Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « meds  help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   meds  help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: meds  help  (Read 1076 times)
sandygirl

Email

meds  help
« on: Jul 18th, 2002, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Can anyone out there tell me what different kinds of meds has helped them? i have had verapameil,midren,imitrex, vicoden, and inderal,what else is there that helps?? i have read that depacote helps for ch.any help would be great as i am going back to the doc soon. thanks  sandy
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

Re: meds  help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 6:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi
First of all  verapamil Retard in high dozez might help as a preventive, up to 5-6X120mg daily.Then prednisolone in a 10 days cure with 80mg/daily for 10 days and over the next 2-3 weeks step down  60-40-30-20-10-5.This medication is called a "fireextenguisor" here in Norway.Imitrex-shots combined with oxygene at minimum 10L/minute with a rebreathermask does miracle as a instant painkiller.
This cure does miracle for me when i`m in and trying to break a cycle.But i`m just another clusterhead,so you have to ask your neuro about this.
Imitrex-shots fade away your pain in about 5-8 minutes

Your Friend in Norway   Svenn
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2002, 6:39pm by The  mad viking » IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
sandygirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 7:12pm »

wow norway cool what does the prenisone do?i know its a steriod. i have had real bad headaches for years over one eye or the other, migraines  sometimes it feel like i have been hit in the back of the head with a two by four and a dark room helps.bright lights kill me when im in the middle of an attack along with noise and certain smells. i used to live with someone who swore my headaches were not real!right now its been a few days and i have been pain free. but i know one is right around the corner.thanks for the reply.  sandy
IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 10:55pm »

Sandy,

If you do have clusters then stay away from painkillers as they will tend to cause rebound headaches.  Svenn is right about the oxygen and sometimes if I run ice cold water over my head then it makes the pain a little more tolerable.  Take a good long tour of the board and the site.

Scottie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss