Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « DHE-45 Sub Cu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   DHE-45 Sub Cu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DHE-45 Sub Cu  (Read 261 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

DHE-45 Sub Cu
« on: Jul 18th, 2002, 10:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

so i'm out of the hospital after uncessful DHE45 drips and i'm doing the self injections of the DHE45. 1 Ml  3 times a day for five days. anyone have any success with this ending a cycle. i'm pretty close to chronic. but not quite. i get a month out of the year. about. whatever. anyway...they suck, but i'm getting used to after about the fourth one. and i seem to be scaring from it slighting. i'm assuming this will go away.  

email me or AIM if you like with any info. thanks!

jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
scottie

Email

Re: DHE-45 Sub Cu
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 10:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Justin,

I don't know anything about that form of treatment but I am sorry that it didn't work.  I wish you PFDAN bud.

Scottie
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 9:12am »

I did good on DHE IV in the hospital but IM DHE did nothing for me...think Barb D may be able to help you with this though..know she took it alot...
IP Logged
mobetta

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21st, 2002, 9:28am »

hey justin
the dhe-45 did not and probly wont stop a cycle=at least it didnt for me
i did it for a year
all it had done was slow them down never took it away
im a imetrix junkie, when im in a cycle
nothing else works for me
good luck
chuck
IP Logged
lulu2000

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 3:35pm »

I had good luck with this treatment several years ago.  I didn't have a headache for 6 months.  Last year I did it aagain, the hospital for 3 days then home with a PIC line so I could give myself DHE intravenously.  Pretty raunchy and as soon as I stopped the headaches came back.  So who knows?  

If the CH is chronic, supposedly this method doesn't work.  

I started in a clinical trial today, capacin(?) spray unless I have the placebo.  Pretty desperate.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 1:04pm »

Justin - you already know that I believe I'm a DHE success story  Smiley but for those who don't I'll give a quick story.  I was admitted for a few days  for a DHE IV - in addition to this medication I was already on Verap, Keppra and Topomax.  I had one break-thru while in the hospital then two break-thrus at home and NOTHING since January!!!!!  While increasing the Topomax after being dischare, they decrased the Keppra.  I stayed on Topomax for a few more weeks, then started to decrease.....Then stayed on Verp for another month and I've now been med free since April 18th!!!!   ;D

I do NOT believe that DHE stopped the cycle - in my case I believe that it aborted the few break-thrus. But in addition it sorta shocked my body and allowed the other meds to work.

Don't be fooled - it's a nasty drug and it's a nasty treatment...but I would surely resort to this again if the other meds that are not as "whacky" don't work for the next cycle.

Justin - stay tough and IM me anytime you want to....

Mia
IP Logged
UTZ

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 4:36pm »

Hi Justin

I assume that by DHE you mean DIHYDERGOT.  That is the only thingthat would abort an acute attack from me.  1 ml with 4 ml over five minutes given IV.  It would normally stop the attack within the first three minutes.  I am lucky in that my wife was a nurse in an intensive care ward. I have tried Dihydergot up to one ml subcutaneously as a preventer a three times and day with some success.I have found that the IV treatment usually gives about 24 hours relief.  However the beast comes back.

utz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss