Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 7:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help! what will they do if i go to the E.R? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Help! what will they do if i go to the E.R?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help! what will they do if i go to the E.R?  (Read 295 times)
kari
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Help! what will they do if i go to the E.R?
« on: Jul 21st, 2002, 4:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone who has gone please tell me what will happen. I cant imagine going where someone will touch me and there will be light sound etc.

also how long has anyone ever experienced a "10"?
4 hours for me last night, oxygen at first sign and ergotamine wouldnt help I am desperate
IP Logged
Candy

Email

Re: Help! what will they do if i go to the E.R?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 5:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kari -

Not sure where you are, but here in Ontario my hubby gets a shot of Demerol.  Takes the edge off enough that he can deal with his attack again.  Last time he waited so long that he was almost through it before they saw him, so his doc said that next cycle they can set up a standing order.  That way he can skip the line, so to speak.  His diagnosis and treatment will be on file, so all they have to find time for is administering the shot.

Maybe you can call ahead and let them know you'll need a dark, quiet place to wait as soon as you arrive?  They may also be able to tell you what they'll do for you.  

Hope there is someone there to help you with these things - you've got enough to handle right now.  I'll be willing the Beast to crawl back into his hole and give you back your sunshiney days and peaceful nights.

Hang in there, hon.

-Candy  
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 9:06am »

Kari, i got hit really bad at work one day...one of the nurses was taking me home but when we went past the ER, she went there instead...I was so fortunate to get a Doc whose wife had chs..he ask me what worked for me...i told him that imitrex shots stopped mine...he replied that it was too late for the imitrex to do any good..he was rite...i ended up with an IV in and 3 doses of demerol...i still had the ch when i begged him to let me go home...but i was so numb, it certainly helped me get thru it...good luck ...
IP Logged
Smiles

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 5:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kari,

I was just to the ER on Wednesday-He asked me my symptoms and was quite friendly and understanding.  I was put on oxygen and given some sample meds.  I was put in a quite and dark room whiched helped out alot.  Hope this helps and hang in there.

Smiles Smiley
IP Logged
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 8:11am »

Kari, if you will always carry an imitrex injection in your pocket there will never be a reason to go the emergency roon.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:40am »

Kari - When I'm in a cycle I NEVER leave home without my meds, abortives and O2.  I have injections in all of the vehicles, nightstand, office, purse, medicine cabinet, etc.  Although when I'm low or out of my injections I have "thought" about heading to the ER, but have never gone - thank goodness!!!!!  

NotH20
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss