Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 3:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Triptan Out!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Triptan Out!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Triptan Out!!  (Read 702 times)
Elaine

Email

New Triptan Out!!
« on: Jul 9th, 2002, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Frova its been DFA approved for Migrainers ! In in the triptan group so just might help us.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/1826.52441
IP Logged
Ohmsx

Email

Re: New Triptan Out!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 11:57pm »

Thanks for the info. I swear by Maxalt (disintegrating), if I use it in time, it aborts most of my attacks, so I'm very interested in the Triptans. One thing worries me about Frova though, to quote the article- "...since [the drug] doesn't kick in immediately..."  If it doesn't kick in immediately, will it help clusterheads?
I suppose we'll know soon enough.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 12:25am »

I've been watching, and researching that one for a while... I'm thinking that it may be effective to use as a preventative for clusters.  My insurance's formulary covers a few pills a month, so I'll prolly ask my nuero the next time I call him...

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel

P.S.  Frova was approved last November, and should currently be available at most pharmacies.  Frova is maufactured by Elan, and information can be found on their website at http://www.elan.com/
IP Logged
ScottL

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 1:41am »

I am a chronic CHer currently taking Frova following septoplasty and endoscopic sinus surgery (fixing left-overs from a couple of broken noses in my youth).  I am not impressed, as CH seem to break through fairly regularly.  However, the swelling from the surgery may serve as a constant trigger, making me a poor test case for Frova.  Oh, by the way, it is expensive (surprise).  

I hope it works for anyone who takes it.
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27th, 2002, 10:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I was put on this 2 weeks ago and it didn't do a thing for me.....I was to take it as a preventive because it takes about 2 hrs to reach it's level but then stays in system for up to 26 hrs.  Well day one and two where ok but then the CH's just start to break through I swear just when I think we found something the beast fines a new game to play.....I was aloud 18 pills which was a joke....but for me it didn't do what I needed it to do...so off to fine something else....but this is just me....I'm someone that has yet to fine the right preventive...been on everything nothing works.....and that is for 22 yrs.....even on the fiova I had to use imitrex nasal and even a fiornal.....luv Robin
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss