiment and start and stop on her signal, you may not need to wait till next Fourth of July for fireworks.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smiley
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 3:41pm »

If memory serves me accurately.......most all of my headaches lasted about 1-1/2 hours...........even the rare "10".  In my humble opinion, 10's  ARE intolerable.  "10's" are the suicide headache if help is not received within a reasonable length of time............."hours" would not be tolerable.

I have an extremely high patience and pain threshold, but the 10 ALWAYS found me in the ER.  We didn't have preventatives and abortives back in the good old days when my headaches started.  I didn't even know that there was any kind of relief for CH until I found this board, getting close to 4 years ago now.

My doc prescribed tylenol #3 for pain.  Didn't dent the pain and just gave me a stomach ache.

By the time the ER triaged me, kept me waiting for the doc, and finally gave me "the shot", my headache was either on it's way down or already gone.  But I did associate "the ER" as an end to the pain.  I knew that they'd take care of the pain or mask it so that I could get through it.  Or if my eye popped out, they'd push it back in.  That's why I drew this lovely picture at election time..............http://www.englewoodexpress.com/the_finger.html
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2002, 3:47pm by Donna » IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 2:21pm »

I didn't have any 10's during my first (6-month) cycle (1997) but had several 8 or above during #2 starting last June. I had JUST found out about and gotten some Zomig when I got nailed with my first 10 but it still took min 2 hours to subside, with the 10 part at least a half hour. Longest half hour of my life.
I guess the diff between an 8 or 9 and a 10 is the diff between THINKING about the .357 magnum pill and actually sitting there with the barrel in your mouth weighing the benefits.
Theological question for all you believers out there:
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 2:36pm »

I didn't have any 10's during my first (6-month) cycle (1997) but had several 8 or above during #2 starting last June. I had JUST found out about and gotten some Zomig when I got nailed with my first 10 but it still took min 2 hours to subside, with the 10 part at least a half hour. Longest half hour of my life.
I guess the diff between an 8 or 9 and a 10 is the diff between THINKING about the .357 magnum pill and actually sitting there with the barrel in your mouth weighing the benefits.
Theological question for all you believers out there: what kind of God (all-wise, all-knowing, all-merciful?)would torture somebody with this shit untill they off themselves and then consign them to Hell for eternity for being insufficiently grateful for the gift of life?
No, I don't expect an answer that makes sense, I'm just venting. My head hurts, like it does every day.
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 3:18pm »

There is no philosophical or religious reason as to why we have these things. It's not God giving them to us, or karma, or punishment. It just is.
On the same token, for the person who kills him/herself from these things or other things is doing it themselves. It's not God putting a gun in their mouths. There are two choices: Live or don't. But it's our choice to make.
Sorry you're hurting. I hope you make the first choice.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 4:11pm »

The longest I've had a kip 10 would be at least 8 hours.  I know that, because that's how long the ER kept me in the waiting room.  I'm not really sure how long it lasted after being taken into the ER, because I was pretty much out of my wits by then  

PFDAN........................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
maria

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 8:32pm »

Hey Ted,  thankyou for your supersizing comment.  Maria
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 9:25pm »

Are you saying that you had a full 10 on the kip scale for 8 to 10 hours?
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 9:39pm »

Well... From the time that I started screaming, banging my head on a table, wishing I had a gun, and finally letting my wife and sis-in-law talk me into going to the ER... To a half an hour or so before they injected me the first time with whatever that worthless crap was... I was in horrible, agonizing, suicidal pain...  Yep.

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:44pm »

Kay.  Here goes.  have had episodic ch since age 13-14.  I'm 41 now.  

I've gone through too many to recall all to exact pinpoint.

I can remember the real BAD times from lots of cycles of the past going back YEARS and also most recent.

Each time a "10' comes to mind in my minds eye, I was a different age and at a different emotionally developed stage as a person, so each time is handled (or coped with) according to my maturity and strength of character as time has gone on.

When in high school, i would become at first stressed and agitatated that "it" was happening...Would skip class and go somewhere where I could freak out in peace and away from people.  Thus, no one really knew what was happening....

Okay, now in 20s.  Livin it up.  Single no kids good job lotsa fun.  Get slammed and well, same thing.  Isolate until goes away, or wait until in complete agony and go to ER.  At this point the only people who understood the pattern and what was happening was my mom, dad, siblings.  I dated, but did not really tell boyfriends about it.  

Okay, move on to late 20s.  Meet hubby.  Fall in love and etc, etc, etc.  Remember telling him get these "awful Cluster Headaches and describe the general insanity, but can he really get  if cuz he never saw it b4.  So get marred.  Shortly thereafter, baby #1 comes along.  Right after birth BANG!  Daddy gets first hand birds eye view of Kim in a cluster.  Beginning to end.  He was worse off then me, believe me.  He did not know what the FUCK to do.  New baby, wife is now a Cybil character.  We rented a Ranch house.  Each attack, I would pace up and down the LONG HALLWAY, back and forth.  Run into shower not let anyone near me.  Pack ice and rock with it prressed to my head make noises not familiar to my new family.

Okay, what was the longest 10?  The memory that comes to mind is the maternity leave after my 2nd baby.  WORST cycle.  Two babies at home.  Parents far away.  Daddy puts the two girls in the car and we drive to StonyBrook Hospital onLong Island which is approx 15 min away by car.

We get there.  Sign in,  Can barely talk to the ladyat the window.  They bring me back and I wait.   How long has it been?  I can't really tell ya, cuz it's just too DAMN long NO MATTER WHAT.  Probably 1-1.2 hours.  
Indian doctor comes along.  O2.  Nuttin.  Imitrex shot - Nuttin.  Some other shot in the ass (thigh-whatever) nuttin.
Then - no one comes and I am alone.  I lay there.  There is a curtain seperating me from otherpatients.  I can hear them talking, but don't know about what.  I want to scream so bad, but hold it in.  There is no thought.  There is nothing.  Only pain and stress and a guilt so bad I cannot speak of it even now.
I tell my husband I'm sorry.  He starts to cry and holds the babies and we all sit there and wait.

It's time to leave.  I'm shadowing but needle is out of my eye for the moment.  Drooling has ceased and I can even crack a stupid smile at the nurses - sort of.
They tell me that i'm bettr now and things are ok.  I smile at them and say, Yeah but what do I do later when it comes back??????????????

How long?  Too fucking long, thats how long.
IP Logged
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

8) 8)Re: How long has anyone had a "10"?
« Reply #13 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 7:37pm »

Longer than I have lasted during foreplay!   ;D

Slammy   Cool
IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 10:59pm »

All mine last about 2 1/2 - 3 hours without Imitrex or ER drugs.

I've had a couple 10s that I couldn't treat that lasted the full 3 hours.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 26th, 2002, 6:50am »

I have lasted for about 14 days with almost kip 10 every hit,but from ther on i`m hospitolised because i can be a danger to myself and suicidal.It takes about 14 days in the hospital before they are manage to break the cycle.
That`s me in a nut-shell

Take care friend

Your Friend in Norway

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 7:35pm »

I have had 10's for three hours before they were knocked down to a 5 by o2 and imitrex. Not sure but If gone un treated they would have stayed for the full 6 hours. After two hours I become insane with the pain and have to force myself to breath.    Paul B.
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
oringkid

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 12:05pm »

I think I have only had about 2 that I would consider a 10 and as for how long they lasted...I don't know... It seemed like hours and hours but probably not that long.  I remember thrashing wildly and crying and begging to die and when it began to let up I fell asleep (or passed out) But I have never had any CH last longer than 2.5 hours so going to the ER would have been useless.
IP Logged
Cin

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 31st, 2002, 10:10am »

Well I just started my first cycle this last Dec. I would wake up and have awful pain on one side of my face, as night after night went by it got worse.  To make a long story short, on Sat night I woke up to the worse of worse, I was in every room of the house, begging God, Please I can't stand this, I was going crazy,  it was a 10 alright lasted about 20 min to half an hr but seemed like forever.  Than there was the night the 02 didn't even work for me,  I sure did want to be dead.  

Take care all,
Cin
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 7:58am »

During the peak of each episode I usually suffer #10 headaches for between 1 and 3 day spells.   The all time worst ever was 3 days of #10 headaches, around 6 headaches each day and each headache lasting 2-3 hours.  All throughout this I had a classical migraine running concurrently along with the CH for the entire period.  In other words for 18 hours a day I had cluster headaches breaking through the migraine pain and taking it all the way up to #10 for anything up to 3 hours at a time.  Often just as one headache ended another would begin.

In my humble OPINION the classical migraine with symptoms such as B&W zigzags can appear as a symtom of a true #10.  The reason being is that a true #10 aggrivates the blood vessels so much that even someone that doesn't suffer from migraines may get what is effectively a migraine running as background music and support act.

I realise that I'm going to get flamed on 2 counts here:

1) I used the M word and some people believes that belittles their saintly suffering.  They are going to accuse me of not having CH at all blah blah.

2) What I have related implies that I do not believe that the majority of people that think they've had a #10 really have.  Ha!  Fine get back to me if you ever do and until then shut the fuck up because until you've had this baby you don't know what the fuck you are talking about anymore than when someone with a hangover claims they have a cluster headache.

The #10 as I know it may have left behind some minor brain damage, but that's hard to prove.  Ever since then I have been suffering from muscle fascillations.  Virtually every muscle in my body has gone through a spell of twitching over the last 19 months, sometimes lasting several days per muscle.  This was very distressing at first since that type of fascillation is also a symptom of ALS,  as is the numbness in my hands that I have also been suffering from.  The good news is that after 19 months without any muscle wastage, and with the fascillations and numbness slowly becoming less pronounced I probably don't have ALS.

Therefore I suspect that my exceptionally bad CH ordeal MAY have been the cause of these problems.

Another interesting one is that after a previous bad bout of #10s some years prior to that last bout I've mentioned horners sign was evident for around 6 months after the episode had ended.  The neurologist noted that this was unusual and examined me for typical signs of brain damage (tested reflexes with a small hammer etc).

Hope this is of interest to someone.

Flame away I aint coming back to this particular thread.

Flash

IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 7:58am »

During the peak of each episode I usually suffer #10 headaches for between 1 and 3 day spells.   The all time worst ever was 3 days of #10 headaches, around 6 headaches each day and each headache lasting 2-3 hours.  All throughout this I had a classical migraine running concurrently along with the CH for the entire period.  In other words for 18 hours a day I had cluster headaches breaking through the migraine pain and taking it all the way up to #10 for anything up to 3 hours at a time.  Often just as one headache ended another would begin.

In my humble OPINION the classical migraine with symptoms such as B&W zigzags can appear as a symtom of a true #10.  The reason being is that a true #10 aggrivates the blood vessels so much that even someone that doesn't suffer from migraines may get what is effectively a migraine running as background music and support act.

I realise that I'm going to get flamed on 2 counts here:

1) I used the M word and some people believes that belittles their saintly suffering.  They are going to accuse me of not having CH at all blah blah.

2) What I have related implies that I do not believe that the majority of people that think they've had a #10 really have.  Ha!  Fine get back to me if you ever do and until then shut the fuck up because until you've had this baby you don't know what the fuck you are talking about anymore than when someone with a hangover claims they have a cluster headache.

The #10 as I know it may have left behind some minor brain damage, but that's hard to prove.  Ever since then I have been suffering from muscle fascillations.  Virtually every muscle in my body has gone through a spell of twitching over the last 19 months, sometimes lasting several days per muscle.  This was very distressing at first since that type of fascillation is also a symptom of ALS,  as is the numbness in my hands that I have also been suffering from.  The good news is that after 19 months without any muscle wastage, and with the fascillations and numbness slowly becoming less pronounced I probably don't have ALS.

Therefore I suspect that my exceptionally bad CH ordeal MAY have been the cause of these problems.

Another interesting one is that after a previous bad bout of #10s some years prior to that last bout I've mentioned horners sign was evident for around 6 months after the episode had ended.  The neurologist noted that this was unusual and examined me for typical signs of brain damage (tested reflexes with a small hammer etc).

Hope this is of interest to someone.

Flame away I aint coming back to this particular thread.

Flash

IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 6:02pm »

Hey Flash,

To hell with them if they want to flame you.  Don't give up on a thread because of a couple of not a very nice persons.

Scottie
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 10:00pm »

Is it me, or is there an echo in here?

PFDAN..................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Calamus

Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 6:37am »

4 hours without any medication. When I experience a "10" I call it a category 5 hurricane. Thank God the majority of my headaches last between 45 minutes and 2 hours. If I went through 10 hours, I would probably be dead of of slug slamming through my right temple.
IP Logged
JonB

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 7:09am »

I don't believe in these scales......generally subjective and, on an individual basis, only comparitive.

I cannot know what Tom, Dick or Harry refer to when they refer to a "10"....gross subjectivity.

My "10" refers to those ultimate headbangers but, what if next week I had a more severe event - that would become my new "10".

The numbers provide nothing more than a highly variable index for non-scientific discussion.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss