Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Endochrinologist  Appt Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Endochrinologist  Appt Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Endochrinologist  Appt Update  (Read 228 times)
Medlengough

Email

Endochrinologist  Appt Update
« on: Jul 21st, 2002, 12:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Saw my Endochrinologist Monday. I've always been able to trace the origin of the pain in my eye to the neck area, same side as the pain. Three months ago the pain became disabling and I began having pain in the neck area also.
     I had had thyroid surgery done by a different physician years ago.We discussed the fact that thyroid surgery, which I had had about a month before my headaches began,sometimes can leave damage to the sympathetic nerves in the neck which carry pain directly to the eye.  He noticed alot of old  scar tissue and ordered two soft tissue x rays.
  Got the x rays back Thursday. The surgical team had left two metal clips in my neck. My doctor said they were not suppose to be there and were even accounted for on the surgery report as being all recovered. Now  I guess there will have to be an evaluation as to whether there's any problem. The clips are in the exact area that the pain comes from.
 He also did a parathyroid hormone check since this controls blood calcium and phosphorous levels and can cause tetany like nerve problems but haven't got the results back.
 The best news from the visit was that I had had previous other doctors try to get me an appointment with the Neurologist in town that is known to treat Cluster Headache patients. They always told me they couldn't get me in because the Neuro wasn't taking any new patients. My endocrinologist got me an appointmeny in less than two weeks! Turns out the Neuro is also a Proffessor with the state University as he is and works in the same office as him!
 Now I know that this doesn't mean she will know anymore than he does, but it's a start at least. And if they will be working together, that's better than not having a Neurologist at all.
     So here's to trying to be optomistic for the next ten days and being thankful that I have a good Endocrinologist that cares. Just wanted to give an update and say thanks.
         Medlengough
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Re: Endochrinologist  Appt Update
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 9:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good luck and Keep us posted..would like to know how your test results come out..
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Endochrinologist  Appt Update
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 2:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 21st, 2002, 12:44am, Medlengough wrote:

The surgical team had left two metal clips in my neck. My doctor said they were not suppose to be there and were even accounted for on the surgery report as being all recovered.  

??? Shocked PLEASE talk to a lawyer about this, my friend.

It's great to here of another great doctor that truly cares, we definitely need more of those.  I hope and pray this all works out for you and that you don't have this disease after all.

-R
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss