Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « how do you find a good dr?????? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   how do you find a good dr??????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: how do you find a good dr??????  (Read 364 times)
norma

Email

how do you find a good dr??????
« on: Jul 12th, 2002, 11:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cry Cry Cryhi again everyone,thanks to some replies i think i will opt out of the acupunture route, but how do i find the right dr? mine md tried to send me to neuro and the one that i could go to cause of insurance called and said sorry dont treat ch have to go to pain management, wel by then my headaches were gone, howerver i have had pains for 4  months now, and the devil hit tonite and if i dont get some good med advice i think i will just go insane, imitrex was helping but not now, i would like to try a preventive, so if anyone can recommend a good dr i would greatly appreciate it, i live in fl central brevard county, i got so desperate i tried to email some people on the where we live list but either i am really dumb or the mail just didnt go through Cry Cry
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: how do you find a good dr??????
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 11:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Norma. Your posts are really touching me tonight. You seem so sad right now I wish I could give you a hug and have you let it all out right now. I'm sorry you're going through such a bad time of it.
 If you follow this link it'll take you to a site of recommended doctors for CHs. And e-mailing the people from FLA was a good idea. Are you sure it didn't go through though? they might not have gotten your mail yet. And speaking of e-mail. please feel free to write me at Jayacat2@aol.com if you need to talk or vent.  
 Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/doctors.htm
IP Logged
Shelley

Email

Re: how do you find a good dr??????
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2002, 11:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Here's what I posted last August.  Maybe it will help.

Get the provider directory from your healthcare plan.
Call the neuros listed and ask them if they have a "special interest"
in CH. Ask them if they are familar with Dr. Peter Goadsby. Check the Dr listing on the OUCH page and  
see if any of them are suggested. Tell us where you  
live and see if there's someone in your area with a good  
one. If your health plan uses any "headache clinics" or
universitys, I'd start there. When you decide, schedule a 10 minute, get to know you appt...without a referral...they often don't even charge...size him up. You don't want a referral to another  
jerk. Do your research, and then TELL your PCP which  
neuro to refer you to.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss