Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 9th, 2024, 12:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « MY FUNGUS GREW MOLD !!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   MY FUNGUS GREW MOLD !!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MY FUNGUS GREW MOLD !!!!!!  (Read 3146 times)
michelle

Email

MY FUNGUS GREW MOLD !!!!!!
« on: Jul 9th, 2002, 4:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I SCREWED UP.....I ACTUALLY GREW SHROOMS IN A MYCOBAG, WENT TO DRY THEM USING DAMP-RID IN A TUPPERWARE CONTAINER, (THE SEAL WAS NOT AIR TIGHT) AND MY SHROOMS GREW MOLD!.....BACK TO FARMING I GO....BUT I HAVE A QUESTION.....

THE MYCOBAG INSTRUCTIONS SAY AFTER CROPPING, SPRAY A LIGHT MIST OF DISTILLED WATER  DOWN THE INSIDE OF BAG, FOLD DOWN AND CLIP.....THIS INCREASES THE POSSIBILITY OF UP TO 3 -4 FLUSHES......

DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO SHOOT IN MORE SPORES FROM THE SYRINGE OR NOT?
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

Re: MY FUNGUS GREW MOLD !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 6:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Congratulations on your successful fungus farm!

You don't have to inject more spores into the bags.  

The reason for misting the bag is to bring the relative humidity inside the bag back up to its proper levels. When you opened the bag to harvest the first crop, the humid air inside the bag escaped. Misting and then immediately resealing the bag ensures the humidity will remain high enough for the next crop to develop.  

You don't need to mist it very much at all -- be careful not to have the block of mycelium sitting in water. The idea is to just provide enough tiny droplets clinging to the sides of the bag to evaporate into the air trapped inside the bag.

So it was only the first flush (crop) that went moldy during the drying process? All is not lost, then. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the next flush.

To avoid having your next crop go moldy, don't put them into the drying chamber immediately after picking, but first pre-dry them for a day using an ordinary room fan. Just toss them in some kind of mesh bag and hang them in front the fan, or even just spread them out on a piece of newspaper in front of the fan. The airflow will drive most of the moisture out of them pretty rapidly. In around 24 hours, 48 at the most, they'll be all shrivelled up and leathery.

Now when they are placed in the drying chamber, the Damp-Rid will be able to suck the last bit of moisture out of them pretty rapidly -- sometimes overnight. The Damp-Rid doesn't get as saturated with moisture if they are pre-dried. You'll know they're ready when they snap and crumble easily.  

pinky
IP Logged
michelle

Email

Re: MY FUNGUS GREW MOLD !!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 7:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

PINKY,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE AND ANSWERING MY QUESTION.

YES, THIS WAS MY VERY FIRST CROP, I FORGOT THAT STEP OF AIR DRYING .  

BACK TO FARMING I GO....THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.....I THINK I UNDERSTAND IT BETTER NOW

MICHELLE
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss