Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « DHE results »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   DHE results
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DHE results  (Read 313 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

DHE results
« on: Jul 18th, 2002, 12:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

DHE-45 didn't work for me.  

went in the hospital. they gave me three doses at .7ml I had a weak attack and a strong attack and they raised me to 1ml of DHE. they gave me i think five or six more doses of that and let me out of the hospital with some scripts for wigraine, topomax, ambien.

wigrain was to continue the affect of the dhe. it's not in use any more so i couldn't ge it so the ch came back that night just like before. DHE was a FAILURE. now i'm on DHE-45 self injections. subcutaneuos. i've only done one injection and i fucked it up and hurt myself and i don't know if i'm going to do it again. i feel really out of it too but it does make the headaches stop. probably not a good idea to not follow docs instructions. (if anyone knows about how to take these please email me. my arm is red and swollen where i did the injection)

the topomax was not covered on my insurance but my doc gave me some to get me started.  

ambien was not covered either. no luck with getting any for free

i'm depressed as hell and feeling frustrated. maybe the topomax will work. if not i'm going to try maybe some easter aproaches.
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

Re: DHE results
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 10:48am »

Ok I don't know how much I can help but here it goes....first don't do the shots in the arm hurts like hell....do your leg....sit down....measure one hand up from the knee and one hand down from the hip (top of leg) squeaze the leg and inject....hold finger over the injection site and rub rub rub will burn like hell.....now I found that when you use the DHE if you are getting them everyday or even maybe 2 a day split the doze....take two needles draw half up in one needle and cap then draw the other up in the needle that your going to use put the other in the ref.  This is how I did it when I was on DHE and it really worked for me but this is just me.....DON'T DO THE ARM....TOO LARGE OF A NEEDLE....and it's a sub Q so you need to hit a muscle....believe me it's a bitch but take your time and don't wait, as soon as you feel it comin on no matter where you are do it.......Any question just ask I will be more then glad to help if I can.....been having a real bad time of it right now......Good luck....Robin
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
ChristineL

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30th, 2002, 11:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I found, when giving myself DHE injections years ago that the butt works best. Grab a handful and use a small needle! I also was on Wigrain back in the early 80's but found it didn't work for me. I started out episodic and then changed to Chronic. Back then I went through every med known to man and the DHE was the only thing that worked. I think it actually put me in remission - now 14 years later they are back. Not as bad and they have started episodic so I hope they stay that way.

Chris Lowthian
IP Logged
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2002, 1:16pm »

samian. i did mostly what you desribed but your words are the best way i've heard it put.  

chris - i was prescribed wigraine but was told pharmacies haven't been carrying it for years. i guess the side effects were bad or other things have replaced it like cafergot or dhe sub-cu injections.
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss