Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shrooms:  The EA Experience »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shrooms:  The EA Experience  (Read 11463 times)
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« on: Jul 11th, 2002, 4:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Within this thread I will attempt to document my shrooming experience.

I have been episodic since 1995.  My current cycle started mid-September 2001.  This current cycle is the first time using verapamil as treatment, but is also my longest cycle by far.  Usually my cycles last 6 months.  I have been completely off verapamil for 4 days (OUCH!!!) and had been tapering for several days before that.  I took my last imitrex dose 26 hours before writing this.  

This evening will be Tea Time.  I plan on dosing 2.5 g using The Pink One's Kickass Mushroom Tea Recipe.  I have been on a low-fat diet for at least 24 hours.  My last meal was 2 tomato sandwiches 5 hours prior to writing this (but I will eat some carrots a little while before dosing).

See ya on the other side!  Grin
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
kristi

Email

Re: Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 6:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good luck and Godspeed eyes_afire!

We will all be pulling for you!

Much Luv, Kristi
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 7:40pm »

Hey Eyes.....wishing you the best results.....I believe this therapy has helped me and I'm hoping you find your "key'.....

To quote the 'Moodies': Timothy Leary's (NOT) dead....he's on the Outside....lookin' in.....

Buen viaje, hermano.......... ;D ;D ;D

IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 12:25am »

???
WTF
Still tryin to figure out where I am.  The fact that I was able to type in my password must mean that I have returned to earth.

Listen up gang (trust me on this one)...
save those level 5 trips for friday nights. LOL LOL LOL

WOW, you wouldn't believe....

more to come....
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 12:29am »

Thinkin bout you eyes,
Good luck!!
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 1:00am »

Steve,

I just prayed for you bro.

-R
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Level 1  Re: Shrooms:  The EA Experience
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 12:02pm »

Y'all gonna hafta forgive me for my overwhelming excitement.  I was PLANNING on dosing 2.5 grams but I ended up dosing significantly more.  I'm new to psychedelic experiences but I ended up in a realm of extreme bliss... I'm really having a hard time believing what I just experienced... it's impossible to explain properly.  It was so extremely pleasureable that it seems totally sinful  Grin.  Once again, here is the trip scale (my experience most closely resembles trip level 5):

Level 1  
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colors, etc). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".  

Level 2  
Brighter colors, and some subtle visual anomalies (i.e. objects appear to slightly shift position or "breathe"Wink, some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.  

Level 3  
Very obvious visual distortions: everything looking curved and/or warped, patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye images become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etc). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".  

Level 4  
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.  

Level 5  
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived ceases to exist. Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).  

Okay, now here are the details (but my sense of time is very very foggy and its kinda hard to remember exactly what happened  Embarassed Lips Sealed):

Somewhere around 7:15 pm I was making tea.  I had a dried shroom (the largest of the harvest) that seemed to weigh about 2.5 grams, but I started thinking that maybe it wasn't dried enough, and I just couldn't believe that I would only need to use 1 shroom  ??? Roll Eyes.  Here's where my obsessions got the best of me:  I decided to throw in another shroom  Shocked!  It was somewhat smaller than the first but still quite sizeable.  Therefore, I can only guess that I dosed somewhere between 2.5 and 5 grams.

to be continued...
IP Logged

eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 12:38pm »

In general, I'm a rather cynical person so after dosing I laid down on the couch and for the first half hour was not impressed.  I was listening to psychedelic music and watching TV simultaneously.  I was watching NFL films on ESPN (geez!  I'll never be able to see NFL films or WNBA the same way ever again!).

The music:
Illuminated - 360s
Supernatural - 360s
Strawberry Stone - 360s
Nymphs - Nymphs
She Hangs Brightly - Mazzy Star
So Tonight That I Might See - Mazzy Star

Strange things started happening as I approached 8:30 pm.  I looked at the clock and it started pulsating and breathing.  Then when I closed my eyes I noticed colors and patterns, vibrating rhythmically.  The actual onset of effects was very subtle at first.  NFL Films was interviewing someone from the Carolina Panthers and all of a sudden I noticed this guy's head morphing into hundreds of different faces!  Shocked.  It was inexplicably hilarious.  At about 8:30 pm time stopped!  It was 8:30 FOREVER!  I knew I was in deep juju somewhere around 'Speaks Through Water' off of Supernatural.  I tried to get up to go to the bathroom but I couldn't control my muscles.  All of my muscles were quivering and laughing forever, I couldn't control them!  I saw football players crashing and melting into each other.  Every face was changeable to hundreds of faces.  Males and females morphed into each other.  I felt surrounded by music.  I was laughing uncontrollably.  It felt like it lasted forever and I didn't care.  For a time I entered a realm of complete bliss.  I felt the extreme need to share this feeling with the entire world.  I also experienced olefactory hallucinations.  My sense of touch felt deeper and more expansive than ever before.  I started to become one with my sofa, it was sucking me in!  Little did I know that this was just the beginning.  I felt beyond my body, my body felt twisted in impossible ways.  Then I started projecting my thoughts and feelings into the characters in the music and on TV.  I started trying to rationalize why certain faces were happy, or sad, or excited, or angry.  I tried making sense of the digital display on my CD player.  The numbers on the CD counter seemed to be telling me something, but they were counting INCREDIBLY slowly.  I got the notion that I discovered a portal to bliss.  I kept on repeating 'There's NO WAY' because I was so dumbfounded.  Then I started philosophizing with myself:  'There's NO WAY, There's NO WAY, but... There's ONE WAY' and I was trying to explain how there is no way this is possible, but that I found the one way.  All my senses started blending and I lost all connection with reality.  The music never ended and I felt like I was randomly tranported to different tunes.  I started feeling like I knew the faces on TV.
Everything became warped and melted forever, amen.
IP Logged

eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 1:10pm »

Somewhere in the midst of the trip, the CH beast attempted to break thru.  The beast attacked with a very brief grinding sensation in my left eye, then made a nearly immediate hasty retreat.  Today I have skipped all shadows.  
Here are a couple of personal observations:

I underestimated the power of shrooms.  Nothing could have prepared me for the trip, I didn't have a clue what to expect.  My experience could have very easily been very unpleasant, but geez, that trip was beautiful... way beautiful.  Enlightening!  Revolutionary!  A true life changing experience.  I didn't think such bliss was even remotely possible.  My only 2 regrets were:  1. not having a babysitter, and   2. dosing on a Thursday night.

*A word about clocks:  I think they could be friend of foe during a trip.  For me, the clock was a friend because the trip was extremely blissful and seemed to last forever.  At one time I remember that I was giddy because I couldn't believe it was only 10:30 pm.

*Go to the bathroom before settling in.  I ended up eventually getting to the bathroom, but the bathroom can be an imposing place when everything is melting.  Sit down, don't trust your aim.  And keep a clear path to the bathroom.

*Roll with the trip.  Enjoy it for what it is.  If an unpleasant thought starts to enter your mind, get rid of it and just enjoy the show.

*Coming back to earth was very difficult.  This is where I could have used a babysitter.  I was very confused for a while.  When coming back... don't touch anything.  I spent a good portion of time trying to familiarize myself with my surroundings and trying to figure out what happened.  I just folded my arms and carefully started walking around my apartment.  At that point I was making rather elementary observations of reality such as:  'what's this doing here?'  'what day is it?'  'oh, here's the garbage can', etc.

* To avoid trouble, I determined ahead of time that I would simply try to remain on the sofa for the duration of the trip.  Try to make the place comfortable.  Pillows are a good thing.

I feel like I have lived many lifetimes.  I can't even explain all that happened during this trip... the feeble words of the English language are not adequate to describe the experience.

BTW, at one point during the trip I came to the conclusion that NFL Films was THE ONE WAY, the portal to bliss if you will  Wink Cheesy Roll Eyes.  American football will never be the same again (at least in my perspective).  
IP Logged

kristi

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 1:48pm »

All I can say is - WOW!

What an amazing experience.  Thank you for describing it so completely, especially since it is hard to find the right words.

Oh, um, I think that "one quarter of a recreational dose" expression, hee hee, kinda loses it's impact here.   ;D ;D

Glad you had a good time!  Hope you continue to be painfree forever!

K
IP Logged
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 1:54pm »

OMG!!  

EYES!  DUDE!!!  You're Stoned!!!    Shocked

Seriously  ( heh, can I say that?),  I was this close to embarking on my fungal journey.  But you just scared the living shit out of me.....  I'll stick to Zomig and Veraps.... Sheesh!  Glad you had a nice trip!   Cheesy

btw.... NFL Films Rock!!!!   ;D

Slammy   Cool

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2002, 3:33pm by Slammy » IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 2:14pm »

on Jul 12th, 2002, 1:10pm, eyes_afire wrote:

*Roll with the trip.  Enjoy it for what it is.  If an unpleasant thought starts to enter your mind, get rid of it and just enjoy the show.

Excellent advice for anyone looking to do this for the first time.

It sounds as though you you were more than capable of coping with everything, which again I feel is really easy to do as long as you stay focused on doing exactly what I have quoted you saying above.  I still would personally not recommend this for another first time shroomer, but I'm glad you had fun.;D

So, let's all keep our fingers cross that you begin to see some continued relief.  Do you know what strain of mushroom you consumed?

I've never heard of the 360's or the Nymphs.  I love Mazzy Star though.  Do you have "Among My Swan"?  Hope Sandoval is in some new band now.  Do you listen to a lot of shoegazer?  

I'm thinking a lot of people her think I'm a big metalhead because of some of the conversations I've had.  While I am going to see Slayer next month, I listen to more Hip Hop, Shoegazer, Britpop, and Classical than anything.  And I love House (I'm from Chicago, it's like religion here ;D).  

Orb is my all time favorite music for psychedelics. Cool

Peace,

-R
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 3:18pm »

I would like to personally like to thank Flash for introducing the MB to shrooms.  I would also like to extend many thanks to PinkSharkMark for being an excellent advisor and shroom expert.  I would like to thank Monique and Mastifflvr28 for advice.  I would like to thank Mastifflvr28 and Not4Hire for talking me back to earth early this morning (LOL  Grin).  And thanks go out to Kristi, Rick, Den, and Slammy for words of support.

Hey Slammy, I would have to say that I probably took an excessive dose, you probably wouldn't need to take that big of a dose.  At the time I was increasingly desperate and a bit impulsive due to being off of verapamil, so I wanted to make sure I hit the beast real hard.  I don't want to become chronic, and I'm gettin damn close to it.  Sometimes my 'all-or-nothing' attitude gets me into trouble, but the trip was magnificent.  I can see how the trip could turn out bad for anyone who would be disturbed by such unreality, especially since time seemed to stand still.

Rick, I think the 'getting rid of unpleasant thoughts' may be important to ensuring a good trip.  During the trip, all kinds of crazy notions enter your head, therefore it was probably good that I determined beforehand to stay on the sofa and know that what I was perceiving was effects of the trip, not reality.  I consumed psilocybin cubensis, Ecuador strain.  Look up 'The 360's' and 'Nymphs' on the on-line All Music Guide to get an idea of what they're about (but I think they are a bit too critical of 360's).  I have 'Among My Swan' but I wasn't as impressed with it.  I started getting into some of the shoegazer stuff, I guess like back in '92 (... or was it '94... stuff like Lush, My Bloody Valentine).  That's what I should have done!  I should have put My Bloody Valentine's 'Loveless' in the ole CD player!  That woulda been a trip!  Yup, it's pretty easy to get pigeonholed as a metalhead.  I have an extensive metal collection, but it gives everyone the false notion that is all I listen to.  I guess because it is such an extreme music form and it generates extreme responses.  But WOW, 'Loveless', now that's EXTREME!
IP Logged

pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 6:39pm »

Welcome back to ordinary reality, Eyes_Afire. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Your report illustrates the importance of using accurate scales, and of BELIEVING what they say. It is not the NUMBER of mushrooms involved that determine the size of a dose, but their total weight. The single giant specimen you weighed first (at 2.5 grams) would have been quite sufficient as a first dose. Adding the second one put you in the range of 4.0 to 4.5 grams, from your description. And, since the mushrooms were lovingly homegrown and very fresh, the potency was good.  

As for the experience itself, it sounds like you definitely reached at least a righteous "Level 4", with forays into "Level 5" territory. I've been there myself (about thirty years ago, but I'll never forget it), so I can relate to your description. You are, of course, correct -- there are literally no words for the "Level 5" experience, but you did a pretty good job of trying. I'm glad you didn't find the experience unpleasant. Whatever the results this dose will have on your cluster cycle, I guarantee you NO ONE will ever accuse you of "underdosing"! *grin*

Some questions:

You say you prepared a tea from the mushrooms. Did you find the taste unpleasant? Did you drink the tea in one big gulp or over the space of ten minutes or so?

Did you experience any nausea or stomach upset?

How are you feeling NOW? Any lingering effects from the dose? Do you feel especially lethargic, or energetic, or serene, or clearheaded (or the reverse)?

And, most importantly, what effect has this had on your CH? I know it's only been 24 hours since taking the tea, but have you observed any changes in your CH symptoms yet? Apart from the absence of shadows, that is.

Slammy: I understand your reluctance to give this therapy a try after reading EA's post, but let me assure you the majority of clusterheads achieve relief at a LOT lower doses. The difference between a "Level 2" experience and a "Level 4" is like the difference between having a couple of beers with dinner and chugging a fifth of tequila on an empty stomach without pausing for breath. As for "Level 5"... well... I think it's impossible for anyone to drink enough alcohol to produce anything even remotely analagous to a "Level 5" psychedelic experience.

Eyes_Afire, thanks for the report. I look forward to your updates.

pinky
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 7:56pm »

Hey Eyes......sorry I didn't get back to ya last night....but it seemed like you were doin' good.....as HP Pink just said: a righteous 4 can be a Life Changer.....L5....whew......

GOOD description of your experience and I'm hopin' ya got some relief from the HA's.....hang in bro.....best 2 ya and keep us updated.....Steve

(.......film at 11 from the Church of Monday Night Football....cut me a copy.....please?)
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
kristi

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 8:17pm »

Hi Pinky,

I have been curious about this before, but am more so now due to eyes_afire's experience.

Is there any evidence that suggests that a clusterhead can "overdose" on shrooms?  I don't actually mean overdose in the usual drug sense.  I mean (I think Cheesy) - can too much psylocibin, or perhaps too high of a trip level, have a detrimental affect on achieving relief, or on aborting the cycle, or could it even start a cycle?

You were quite specific in some of your posts that achieving a trip level around 2 was the most advantageous.  And I realize that the point of those statements was that anything less would probably not allow the best results.  But you did not directly address the affects of "more," and I came away with the feeling that there was a perfect range - level 2 to 3.

Crudely put, I would hate to see Scott dose again at the 6 month mark, overdo it, and accidentally "reset" the hypothalamus to the "clusters on" setting!

Thank you, and Flash, as always, from the bottom of our hearts for leading us to this path, for taking away Scott's pain, and for improving our lives as well as the lives of our friends here.  God chooses His messangers wisely, in part for their knowledge and ability to understand, in part for their willingness and patience to teach, and in part for the empathy for others that motivates them.  I'm sure He is not disappointed in His decision.  

PFDAN to all and lots of painfree blessings to you eyes_afire!

Kristi
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 8:24pm »

Very excellent questions Pinky, the trip was unbelieveable... like an alternate universe... very beautiful.  I made the tea according to the recipe you posted.  I added 2 teaspoons of instant coffee and 3 teaspoons of sugar.  Basically, it tasted like coffee with a hint of lemon flavor.  It didn't taste bad at all to me (I don't know if that would have been the case without adding the coffee and the sugar).  I chugged it in 1 gulp... in about 10 seconds.  I experienced slight excess bloating and gaseous feeling when returning to earth and for the remainder of the night, err... I mean morning (before returning to earth I was in another realm, so it is hard to say if the bloating actually started before returning to earth  Grin).  Immediately after returning to earth, my mind felt foggy to reality but was still racing with grand thoughts and I felt energetic.  I was walking around re-acquainting myself with my apartment for most of the early morning.  For most of today, my mind has felt energetic and clear, but my body has felt lethargic.  So, I wanted to sleep often, and I did, but it wasn't easy because my mind was still racing and didn't feel sleepy although my body felt tired.  Over the past 2 weeks, my CH danger-zone has been the unusual times of 9:45am and/or 2:30pm.  This morning, 9:45am came and went without even a hint of shadows or CH.  This afternoon at around 2:30pm or 3:00pm I felt a bit of pressure behind my left eye and I felt burning only for about 10 seconds, then the burning left.  These shadows weren't very bad and I didn't even consider taking any meds because somehow I knew they would leave quickly.  Today, my head and eye felt better than they have in a while... better now without any meds, than most days when I was taking many meds.  Ultimately, time will tell because this cycle has been long and persistent.

Pinky, you're right, NO amount of alcohol can even compare to this trip.  I don't much like the way excessive alcohol makes me feel, however this mushroom trip was the most liberating and cathartic feeling ever.  It was BEAUTIFUL and mind-blowing.  Having said this, it would be tough to trip with regularity because it is tiring.  I feel like I lived many lifetimes within a few hours.

Slammy, I'm sure Pinky is right that most will have success with much lower doses.  I was probably in the range of 4 - 4.5 grams.  My best advice:  have a 'baby-sitter' for yourself.  It would have helped ease my return to earth and would have given me more info on my trip.  Before dosing, my CH was frustrating me alot and my attitude toward dosing was very cavalier, plus I was feeling adventurous, plus I was a bit naive to the power of shrooms and how to dose.  But I have no regrets... it was magnificent.  My CH was making me desperate and impatient and I probably would have done almost anything to myself in order to get rid of CH.  I really wanted to break out a good crop o' whoopass on the beast and enjoy my revenge for all the times CH have messed everything up, especially recently at my sister's wedding and the demolition derby last weekend.

Thanks again everyone.  I'll update on my progress.
IP Logged

scottie

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 9:14pm »

EA,  
I just want to say that you are too cool.  Damn Damn Damn Damn.  Why didn't I overdo it too.  I'm jealous of all the fun you had.  I thought that watching a moth turn kamikaze and zoom into an electrical fence and explode into flames was intense.  It sounds as though you would have been freaked and would try to figure out why a moth with everything to live for would choose to end it all.  LOL    

Level 5. I'm SO THERE next time depending on how the HP Pink responds to my better half.  

Seriously though, it is great to have an account such as yours on here.  You had the perfect mind set for carrying out this form of treatment.  Large Kudos to you.  You also were able to put into words about things that even the greatest Bards in history (including Sailpappy) would have fallen short on.  

I also want to take a moment to thank a few people myself.  Rick, Stecolor, Flash, The Pink One, Slammy, and also Kristi, who while not being a direct sufferer of the pain from the beast, she is still on here everyday willing to lend an ear or hand to help all people, not just me.  There are also some whom I can't remember by name right now, but all of you were a great support to me, some indirectly and some directly.    

Pinksharkmark,  A special word out to you for all of the knowledge that you have purveyed to us.  I hope that my praising you in this way will not put you out of sorts.  We have never communicated  directly but I feel that you are a close friend for the aid that you were able to provide to me with just your written words.  

I also want to send a special thank you to Flash for having the intelligence to figure this out although you had to suffer some personal hells in your life to get there.  

I am not the least bit ashamed to say that I love all of you.  Yes even Kristi.   LOL  

EA I hope that you have PFDAN4EVER.  May you never feel the jab of the hot poker in your temple.  This prayer goes out to all Clusterheads.  Much love to you all.  Later.  

Hey Sammy don't disappear on us.  

Scottie
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 13th, 2002, 1:19am »

on Jul 12th, 2002, 8:17pm, kristi wrote:
Is there any evidence that suggests that a clusterhead can "overdose" on shrooms?  I don't actually mean overdose in the usual drug sense.  I mean (I think Cheesy) - can too much psylocibin, or perhaps too high of a trip level, have a detrimental affect on achieving relief, or on aborting the cycle, or could it even start a cycle?

I'm not sure. Taken one at a time:

a) achieving relief -- the evidence we have from most experimenters seems to indicate the reverse: the higher the dose, the greater the chance of immediate relief. I will point out, however, that Ted, for one, (a chronic clusterhead), has reported actually experiencing a cluster attack while still high, and though he didn't assign a "Level" number to his experience, I believe he usually goes for a pretty solid dose. Others who have attempted milder doses have sometimes been hit with a CH while still high, but I believe those folks were all at the less heroic levels. Hopefully any of them reading this post will correct me if I am wrong.

My guess (and it's just my opinion) is that the stronger the dose, the less likely it is to experience an attack while still "under the influence". I think the vasoconstrictor effect of the hallucinogen in and of itself would tend to prevent an attack from occurring.

b) aborting the cycle -- Again, from the reports we have, it appears that often a higher single dose, particularly for those at the peak of their cycles, seems to be more effective than a lower single dose. On the other hand, so many have achieved success with two or sometimes three lower doses that I am hesitant to recommend the single "heroic dose" technique over the more conservative approach, especially for a psychedelic "virgin".  

I am of the opinion that the higher doses will work better, but I have no hard evidence to prove it. There are just too few reports currently available from people who've taken as much as Eyes_Afire did to be able to draw any conclusions that have statistical validity.  

c) triggering a new cycle -- I've seen no reports of this. I personally think it unlikely, regardless of the size of dose taken, that someone in mid-remission would initiate a new cycle ahead of its natural time. I might be wrong about this, but I'll point out that an episodic clusterhead in remission can do just about EVERYTHING wrong: get drunk every night for a month, eat MSG, sniff noxious chemical fumes, whatever -- and still not initiate a cycle, or even a single CH, for that matter.  

Quote:
And I realize that the point of those statements was that anything less would probably not allow the best results.

Correct. I believe the best results are achieved with a MINIMUM "Level 2" dosage. Sure, there have been some who have reported excellent results at less than that, but they are in the minority. Besides, the difference between "Level 1" and "Level 2" is more subtle than the difference between "Level 2" and "Level 3", so it's possible some reporters were underestimating their actual state.  

Quote:
Crudely put, I would hate to see Scott dose again at the 6 month mark, overdo it, and accidentally "reset" the hypothalamus to the "clusters on" setting!

I won't say it's impossible. All I can say is that if it happens, it will be the first case I have come across.  

I've given some pretty serious thought to the idea of making my own upcoming "booster shot" a real humdinger, but I fear when the time actually comes, I'll most likely opt for the more conservative approach. Even though the thought of travelling through that unutterably bizarre (yet hauntingly beautiful) other world once again holds undeniable appeal, I do believe my days of "Level 5 voyaging" are thirty years behind me.   

pinky
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2002, 1:46am by pinksharkmark » IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: Jul 13th, 2002, 1:19am »

Eyes,

"Loveless" is one of my top favorite best number one albums of all time.

I am a rabid MBV fan, and that album goes hand in hand w/psychedelics.  You should also check out their "Tremolo" E.P., it's basically the "To Here Knows When" single.  

And thanks for the info on your strain of medication.  I just might have some Ecuadors for my next treatment, it sounds as though they are quite effective Cheesy.

Keep us posted brother!

-Rick
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2002, 1:21am by rick » IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 13th, 2002, 5:05pm »

Update:  This morning I experienced very brief and mild shadows at around 9:30 am.  This afternoon I had a CH attack breakthru at 2:45pm.  The attack was relatively mild and short (Kip 6 or 7 for about 50 or 60 minutes).  I avoided using any meds for the attack in order to determine if the shrooms have had any effect on the duration or intensity.  I believe the shrooms have had some positive effect, but how much of an effect remains to be seen.  I have to say that ordinarily I would be much worse off since I haven't taken any imitrex since July 10 or any verapamil for the past 7 or 8 days.

Rick:  I think the years 1988 - 1992 were a time of unique musical creativity and those years may have been a zenith in post-modern sonic art.  There were 3 albums which forever changed my perception of the possibilities of sonic art.  These are unqualified all-time classics of all the sonic arts (and 3 of my very favorite albums):

Surfer Rosa 1988 - Pixies
Daydream Nation 1988 - Sonic Youth
Loveless 1991 - My Bloody Valentine

These 3 are works of pure genius and should be mandatory listening for anyone interested in the sonic arts.  I only wish there was more art like that nowadays.

IP Logged

rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14th, 2002, 2:23am »

Eyes,

I'm going to IM you later so that we can continue our discussion of music Cool.

You said that your attack had shrunk in intensity and duration.  What is your typical kip level and length of attack?  I noticed a decrease in intensity and duration right away after my first dose, but what felt so different to me after dosing was that my attacks didn't seem to really bother me anymore, if that makes any sense.  I was able to function normally while having one.  Did you experience this while you got hit today?  My attacks continued to decrease each day following my first dose.  And remember, it took me a few doses to lock the beast up in its cage, after which I had to continue dosing to keep the mofo there. Angry ;D-R
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 14th, 2002, 8:43pm »

Rick:
Since eliminating Verapamil, I was getting crushed with Kip 8s and 9s for a couple of days which would have probably lasted 90 minutes unmedicated (meaning no imitrex or oxygen).  It's kinda like the CH beast has been somewhat 'de-fanged' since the shroom dose.  Yesterday's attack, although not as severe as usual, did bother me enough to interfere with normal activities.  

Today:  No big shadows (just a brief bit of pressure behind eye at 4:45pm), no CH, and NO meds.  The last time I was able to say that would have been at least 10.5 months ago  Shocked Shocked Shocked.  Wow, I hope this lasts, but I'm almost afraid it's too good to last!
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2002, 8:46pm by eyes_afire » IP Logged

scottie

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 14th, 2002, 8:49pm »

No fear Eyes!  This is for REAL!!

Each of the 4 shadows and 2 HA I got in the first 5 days after dosing, felt about the same.  Kinda like here it comes, here it comes, HERE IT COMES.......hey, where did it go!!  The beast just couldn't get up the strength to really hit me.

GOD I LOVE THAT!

Nothin' - no shadows, no HA - now for 46 days!!  And no meds the entire time!

Hope you keep up the PFDAN man!

Scottie
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 16th, 2002, 12:53pm »

Sorry to barge in here, but my CH experience almost exactly mirrors Eyes_Afire's, and since I'm in the middle of my first batch of shrooms, I'm intensely interested in other sufferer's experiences and results.
EA, did you dry your shrooms before ingesting? You indicate that the one you gobbled was 2.5 grams - but was that whole or dried? The stuff I've seen indicates that dry weight is maybe 10% of whole weight, so I don't wanna eat 2 grams of dried and wind up on my way to Pluto for a week. Also, how are you doing now? I'm in month 14 of cycle 2, but haven't had anything over a KIP/5 since last August, just constant pressure behind my eyes and forehead, and twinges on the right side of nose that fluctuate between 1 and 5. And depression; lots of that, but maybe that's just me.
Thanks again to all you guys, we may all be different as hell but we're all in the same boat and I wouldn't trade this website for anything.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss