Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shrooms:  The EA Experience »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shrooms:  The EA Experience  (Read 11464 times)
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Reply #25 on: Jul 16th, 2002, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

.......likewise, I'm barging in here, but I'm quite sure the 1/2 to 2 gram weight dose is for dried.......HP Pink has The Hammer Info on this....results are quite subjective (i.e. each person has his/her own limits/capacities) and reactions to a particular dose.......

........oh yeah, gtarman........you dont't go to Pluto in ANY case......more likely to GOOFY  Grin ;D ;D
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 16th, 2002, 7:19pm »

SmileyHi gtarman.  Yup the shrooms were dried.  On a per gram basis, dried will be much more potent because shrooms are mostly water, but drying is the most accurate way of dosing.  First I fan dried them for 24 hours, then I put them in a dessicator I constructed, for a couple of days to completely dry them.  I pulled out a big shroom which weighed about 2.5 grams, but I didn't believe my scale Roll Eyes, plus I didn't want to underdose because then I would have to wait another 5 days before re-dosing Roll Eyes.  (By this time I was getting hammered with CH due to tapering off all meds so I was also desperate).  So I added another slightly smaller shroom.  So I really dosed probably around 4.5 grams dried... which ended up being a rather substantial dose.  I extracted the psilocybin using 'The Pink One's Kick Ass Mushroom Tea'.  However frightening my description may sound, the experience was very BEAUTIFUL and extremely BLISSFUL.  The trip alone was an eye-opening experience for me.  The good news is that if you don't want to experience such extreme 'side effects' all you need to do is dose smaller.  I think many people have success with about 2 grams.

BTW, I was thinking maybe I could play my guitar after dosing but due to the large dose, I was in Far Yonder Outer Space and that would have been impossible.  But just remember smaller dose = less side effects.  Like dosing with alcohol.... a few drinks and you're feeling good, relaxed, and a little buzzed... a few cases and you're puking, dizzy, and blacking out.

Once again today... no CH, no major shadows, no meds.  Even if I thought the trip would have been unpleasant I still would have dosed anyway.  I will do nearly anything to myself to get rid of CH.  CH PISSES ME OFF Angry Angry Angry!  Maybe my CH will return soon... who knows... but it is worth the try... besides the trip was BEAUTIFUL....beyond words.... MAGNIFICENT!

IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #27 on: Jul 16th, 2002, 7:45pm »

Gtarman -

If the clusters aren't hitting you too hard, you may be able to get by with a small dose. Enough for a level 1 trip might do it, maybe a half-gram. If it doesn't, try again next week with one gram. If it does, a second dose of a half gram will help put the beast away good.

It depends on the individual and the species of shroom, but I was getting two month's relief from two doses (a week apart) of a half-gram (dried) of what was probably cubensis.

It altered my consciousness about as much as two bourbon and waters (how I miss bourbon and cold spring water), but of course it a different kind of altered.

Then I tried a half-gram of a new batch, fresher and a different species, and had a nice level 2.5  unexpected but not unpleasent....grinning ear to ear, laughing at the cat,  grooving to van morrison, bruce hornsby, grateful dead (for old times sake), other such old fart music, watching the trees dance,. My wife never even noticed...I guess goofy is my normal appearance.

In my wild youth, I've come close to EA's experience, but that was on LSD...and yes, it changed my concept of existence. Don't think this old brain is up for that sort of thing anymore....

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Flash

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jul 17th, 2002, 1:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'd recommend staying clear of big doses because:

a) It isn't necessary.  From what we've seen someone taking a Level 3 or 4 is just as likely to require weekly repeat doses in order to break the cycle as someone taking level 2 doses.  

There is however a solid argument for reaching at Level 2 if dosing during an episode or chronic... and I have experienced it first hand!  Underdosing (especially taking a very small dose) may make the headaches temp worse.  This ONLY occurs if the patient doses during an episode or is chronic.

The best time to dose is slap between episodes (or a minimum of once every 6 months if the patient used to be chronic).  As far as I can tell Level 1 doses are just as effective as Level 2 and upwards when taken between episodes.  Please bear in mind I've been dosing since Jan 1993, coming on 10 years now.

b) Anxiety attacks during a trip are very very nasty.  Even on a Level 2 experience, someone worrying that their heart is beating to fast can enter into a state of near panic.  At Level 2 person will always manage to calm themself down.  This happens at level 3 it can be close to phoning an ambulance stage (although nothing is actually wrong).  Level 4 or 5 and the person will seriously freek out.  Freeking out at those levels usually leads to a huge reluctance ever to trip again.

To digress, the heart probably isn't beating any faster than normal (at least until the person panics).  Firstly mild time distortion may be taking place, making it seem as if the heart is beating much faster.  Secondly a person tripping whilst taking their pulse may not actually be feeling their pulse at all but imagining that they can and it's doing 200bpm.  

Worrying about stoopid shit like this is rare below level 3, and never comes to much.  Level 3 can cause some percieved problems.  Above that I shudder to think what a bad trip would be like.

Also... past performance is no indication.  You might have had the most pleasant trip ever last year only to wind up screaming the place down this time.  Be carefulk!

These days I stick mainly to Levels 1 or 2.  If I was planning going higher for recreational purposes then I'd have a couple of aclimatisation trips a couple of weeks beforehand - just to get back into the swing of things.

This year I will be using LSD as a preventative for the first time since 1994.  1/4 of a hit, although I intend to examine the paper under UV light first to see where the stain is, just in case all the fuckin acid is on the corner that I planned to cut off - hey it wouldn't be the first time!

I should also mention that I've been really busy of late now that I have 2 businesses and am trying to move back into my house.  Sorry I have been uinable to contribute more to this debate the last 4 months.

Finally - does anyone else get their muscles twitching on a regular basis.  Fascillations I think their known as.  This has been on going with me for 1.5 years now, and I've only just managed to convince myself that I'm not coming down with ALS (give that none of my muscles have wasted).  I 'm wondering if the total fuckin torture I went through with CH just over 1.5 years ago may have fried some neurons.  I underdosed during peak cycle and ended up with 6 x 3 hour #10s every day for 5 days before the episode ended 6 weeks ahead of schedule.  The dose I took was minute - acutally sub level 1, right off the bottom of the scale.  I do not recommend this course of action.  Anyway since then every fuckin part of my body has twitched at one time or another (especially my right thigh).  Sometimes things twitch for days.  Fingers are especially annoying.  Drinking too much probably doesn't help.  Any thoughts?

Flash
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jul 17th, 2002, 2:57pm »

Hi Flash.  I'm glad you posted here.  I may be living proof that Flash is correct:

"a) It isn't necessary.  From what we've seen someone taking a Level 3 or 4 is just as likely to require weekly repeat doses in order to break the cycle as someone taking level 2 doses."

Today I'm experiencing significant very persistent shadows and at 11:15am I got crushed with an attack  Angry Angry Angry.  It has been 6 days since my initial dose.  I'm contemplating whether it is time to do another dose, but it will be a smaller dose for sure... probably around 2.5 grams.  Thanks Flash, your input is very valuble.

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2002, 2:59pm by eyes_afire » IP Logged

scottie

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 17th, 2002, 3:18pm »

EA,

If you really feel the need to redose again then by all means do it but if you think you can stand it then I would be curious to see if you have the same results that I had.  Remember that I had 2 right around the 5 day mark and then nothing.  Now I would have redosed had I been able to find those damn elves but as luck would have it I couldn't and nothing ever happened.  If we really are doing our own research then I think that this would be a perfect opportunity.  That said I don't want anyone to experience any pain if they can keep from it so if you do redose then that's fine.  I will try it on myself again when my next cycle comes along in about 9 months.  One dose did completely abort my cycle at the peak.  Well gotta go.  Good luck whichever way you try it.

Scottie
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 17th, 2002, 3:28pm »

About twitching:
I am an exclusively left-sided clusterhead.  During peak of cycle my left eye will burn and twitch constantly.  This cycle my eye burned and twitched constantly for the entire month of March 2002 every minute of every day.  Early in the cycle (Sept 2001) my left pectoral muscle twitched for weeks.  Later in the cycle (Dec 2001 - Jan 2002) my left thumb twitched for weeks, but that may have been due to nerve irritation from rigorous guitar practice.  I can say that my eye and eyebrow twitch is probably related to my CH, but I'm not convinced about the pectoral muscle and the thumb just yet since this is the first cycle that they have twitched (but the cycle before this current one was the most brutal cycle I've experienced... so maybe damage accumulates... who knows?).  But the eye twitch always accompanies the CH cycle.
IP Logged

steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jul 17th, 2002, 6:08pm »

Hey all,

Eyes, so glad you enjoyed dose #1, and for the words in the english language.....just not there....I can relate LOL....It is pretty cool huh? Welcome to the Fungus Jungle!! Wish I could have been there with you, so does everyone else. toward the middle to the end of my therapy..(I did the Pinky Kick ass tea deal) ...I had ummm....ummm....okay....GAS...kinda ODD feeling during therapy....felt like I was the blimp for awhile....but I quickly learned how to deal with it...and all was well LOL

Slammy,  Eyes has the biggest cajonas of anyone I can think of right now. LOL...he really went for the "gusto" but you do not have to go that far at all for success. Others on this post have explained the same.....lower doses = less trippy happenings.....level 1 for example is like having a drink or two...thats it I think. so Shoot for level 1 to get your feet wet...and get some RELIEF!!!! It feels so friggin GREAT to have some relief. Then go higher doses as needed when you confidence builds. Please think again about the therapy.

Scottie......soooooo soooooooo glad you are doing so well....your comment...."SO THERE", cracked me up...me too LOL (and Kristi.....thanks so much for your support to all.....you remind me of my wife)

Rick .....still okay I hope??? any other dosings?

Gtarman.....good luck...
To the rest of the regulars....thanks so much for your info. it helps BIGTIME

PFDAN to one and ALL!!
STEC  

IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #33 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 12:26am »

Flash,

As always, thank you for the feedback.  You are our most successful case study, information and advice from you is always appreciated.  Congratulations on almost ten years of success!  You give us hope, brother, I think I can speak for all of us on that one, if I may.  

I can't say that I've experienced any twitching.  You did suggest alcohol as possibly being part of the problem.  I rarely drank over the past few years, and haven't had any alcohol for over 8 months currently.  Hope that helps you some, if at all.  

I'm currently debating how often I will be taking maintenance doses.  I typically get roughly 2 years and 4 months of remission, and I'm considering dosing every 6 months as opposed to every 14 (the midpoint of my remission period).  I'm concerned that I made need more maintenance than most, since I required weekly doses for over 2 months to keep the beast in check this past cycle.  I had to take a few more "journeys" than most to ensure my continued relief.

And my last statement above may be of importance to you, Eyes.  You may need a number of doses, keep that in mind.  Looking back, I dosed every 4-5 days in the beginning, when I probably now would give myself about 6 days in between each treatment.  But remember, everyone's physiology is different as far as reacting to psilocybin, monitor yourself and use your own best judgement.  I also believe, although this is only an assumption, that the longer you detox from the meds you've been on, the better the chance the shrooms will have of working.  

Back to Flash:  If you don't mind me asking, do you use caffeine on a regular basis?  Thank you again, for personally taking the time to help me out with everything over the past few months.

SteColor:  I'm feeling great still, thanks for checking on me.  I'm just praying that we all continue to have as much success as our Scottish friend has had.  How you doin'?

Scott:  Sorry I haven't called you back bro.  I'm working like a freak with little time off trying to catch up on $$$ lost from my last cycle.  We have to talk about our trip... uh, vacation.

Last time I dosed, I threw 3g of shrooms, a half-pint of blueberries, honeydew, and ice into a blender.

Cool  SWEEEEEET!!!!

-R

IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 12:30am »

on Jul 16th, 2002, 7:45pm, tommyD wrote:
grateful dead (for old times sake), other such old fart music,

T-

I just bought my girl a Dead CD today bro, and she's only 25 Roll Eyes.

I guess going to school in Oregon can do that to a girl Cheesy.

Peace,

-R
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 12:39am »

Well, it's 1:11am in my time zone and the only reason why I'm at my computer is because my left nose is stuffy so I don't dare try to sleep until it passes.  Anyway, I took a supplemental dose of 2.6 grams at 5:25pm on 07/17 because I didn't like the way my CH seemed to be acting up.

For those unsure about trying this treatment:

Feer nowt.  I bring good tidings back from the other side:

1.  Heed the advice of Flash and Pinky, for they are wise and experienced in the Powers Psychedelic.  Sure, I could have dosed higher but right now I have more practical matters to tend to (like waking up for work later this morning).  Flash pointed out that there doesn't appear to be much benefit to dosing in the Trip 4 or 5 range and I'm living proof that he may be correct otherwise I wouldn't be supplementing 6 days later like others who tripped at level 2 (But damn, tripping at level 4 or 5 is MUCH FUNNER than tripping at level 2).

2.  The Trip Scale is NOT linear, it is exponential.  Tripping at level 4 and 5 is worlds apart from tripping at level 2.  This is good news for those who enjoy the trip (greater return on the investment) AND for those who don't enjoy the trip.  Since I dosed at 2.6 grams instead of 4.6 grams you would think that the psychoactive effects would be about halved, right?  Wrong.  The psychoactive effects at 2.6 grams are only a fraction of the psychoactive effects at 4.6 grams.  No shit.  I kid you not.  And returning from the trip was actually very easy.

During this trip I was probably only able to make 1 profound observation.  I was listening to the tune 'Erics Trip' from Sonic Youth's classic album Daydream Nation.  In this song the main character, Eric (who is tripping), is described as 'fucking the future'.  And of course I found this lyric to be hilarious Roll Eyes, I mean, how is it possible to be 'fucking the future'?  When I figure that out, I'll let y'all know  Cool.
IP Logged

gtarman

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 7:21am »

Hi everyone - this is one great thread. My home computer died last month so I have to communicate from work now and don't have much time.
EA - I had assumed from your description of a whole shroom that you ate it raw but now I understand that  it was a whole DRIED shroom. I'm also on verapamil which is helping but still having bad shadows and twinges. Like you, I pray to meet CH in a dark alley in physical form so I can tear it limb from limb. Not that I'm a badass by any stretch, but just gimme ONE SHOT at it...
By the way, what kinda axe do you play? I've got a Zion Turbostrat, an old Squier strat I customized, a Tom Petty signature Ric 12-string, and a Tak elec-acoustic.
All sitting in my music room, since who could book a gig when you've got CH? (Gee, lookit the guitar player - why's he banging his head on the floor monitor?).  
 A question for anybody -  my 2nd cycle started Apr '01 and has never left, even tho' I haven't had any major (over KIP5) attacks since last August. Am I episodic or chronic? Chronisodic?
Tommy - I too had LSD experience long long ago in a galaxy far far away, but I don't wanna go there either, just want relief from this CSMFSOB. Oh yeah -  
Fungue amongue?
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #37 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 2:16pm »

Fungue amongue?

Oh, that's good!  VERY good!  LMFAO!
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 3:23pm »

(Elvis voice, reveling in applause): Thank ya, ladies an gennulmun, thank ya thank ya.

Tommy can use it on his sidebar, if he desires. No charge for Creative Services...

Anybody know how long I'll be a damn Newbie? 50 posts? 100? Also, how do ya get those freakin' emoticons in place? That's right, I'm not a computer genius...
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 9:19pm »

Hi Scottie, thanks for wishing me well.  I didn't feel like it would be a good idea to wait any longer to redose because my CH felt like it was firing up into high gear again.  I don't want to let it get out of control because I'm in the midst of a job transfer.  Since re-dosing I haven't had CH, but I've had shadows throughout today.

Hi Gtarman.  Chronics are defined as being in cycle for at least a year with only 2 weeks of pain free... I guess that means you qualify.  I know what you mean about wanting to beat on the CH Beast.  I'm so sick of CH messin up all the good things.  That's why I decided to break out a crop-o'-whoopass.  My cycle has been going on for nearly 11 months and I fear I'm going chronic, so I wanted to try something that had a chance to end the cycle (instead of just covering it up like verapamil).  My 3 guitars:  Hamer Standard FM, Hamer Diablo, Ibanez RG series 7-string.  I wish I was still playing through a tube amp because the sound is superior  Roll Eyes but my old one (Crate Blue Voodoo) just became too much hassle  Roll Eyes.  When replying to messages, clicking on the smileys at the top adds them to the body of the message  Cool.
IP Logged

scottie

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 9:48pm »

EA,
I don't blame you for worrying about a new job.  I know how strange it looks to new fellow employees to see you go flying through the workplace , holding your head, crying out obscenities, soaking the floor with your tearing eyes and smacking little old ladies that are shopping for bras because they won't get out of your fucking way while you are doing the hop on one leg dance trying to get to the bottle of oxygen stashed in your office.  Kind of ruins that cool new person image.  Nope, don't blame you one bit.  LOL.  Continued PFDAN2U
 Grin
Scottie
IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #41 on: Jul 18th, 2002, 9:54pm »

Gtarman,
50 gets you junior status and 100 gets you veteran status.  1000 gets you smacked at the convention for spending too damn much time on the freaking computer between now and Vancouver.  Hope this helps to clear things up.  LOL

Scottie Cool Cool Tongue Roll Eyes Embarassed Lips Sealed Undecided Angry Wink
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19th, 2002, 7:50pm »

I'm glad to report that the supplemental dose has knocked the CH Beast on his ass again.  I haven't touched imitrex, verapamil, or oxygen for 8 days.  This is remarkable!  I'm amazed!
IP Logged

rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #43 on: Jul 20th, 2002, 12:02am »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #44 on: Jul 20th, 2002, 10:25am »

HELL YA, EA!

Have you had any HA or shadows during those 8 days?

Hope it continues forever!

Luv, K
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jul 20th, 2002, 3:14pm »

Hi Kristi.  Only 2 CH attacks in those 8 days.  The one right after the first dose, and the one right before the second dose.  It seems like the strongest shadows occur right after a shroom dose and right before it's time to re-dose.  Considering that I haven't been on verapamil, imitrex, or oxygen... this is incredible.
IP Logged

kristi

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jul 20th, 2002, 4:50pm »

Awesome EA!

Incredible is a great word for it!  Expecially being painfee and med-free at the same time!

Scott was on nuerontin year-round, and antidepressants and sleeping pills for the side affects.  He was so used to it he took them on time every day like clock-work.  Seven weeks later, he's so used to NOT taking ANYTHING that he can't even remember to take a daily vitamin.   ;D

Life is sweet!  Keep smilin'!

K
IP Logged
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 4:31pm »

went to amsterdam and tried a quarter dose of the weakest kinds. had a slight trip and did not enjoy it. be very careful. i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so i should have known better but i was desperate to make the CH stop and i thought i could fight off the bad thoughts. i was wrong. coming down was rough and lasted into the next day. don't do it if you have doubts. they will cary over into bad thoughts during your trip
jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
scottie

Email

« Reply #48 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 5:26pm »

Justin,

You hit the nail on the head.  The right frame of mind has to be the starting point for this method or you will have the adverse effects that you mention.  I personnally would not have been able to relax anywhere in Amsterdam so that would have been the wrong environment for me.  I believe that by staying at home in my castle where I am "one" of the rulers afforded me the best chance for success.  This is one of those things that you really need to follow what has worked for everyone else.  In my youth a party might have been a good environment but these days it is at home with my family that I feel the most comfortable.  If you have the right attitude starting out and you mix that with the right environment and the best possible "meds" then I think that you will see more success.  Sorry it didn't work for you though maybe next time it will.  Lot's of Luck bud.

Scottie
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #49 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:57am »

Scottie,

You hit the nail on the head.  I enjoyed recreational use of hallucinogens in the past in a recreational setting.  Now, "comfort zone" is the name of the game.

Are you going to be around Wednesday?

-R
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss