Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 5:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shrooms:  The EA Experience »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shrooms:  The EA Experience  (Read 11467 times)
scottie

Email

Re: Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Reply #50 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 6:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Rick,

I won't be home until about 6:00pm Eastern time.  Call me after that and if you don't reach me then leave a message and I will call you back.  Later.

Scottie
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #51 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 7:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry gang, I had to redose on 7/22 (3 grams).  I'm a little depressed.  Dosing on weeknights is difficult.  (Tripping is not a problem, its the ramifications)  Doorbells are not good and neither is my mood.  I think I'm going to have to try to restart verapamil to help me get to the weekends to dose.  The shrooms work good for 5 or 6 days, and then BAM!, the beast throws down the hammer.  So far, total of 3 doses.  Maybe my hopes are too high Undecided.

IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
scottie

Email

« Reply #52 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 7:37pm »

EA,
I'm sorry your having pain man.  I was really hoping that you would finally dispatch the beast for good.  Wait your days and then try another dose.  Maybe you do need to go a little higher.  Also try to relax and keep the outlook that if it works it works but if it doesn't then you are still no worse off than if you hadn't tried.  Good luck bud.

Scottie
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #53 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 9:33pm »

Hey Eyes.....don't get discouraged bro....it took me 6 *voyages* @ Warp Factor 2-3+ to bust my cycle and had 2-3 days of despair each time when the fuckin' beast came back....this may (or may NOT) be normal....... my main concern now is that my *crop* is not growin'.... in case I need to *lay off*  Grin Cool

Remember, that you need to DETOX to give our friend a clear shot at the creepy MOFO......

keep us updated and don't lose the faith..... yer already ahead of the game if ya only had a few days PF....... IM me or email.... we're here 24/7...... best and HANG IN...Steve
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #54 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 2:37am »

on Jul 23rd, 2002, 9:33pm, Not4Hire wrote:

Remember, that you need to DETOX to give our friend a clear shot at the creepy MOFO......

Eyes,

I have to agree with Steve here, and I know that Flash would most definitely agree with this.  

I spoke with PinkFloyd last night, and he told me that it took him 5 doses the first time he broke a cycle.  

It has taken me about 14, I believe, to keep my beast down.  By dosing continually, I kept myself out of pain, and I was able to go to work without trouble, which for me made it all worthwhile.  Some of us require more doses than others, and this may be the same case for you.  I know in my case, continual dosing was far easier on my system than taking meds.  And it actually worked, unlike my many prescriptions.  I actually stopped having "shroom hangovers" after awhile.  As long as you are seeing relief, stay focused on that.  Eventually you will be able to stretch out the length of time between doses.  Hang in there brother, I'm sending you a CD on Thursday.Cool    

Peace,  

-Rick  
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2002, 1:44pm by rick » IP Logged
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #55 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 12:13pm »

Hey Eyes,

Sorry you're still in pain. BUT on the other side of the coing you DO HAVE some relief....for me that is better than the daily attacks and the overwhelming 24/7 preoccupation with thinking about the beast. It seems the 5-7 day period is the duration time for putting off the beast until another dose is sometimes needed.  

I hear ya about the mid week dosing.....fortunately I have been able to hold mine off until Friday nights.  

From what I have gathered on here...it may not be too unusual to need additional doses....I am in the same boat as you. I did two doses mid last month (one week apart) and just last Friday night needed to redose but alas....my shrooms lost their potency, BARELY achieved level 1 if that. I did 2 grams...and barely anything. With the same batch for my first dose I did the same amount and easily achieved level 3.  I gotta get a crop going or find those friggin elves again.

Keep thinking about the relief you have had.....and maybe that will help you...it helped me...when the beast came around again....

Later and PFDAN
STEC  

IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #56 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 7:00pm »

Thank you Scottie, Rick, Not4Hire, and SteColor.  You guys are correct.  I am pulling myself together and refocusing my efforts.  Forget verapamil.  I'm anticipating to have to redose shrooms on Sunday and am going to try to stick to a weekend schedule (On Saturdays I may suffer but at least I won't be at work).  3 doses is giving up too easily, I have to give more effort.  I'm sorry, I just fell into a dark hole for a while there.  The CH Beast is brutal and tough, but I don't want to give up without a fight... so for now... 'all guns blazing!'
IP Logged

sis

Email

« Reply #57 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 10:06pm »

Hi all,  I am new to this whole thing and actually not a sufferer of CH's myself.  My brother,  Eyes Afire, (who hopefully won't mind me barging in on all this)  shared this website with me.  I want to offer him all of the help that i can and figured the best way to start was to get on the website and find out as much info as i can.  I have read all of the replies regarding "The EA Experience"  and was extremely moved!  I am glad that you all have a support system like this.  I feel frustrated in that i can't do anything to ease the pain, but i will be hoping and praying for all of you.  Other than that i'm not sure there is too much else i can do. But i figured every little bit of support helps!!  Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences, it helps me to understand a little bit better.  
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #58 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 10:57pm »

Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #59 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 1:04am »

Welcome Sis!  Thank you for your concern and your support.  We need it! ;D

Hang in there Eyes.  It's getting you through the week, right?  Fight the mofoAngry.

Didn't get to burn your CD today Embarassed Undecided.

It's coming, I promise!

Peace,

-Rick
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2002, 1:05am by rick » IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #60 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 9:25pm »

Okay, redosed with a bit less than 3 grams today at around noon (?).  The previous dose was Monday July 22.  I had to use the O2 tank on Friday so I was very afraid that yesterday would be rough, but the beast never made an appearance yesterday ( ;D Tongue).  The beast tried to assail me while under the influence of the dose today at around 3:30pm, but the shrooms kept things in check.  Then at about 7:30pm this evening the beast stormed the castle walls and broke thru with a strong CH attack (a solid Kip 8 ), and I am still having very severe shadows.  The nature of the CH pain today was a bit different... I had a higher percentage of very sharp shooting pains radiating from my eye.  Basically it felt like Freddy Krueger was mashing my eyeball in his claw-hand.  And here I go trying to be optimistic: if I remember correctly, toward the end of last cycle I experienced a higher percentage of those sharp shooting-type pains.  So, I'm really hoping  Undecided that this cycle ends soon.  The fact that this is only the 2nd CH attack this week is a good thing especially since I'm not on any government drugs.

I learned a couple of things about myself:

1.  I'm no good playing video games while tripping.  It's too hard to tell what's real and what's not.  My reflexes are too slow.  There is too much color and moving... it's all too much.

2.  I can't follow storylines in movies while tripping.  I tried to watch Jurassic Park III (even though I've already seen it).  I simply could not follow the storyline.  Basically, I was just watching images in sequence.  I couldn't decipher the implications of the actions of the characters.

Next trip I think I'll stick to more passive activities.

« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2002, 9:34pm by eyes_afire » IP Logged

rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #61 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 10:11pm »

Eyes,

I believe Notseinfeld has had attacks right after dosing, although I am not exactly sure of how severe they were.  Interesting that you stated the specific pains you were experiencing reminded you of the end of your last cycle.  Hopefully you are getting there.  Flash has stated that things can get a whole lot worse before they get better, but for the most part, your situation sounds like mine.  I had to keep dosing and dosing to keep the beast down.  And as I've said before, I'll take this over the meds any day.  Are you still relatively pain free during the week?

The last time I had to dose, I borrowed a friend's Play Station and played Madden '98 for hours.  I usually watch Anime for movies, because even if I can't follow the plot, it's still visually stimulating.  I highly recommend the film "Ghost In the Shell".  I had to watch it 2 more times after my initial "therapy viewing" in order to figure out the plot, but it got better each time   Roll Eyes Cool ;DR
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #62 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 11:18pm »

Howdy Rick.  Thanks for checking in.  I notice that the first 24 hours after dosing are usually rough.  Then the beast fades away for the next 5 days.  Sorry shadows are too heavy right now, I have to get off of the computer.  I'll be back.
IP Logged

rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #63 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 12:09am »

Your last post really jogged my memory, Eyes.  I would feel like crap the following day after dosing.  Sort of clustery, sort of hung over.  Then on the following day after that...WOO-HOO!  Eventually, that first day after feeling, or "shroom hangover", went away as well.  Hang in there bro...

Note to anyone else reading this:  My shroom hangovers were not even close to as nasty as alcohol induced hangovers I've had.  A big reason why I quit drinking entirely, because the day after can really be a drag.

-Peace
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #64 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 7:32am »

I mentioned this before, but shrooms need to be viewed relative to other treatments as opposed to compared with miracles!

How many other treatments are there that can terminate an episode within a handful of doses?  

Don't believe that hallucinogens have failed just because you needed to take them once a week for 4 consecutive weeks.  On any other medication 4 doses in 2 days would be the norm, and likely as not there would be little positive effect.

Refer to Henks recent update.  Henk was chronic and initially had to dose weekly for wuite some time.  Eventually he dropped to fortnightly, and then monthly.  The last time he needed to dose was January this year.  Henk needed to dose a lot, but always achieved a substantial PF period of at least 1 week (any other medication achieve more than 2 days from a single dose with any consistency?).

Now Henk has achieved what is too all intents and purposes a 6 month remission without any requirement to dose.  He still gets the odd twinge, but then he was CHRONIC prior to this treatment.

Also bear in mind that most first timers are resorting to dosing during their episode, and usually at peak episode out of desparation.  Hallucinogens are most effective between episodes - don't get complacent folks!

Thanks for all your updates.

Flash
IP Logged
unclfuzzy

Email

« Reply #65 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 8:48am »

Has anyone had the experience of having a CH while actually tripping at a level three or four?  I was thinking that could mae for a very nasty trip.  Or has most everyone's experience been that it keeps the headache down at least while the effects of the mushrooms are still going on?

Thanks.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #66 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:29pm »

on Jul 29th, 2002, 7:32am, Flash wrote:

Don't believe that hallucinogens have failed just because you needed to take them once a week for 4 consecutive weeks.  

I needed 14 doses Shocked.  Am I upset about that?  Hell no.  I was pain free for the bulk of that time, with no side effects.  That was all I wanted.    

Is this the norm for other shroomers?  No.  I required more than the average.  Most people require the amount more in the realm of what Flash is talking about, maybe 4-5 doses.  Scottie took only one.  Everyone has there own specific needs which they need to determine by comparing themselves to ALL the other efforts they read about, and determine what works for them through careful analysis and use of there own best judgement.  And by asking questions of those more experienced when the posted information fails to provide them with the answers they are looking for.  I have dosed once now in the last month and a half, and I believe I am done for awhile.  It got me through the rest of my cycle and allowed me to go back to work.  

Fuzz-  I believe it's pretty uncommon to actually experience an attack while dosing.  I had a shadow once for about ten minutes, but that was it.  Some people have attacks right after dosing, but not during, from what I've seen.  

Peace-R
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #67 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:15pm »

Aren't 4 or 5 doses, each a week apart, about the length of a normal cluster cycle?

Did the shrooms kill it or did it just run it's course?
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #68 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 4:08pm »

I'm too damn lazy to look it all up and do a count, but seems to me most people get relief after two doses, and the second is more for insurance than anything else.  

In my brief experience, two small doses, barely trip level 1, a week apart, holds me for two months.  Took a bigger dose, trip level 2.5, in January, has kept me pain free, except for the occasional shadow, for going on seven months now...

I could be wrong, and I'll yield to those who've kept better track, but it seems some of the recent reports, needing several doses, were more stubborn cases than usual...

Some folks might not want to take a heavy trip, or they might not have the time or inclination to trip every weekend for a month or two... I maintain that most folks don't have to.  

I might be off track here, what's anybody think?  

My general philosophy is you should take the minimum dose that works...
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #69 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 5:28pm »

Hi Eyes,

I think it is typical to have the CH come back like a day or two after dosing....THEN the 5 or so day break. That was my case. First dose....got one 2 days after....2nd dose...next day....but each case I had many PF days or at the most shadows.... So the CH a few days after dosing, for me anyways (and others I think) is typical.  
It does get ya down when it happens. BUT DO NOT!!
things DO and WILL get better. I must admire Rick for his sticktuitness....he kept at it....like the energizer bunny....and he finally kicked it...

Oh...by the way....I had my first drink in a looooong time...Saturday night, .had date night with the wife....and NO CH !!!! Finally got my beast I do believe!!

Remember what other posts have said....not a miracle cure, and redosing seems to be the norm in most situations....But you seem to have some relief.Right? ...so the glass is half FULL and not half empty.... and off most of the meds? RIGHT FRIGGIN ON
You got the beast by the neck....keep at it......and get him by the balls....

I too had the same experience as you....as far as the CH's and/or shadows feeling different after therapy..I can not put my finger on it exactly.....just different....not the norm....so I knew the shrooms were doing something...

And as far as entertainment....I just set kinda let things roll....keep it simple...music is always good...the simple things seem to be the most entertaining....like a kid with a new toy.....the box the toy came out of gets alot of attention until it is thrown out....LOL

UnclFuzz.... From what I have read on here...the chance of having a CH during therapy is very slim....I was worried too....that would be a bummer.but during therapy the beast is thousands of miles away. In fact somewhere in a link from here (which directed to some other webpage, and where it is I can not even begin to recall)...I read one person drank a whole friggin glass of whiskey (or something) and started getting a CH...then drank the tea.....and poof.....gone.....  but getting a CH after or a day or two later may not be a surpise so keep that in mind.  

PFDAN
STEC <---- holding a glass half FULL of water
IP Logged
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #70 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 6:09pm »

Hi BobP,

I understand what you are trying to say about the duration of a cycle and therapy..... Coincidence? hmmm possibly BUT if it weren't for the PF breaks in between the dosings I may have to agree. But the almost PF breaks was all worth it for me between dosings.  

PS. I believe you posted a pic-tural of your crop in another thread....thankyou very much for that...very detailed. It will be a useful tool to look at when I get mine going.

PFDAN
STEC
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #71 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 7:23pm »

Howdy Everybody!

Sorry I have all but disappeared but I have been traveling a lot lately.  Unfortunately, personal use of work 'puter is forbidden and likely monitored, so I gotta wait 'til I get home and can check in on our personal one.  Ho hum.

Anyway, sounds like things are going well for all!  Keep your chin up Eyes and don't get discouraged.  There is definitely a great deal of positive in being able to stay med-free, and therefore med-side-affect free, and still being able to keep the beast reasonably under control.  And who knows, your next dose might be the one that does the trick!

Hope Scottie's great success has not caused anyone to get their hopes up too high - he was worried about that.  Wish we knew if the magic formula was what he took, or how much he took, or just some reaction to his personal chemistry.  Hell, wish we knew if that magic combo will work as well for him the next time.   Undecided

But the proof in this house is in the puddin', as they say.  We finally got a sitter and hit the town Sat. night.  Let's see, I believe his final count was 3 shots of tequila, a couple brewskys, and a couple of rum and cokes.   ;D ;D ;D
(ain't we bad!)  'Course I should note that he is now past the time when his cycle would have ended naturally, if it had not been aborted by the shrooms.  So, maybe he ain't as much calling the beast, as what it seemed to me.  But I was scared just the same.  Not him - the Cult of Fungus been givin' him big hostas these days!!!   Wink

SteC, Rick - miss you guys.  So glad to hear you are both still getting relief and finally moving on.  Will keep sending best wishes for continuing success.  

Again, Eyes_Afire - all my thoughts, wishes, and prayers are with you that you will continue to get relief and soon bury the beast for good!

Oh, and Sis - welcome to the fam'ly!

PFDAN!  K
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #72 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 7:28pm »

Flash is correct.  Right now mushrooms are working more effectively than any other meds I have taken.  My cycles usually 'only' last 6 months so I wasn't expecting to be using mushrooms against this cycle since it should have ended 4 or 5 months ago.  When I realized my cycle was not leaving I decided to use the shrooms to try to break the cycle.  I will continue using the shrooms with the goal of spreading out the doses when I no longer experience CH attacks between my current dosing schedule.  For now, dose day will be Sundays.

Thanks everyone for the input.  It has helped me refocus.
IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #73 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 11:25pm »

Color,

Just thinking.  Flash and Pinky have said that the shrooms "shut the door" for 5 days.  To me that says that the stuff is still in your system working for 5 days after dosing.  I could see how this would result in 2 or 3 days PF and then a gradual return of CH as the stuff wears off.

Maybe psilocin has a 2 day half life.  Works great for the first couple of days and gradualy wears off.  Like prednisone is used to break a cycle, maybe the break for a couple of days is what one's system needs to get itself back in order.  Maybe psilocin and pred both supply this needed break in order for our system to get itself back into normal operation and kick the CH cycle.

Just thinking and guessing here.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #74 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 11:59pm »

For over a year I've been trying to get Pink or Flash to write an article on the shroom treatment for the newsletter. It never used to be so accepted and I thought the word needed to get out there because it was logical and has helped a number of people, me included, get some sort of relief. We are in a different time now. Here at the board it is accepted because of the relief it's brought so many people. I no longer am looking for a piece from an advocate but would prefer something from someone who will be like Bob is being. Objective who will accept the fact it will help some people but also not sitting there advocating it as a magic bullet. I'd love for Bob to write the article because he's accepting of its benefits but not taking it as something that doesn't need some answers gained. So, if you are willing to suspend disbelief or total faith, and want to write an article on it, or anything else, write me at jayacat2@aol.com.
 PS, I'd ask Bob but I think his plate is far past full.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss